• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cam Sutton returning on a 1 year deal

So the last three years 3 2 and 3 you think is excessive? You don’t think a rookie is prone to giving up more initially?

Hot potato poopsies la la la I think you are as usual not seeing a clear picture. No shocker there.
Oopsie poopsie, 23 TDs given up and you move field goal posts, got it. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

I'm more concerned with passes defensed than INTs.
INTs are mostly a factor of where the ball was thrown, tipped passes, defender happened to be in the right place at the right time, 'how the ball bounces', etc.
Just considering INTs only isn't a very good metric.

Oopsie poopsie, 23 TDs given up and you move field goal posts, got it. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Yeah I knew you wouldn’t grasp it. For you to understand I am not sure goal posts throughout the house would help.

Yeah I knew you wouldn’t grasp it. For you to understand I am not sure goal posts throughout the house would help.
The habitual hypocrite trying to grasp goal post moving. You can't teach a dog algebra. No sense in trying.

The habitual hypocrite trying to grasp goal post moving. You can't teach a dog algebra. No sense in trying.
I can’t teach a douchebag how not to clutter up a message board with his repetitive diarrhea either.

Reports are Sutton is suspended for the first eight games.

I am thinking the Steelers will bring in another corner…

Confirmed. And I call bullshit. 8 games is too many...
Its like buying a car...sticker price is there but we all know there is wiggle room to negotiate. The will appeal and get it knocked down a few. NFL wants to appear tough on these issues when the initial suspension headline will have the most impact. By the time an appeal comes through, camp will be in full swing and nobody outside Steelers Fans will bat an eye.

Its like buying a car...sticker price is there but we all know there is wiggle room to negotiate. The will appeal and get it knocked down a few. NFL wants to appear tough on these issues when the initial suspension headline will have the most impact. By the time an appeal comes through, camp will be in full swing and nobody outside Steelers Fans will bat an eye.
You do realize Cam is a Steeler now, right??? Rog probably said 10 and Dan said no so now it's 8...

**** Roger

Reports are Sutton is suspended for the first eight games.

I am thinking the Steelers will bring in another corner…
Agreed, the FO might of been hoping 4 to 6 game suspension but I'm not surprised at 8. Going awol after the incident didn't help his cause and I'm betting if his significant other demanded an aggressive prosecution it would have happened. The NFL's security (usually retired FBI) report covered what went down.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reporting Sutton will not appeal so 8 games it is.

Roger is really excited. Just more material for the Hard Knocks crap.

Note: I believe he should have been suspended. I would have thought 4-6 with a lean towards 4. I am not excusing what he did or his going batshit. But the NFL has literally no framework for what punishment is appropriate for anything and this completely random stuff just irks me.

Mixed feelings here. If that’s his punishment and he serves it, then it’s over. Doesn’t excuse what he did, but according to his employer and the action-it’s hard to argue other than he’s lucky he’s still allowed to be in the NFL. It is a longer season so this could possibly work out for the better. We saw what happened last year to the secondary.

Confirmed. And I call bullshit. 8 games is too many...
If one thinks wife beating is a non issue then it might be to many games. Others might say it isn't enough. I am just speculating here though.

I am fine with 8. He did some sort of DA and then hid out for weeks... even if it was embellished in the news, he deserved a decent suspension
The Steelers might have expected it as well. I can’t assume they were blind to outcome.

League minimum and a roster exception for 8 weeks... thats actually not a bad deal...
Question will be what type of football shape will he be in after those eight weeks.