• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cam Sutton returning on a 1 year deal

Better then the guys who have been playing for 8 weeks. For sure.
Tomlin probably won't want to rush him back though. It probably will be around week 15 or 16 for Sutton to see any real playing time.

I am fine with 8. He did some sort of DA and then hid out for weeks... even if it was embellished in the news, he deserved a decent suspension
I think it's bullshit. Ray Rice was given 2 games for that brutal attack on his Fiancé initially, and only hit him with an indefinite after the video became public and the NFl received backlash from the public. When you look at AB's suspension in 2020, eight games for MULTIPLE violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy, it's total bullshit. Kareem Hunt got six games and his assault was caught on video. How can Cam's assault be any more violent or Damning than that?

Like Berm said and it bears repeating, **** Roger and **** his corrupt shield

I think it's bullshit. Ray Rice was given 2 games for that brutal attack on his Fiancé initially, and only hit him with an indefinite after the video became public and the NFl received backlash from the public. When you look at AB's suspension in 2020, eight games for MULTIPLE violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy, it's total bullshit. Kareem Hunt got six games and his assault was caught on video. How can Cam's assault be any more violent or Damning than that?

Like Berm said and it bears repeating, **** Roger and **** his corrupt shield
I see it as 4 for the assault and 4 for evading the police for weeks, making national news...

I see it as 4 for the assault and 4 for evading the police for weeks, making national news...

I see this as well, solid reasoning.

DK Daily shot says there probably won’t be any appeal. He thinks it’s a pretty sure deal as when the STEELERS signed him that that might have been part of the deal.

Cam Sutton will be ready upon his return. I guarantee you he will be working out hard and doing private conditioning with private trainers in both physical and mental parts of his trade.

Salute the nation

The guy is lucky he is allowed to play I think 8 games is fair enough. He is lucky he didn't get black balled like Ray Rice
could you share specific details of what actually happened, though? not the alleged accusations, but the actual incident. thanks in advance.

could you share specific details of what actually happened, though? not the alleged accusations, but the actual incident. thanks in advance.

I think that information has been buried and will not be made public. The NFL did their own investigation, and this is how they determined to discipline it.

The B & G have historically been greater punished for discipline than any other team in the NFL. It's not fair or just, but it's just how it has been since that CBA vote where the STEELERS were the only team to vote against the power it would wield the "rog".

**** the rog, ............................

Salute the nation

So signed for a year, 8 games are lost. There's no way he will be in game shape, so another 2-3 games for that..ugh.

I believe they will have him for training camp and preseason games?

Who knew! This imo was a stupid decision to sign this guy full well knowing he would be suspended.
Would have thought we could have signed a better option. At least one that was available for 17 games.

I see this as well, solid reasoning.

DK Daily shot says there probably won’t be any appeal. He thinks it’s a pretty sure deal as when the STEELERS signed him that that might have been part of the deal.

Cam Sutton will be ready upon his return. I guarantee you he will be working out hard and doing private conditioning with private trainers in both physical and mental parts of his trade.

Salute the nation
Are you speculating or were you privy to private meetings?

If he deserved an eight game suspension, should the police be criticized for reducing the charge to a misdemeanor? Seems to be a disconnect somewhere.

. even if it was embellished in the news
How the heck do you know it was “embellished in the news”. He could have just as easily got this swept under the rug because he’s got millions. Amazing what a good expensive ,connected lawyer can do. You don’t know and either do I.

What I do know is he’s not appealing for some reason, and as long as he’s cheap and can play many people don’t care what happened.
Another thing I know is how we laugh at the Browns and Bengals for signings like this.

How the heck do you know it was “embellished in the news”. He could have just as easily got this swept under the rug because he’s got millions. Amazing what a good expensive ,connected lawyer can do. You don’t know and either do I.

What I do know is he’s not appealing for some reason, and as long as he’s cheap and can play many people don’t care what happened.
Another thing I know is how we laugh at the Browns and Bengals for signings like this.
The police know and dropped the charge to a misdemeanor.

To clarify, I said "even if it was" , he still committed something and ran from the law... i didnt definitively say that the reporting was accurate or not... regardless he still deserved a suspension...

If he deserved an eight game suspension, should the police be criticized for reducing the charge to a misdemeanor? Seems to be a disconnect somewhere.
Just how the entire system works. Especially when the person assaulted refuses to press charges.

The suspension isnt punishment for a crime... its retaliation for bringing bad PR to the league... its not a great method, but its always been about protecting the shield...

Are you speculating or were you privy to private meetings?

Prospecting, looking for the golden nugget in the whole situation.

Salute the nation