• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Census: Whites become 'minority' in 2044, 'Hispanic population twice blacks'

Oh yeah. That is some good butt-hurt right there. Does it burn, son? Does it burn...
Nope, not a bit.

There is no such thing. That's like saying you're a human martian or a canine cat. Conservatism is inherently authoritarian. It is one of the primary hallmarks of conservatives. That is why religion, that is why strict laws about personal conduct, that is why pro prosecution and pro police. Libertarians are highly anti-authoritarian, so you cannot be both.
Again, you're wrong. There are Conservative Libertarians and Liberal Libertarians. Just like there are Liberal Republicans and Conservative Democrats. I don't pigeonhole people into all-or-nothing categories.

Many more votes are bought by campaign contributions and favor arbitrage. This is why Wall Street owns congress. And the POTUS, whomever he is.
And some Democrats are figuring that out about Bomma just now.

Why just weed? The cartels and gang bangers are not filling the streets with bullets over just weed. The prison system is not busting at the seems over just weed. Moreover, the most fundamental tenant of liberty is self ownership. If you believe that the state has the right to tell you what you can and cannot put into your body, you have seeded ownership of your person to the state. A libertarian would never make such a concession.
I didn't have the inclination to type the name of every illegal drug there is. Regardless, weed HAS been legalized by two states so it seemed like a good example.

Conservatives do the same thing. See gay marriage, abortion, prostitution, gambling etc. It seems you can only see it when it's the other team. Yet another mark of the partisan conservative. Libertarians, real ones, advocate abolishing ALL SOCIAL ENGINEERING LAWS. There are only 3 real crimes: violent crime, property crime, and political corruption. Things like possession crime, prostitution, so called "date rape" (two drunks *******), and the like do not fall into either one of those categories. No harm is done, no injury incurred, and for that reason these laws are illegitimate.
Some do, some don't. Personally I think that gay people should have the same right to lose half their stuff in a divorce as I did.

This is right wing tripe. It's a cute sounding Fox News talking point, but as stated above, holds no water. The right loves to scare the hell out of the middle class so they can jam "tough on crime" legislation through congress and local governments. They are the first ones to cry and ***** about how "hard it is" to be a cop every time the cops kill someone they shouldn't, rather than demanding of them the same justice they demand of citizens who kill unlawfully. The right is anything but innocent.
How about if the black community does something really radical like not breaking laws? Even if they disagree with them.

You are wrong. I'm a Civil Libertarian. A real one. I think both sides are massively full of ****. The left plays the middle class against the rich and white, the right plays the middle class against the poor and dark. But it's the same game: divide, conquer, and collect more campaign donations and favors (like high paid do-nothing jobs when you leave public office).
Agree.

Agree completely. And it's easier to accomplish these things if your life isn't derailed by your youthful indiscretions. You really should do some checking into the differences in juvenile sentencing. White kids get into the same trouble as Black kids, but the system does not eat them alive for it. They can do drugs pretty much with impunity because they're not going to be routinely searched (and arrested) by the cops.
Again, people should raise their kids not to break the law and commit crimes.

I've started really wondering if any of you actually know any Black people.
My town and my neighborhood is about 50/50.

There is a great variety of thought amongst Blacks, and your assumptions here represent only one faction.
True, that's why I've mostly called it "the inner-city black community" because that's where most of the problems are that you are mentioning.

Poor people in general tend not to value education, and Blacks are disproportionately poor.
And they are disproportionately poor partly because they don't value education. Not because they are black.

You are the only one insisting that the problem is racial. I don't believe that at all. Everything you've said about "half of Blacks" I've observed in poor whites.
No where have I said the problem is racial, in the sense that it is caused by one's skin color. It is racial because of the value set of a large number of people of one particular race. The portion that believes in marriage, education, etc. does the same as white people. The portion of white people who are uneducated, have illegitimate births, drug use, etc. does the same as black people. However percentage -wise it's a bigger problem for the black community. I am aware that in total numbers the largest group of welfare recipients are rural white people. In both cases they are where they are because the government pays them to remain in places where their labor is not needed. Work ethic and need for fathers in the home kind of evaporates. Social engineering. That's how Steeler Nation came to be. People of all races had a good work ethic from generations of full employment in the steel mills and when work disappeared, a lot of people said "Well, I guess we have to move where they work is" and packed up instead of sitting on their *** collecting a check.

Social engineering is a waste of valuable resources better put to more effective use. Moreover, it does more harm to poor people and minorities than it does good to the larger society, so for wholly pragmatic reasons we would do well to abolish it. That is the Civil Libertarian viewpoint. Since you appear not to share it, you're more of a moderate conservative than a libertarian.
I disagree but you are entitled to your opinion. It's not like I care what you think.

Last edited:
btw

we need to kill the muzzies before they kill us....

US government offering $5M reward for Al Qaeda leader freed from Gitmo

rubaysh.jpg

----------------

wait, is that Elfie?

Last edited:
Muzzist!!!
10 char.

btw

we need to kill the muzzies before they kill us....

Two things.

1) There are a billion "muzzies". That's a lot of bullets.

2) Are you volunteering to go over and do the killing? Cuz muzzies shoot back.

Two things.

1) There are a billion "muzzies". That's a lot of bullets.

2) Are you volunteering to go over and do the killing? Cuz muzzies shoot back.
Muslims are doing a pretty good job of killing each other, and we should not get in their way. And if we can turn a nice profit by selling them weapons. ........win-win.

What we do need, is the ability to openly criticize this malevolent ideology without being labeled as a racist Islamophobe.

Muslims are doing a pretty good job of killing each other, and we should not get in their way. And if we can turn a nice profit by selling them weapons. ........win-win.

What we do need, is the ability to openly criticize this malevolent ideology without being labeled as a racist Islamophobe.

That blade cuts both ways.

I could make the exact same argument for the ability to criticize Israeli Apartheid, which created the jihadists movement, without being called an antisemite.

this is all out war now

Jacksonville firefighter injured in apparent targeted drive-by shooting Tuesday night

A Jacksonville firefighter was injured in a shooting incident Tuesday night on the city’s Southside when police say an unknown shooter in a vehicle targeted a group of about six firefighters.

Lt. Jackson Short of the Sheriff’s Office said the firefighters were fueling a ladder truck behind Fire Station 28 in the 9200 block of Hogan Road at about 7:35 p.m. when a vehicle drove up and someone fired five or six shots, striking one of the firefighters in the arm after the bullet ricocheted.

“It appears the firemen were targeted,” Shorts said. “Because they are firefighters, they were on duty and the area is very well lit from the streetlights at the gas pump area.”

Jacksonville Mayor Alvin Brown said in a prepared statement Tuesday night that he was outraged and called the attacks in Jacksonville “cowardly.”

“These attacks will not be tolerated,” he said.

http://jacksonville.com/breaking-ne...hter-injured-apparent-targeted-drive-shooting

spent 6 months at BIAP - Baghdad airport - after convoying in from Kuwait in early 03

Our camp got hit by a few rocket and mortar attacks... tracer fire overhead every night - tanks protected our perimeter and we had Army artillery right next to us lighting up the night - I felt safe

all out war

Gang members threaten to shoot up NYPD station house

The NYPD set up SWAT teams at two Bedford-Stuyvesant police precincts Tuesday night — after a confidential informant told cops about overhearing a gang plot to “shoot it out” at the station houses.

Four Emergency Services Unit officers, outfitted with helmets and assault weapons, were stationed at the 79th precinct. Another two were at the 81st.

The beefed up security was prompted by a confidential informant, who told cops of overhearing a member of the Baltimore-based Black Guerrilla Family talking with fellow gang members about plans to “shoot it out with police” at the two precincts, law enforcement sources told The Post.

The gang member served three years in jail for robbery and attempted murder.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/23/gang-members-threaten-to-shoot-up-nypd-station-house/

all out war

Gang members threaten to shoot up NYPD station house

The NYPD set up SWAT teams at two Bedford-Stuyvesant police precincts Tuesday night — after a confidential informant told cops about overhearing a gang plot to “shoot it out” at the station houses.

Four Emergency Services Unit officers, outfitted with helmets and assault weapons, were stationed at the 79th precinct. Another two were at the 81st.

The beefed up security was prompted by a confidential informant, who told cops of overhearing a member of the Baltimore-based Black Guerrilla Family talking with fellow gang members about plans to “shoot it out with police” at the two precincts, law enforcement sources told The Post.

The gang member served three years in jail for robbery and attempted murder.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/23/gang-members-threaten-to-shoot-up-nypd-station-house/

It's not war, it's an excuse.

1) It's an excuse for violent people who just want to cause trouble to attack the police

2) It's an excuse for fascist police to use the kind of brutality they're dying to unleash

Neither side is the good guys on this one. I'd just a soon everybody took a minute to think about the **** they're starting. This will be bad. And any Black person with sense knows where the fight is going to take place: the Black neighborhoods. Yes the pigs are way out of hand, but this is a fight that only they can win. You beat pigs with votes, not bullets.

That blade cuts both ways.

I could make the exact same argument for the ability to criticize Israeli Apartheid, which created the jihadists movement, without being called an antisemite.

Jihad was around 1300 years before Israel existed. They didn't create it. What you cited is a convenient fallacy.

Let me know the next time a Jew beheads someone for criticizing their religion. Then we can start making comparisons.

Jihad was around 1300 years before Israel existed. They didn't create it. What you cited is a convenient fallacy.

Let me know the next time a Jew beheads someone for criticizing their religion. Then we can start making comparisons.
I'm still waiting for an Amish suicide farmer to drive a bomb-laden buggy into the electric company.
All religions are equivalent and you're a racist.

Or a groups of Christians going around slaughtering islamics for not converting.

I can see this discussion is going to get out of hand quickly.

I did not say "jihad". I said "jihadists movement" and the modern jihadist movement is absolutely a product of Israeli ethnic cleansing to create their illegitimate apartheid state.

Moreover, killing children with hellfire missiles and running over ambulances with tanks hardly gives Israel the moral high ground. They have committed plenty of atrocities in defense of segregation and subjugation. Michael Sheueur has it right: the Israelis do not share America's "all men are created equal" values and should not be supported. They constantly bring up the holocaust in defense of their violence but in today's world the Israelis ARE the Nazis.

I can see this discussion is going to get out of hand quickly.

I did not say "jihad". I said "jihadists movement" and the modern jihadist movement is absolutely a product of Israeli ethnic cleansing to create their illegitimate apartheid
The "modern jihadist movement" as you call it, started in 1928, with the creation of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. That is 20 years before the creation of Israel. If you have any facts that supports your claim, let's see them.

While you are at it, maybe you can also explain what Beslan, Mumbai attacks, Bali night club bombings, Boko Haram, Al Shabab, and the Philippines insurgency have to do with Isreal.

I'm not here to defend Israelis human rights records, so you can take that fight elsewhere.

Did you know that humans and a grain of rice share about 25% of the same DNA ...

I wonder how much is shared between all humans...

It's not war, it's an excuse.

1) It's an excuse for violent people who just want to cause trouble to attack the police

2) It's an excuse for fascist police to use the kind of brutality they're dying to unleash

Neither side is the good guys on this one. I'd just a soon everybody took a minute to think about the **** they're starting. This will be bad. And any Black person with sense knows where the fight is going to take place: the Black neighborhoods. Yes the pigs are way out of hand, but this is a fight that only they can win. You beat pigs with votes, not bullets.

Isn't that like blaming foot soldiers for being in a war? I mean the police enforce (with too much authoritarian violence many times) the government's rules: unfair taxes on cigarettes, silly licensing rules, theft rules, behavioural rules, etc. And we know the guvmint has taken a decidedly hands-off approach to all the lawless looting over the past few months. It is hard to know what the police might think is right/wrong anymore.

The "modern jihadist movement" as you call it, started in 1928, with the creation of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. That is 20 years before the creation of Israel. If you have any facts that supports your claim, let's see them.

While you are at it, maybe you can also explain what Beslan, Mumbai attacks, Bali night club bombings, Boko Haram, Al Shabab, and the Philippines insurgency have to do with Isreal.

I'm not here to defend Israelis human rights records, so you can take that fight elsewhere.

More inaccuracies. The Muslim Brotherhood did not start out as a Jihadist organization and had all of 800 members after 8 years of existence. Most of them were scholars and academics, not guerillas. Moreover there were attacks by both sides leading up to the war in '48, and the Israeli settlers had plenty of blood on their hands as well.

And it's good that you are not here to defend Israel's atrocious war crimes because they are indefensible.

And for the record, so too is the radical Islamic jihad. I do not condone nor approve of their tactics or goals.

Isn't that like blaming foot soldiers for being in a war? I mean the police enforce (with too much authoritarian violence many times) the government's rules: unfair taxes on cigarettes, silly licensing rules, theft rules, behavioural rules, etc. And we know the guvmint has taken a decidedly hands-off approach to all the lawless looting over the past few months. It is hard to know what the police might think is right/wrong anymore.

No. Because cops routinely go off script and abuse their authority, engage in gratuitous violence, and lie about it on legal documents and under oath. Cops keep being told by the right that their heavy handed extracurricular activities are justified because "those people" have it coming. I agree with chief Bratton that lapel cameras are the answer. It can't fix all of it, but it will make a hell of a dent.

And it's good that you are not here to defend Israel's atrocious war crimes because they are indefensible.

Oh geez, here we go again.
Israel's retaliation is defensible. Haven't heard much in the news about Israel committing war crimes lately, perhaps Hamas depleted their rocket supply used to randomly fire onto Israeli citizens and are in the process of reloading.

Last edited:
More inaccuracies. The Muslim Brotherhood did not start out as a Jihadist organization and had all of 800 members after 8 years of existence. Most of them were scholars and academics, not guerillas. Moreover there were attacks by both sides leading up to the war in '48, and the Israeli settlers had plenty of blood on their hands as well.

And for the record, so too is the radical Islamic jihad. I do not condone nor approve of their tactics or goals.
I cite the creation of the precursor to Al Qaeda, that espouses the same idealogy........and you just say the joos did it.

Yeah, right. I'm the inaccurate one.

Oh God here we go with the Israel-bashing. Lets be clear: if Palestinians put down their arms today, there will be peace in the west bank, pretty much immediately. If Israel lays down their arms?? They will be annihilated in an instant

No. Because cops routinely go off script and abuse their authority, engage in gratuitous violence, and lie about it on legal documents and under oath.

Police officers do indeed use excessive force ... but your statement that they do so "routinely" is just not accurate. The United States now has an astonishing number of policing agencies (for @#$& sake, EPA agents carry guns), and an estimated 1.1 million armed law enforcement officials.

The number of cases where law enforcement has used excessive force is low enough that it makes the news. Remember, this involves more than a million armed law enforcement personnel. For comparison, how often is a fistfight, or stabbing, involving private, citizens worthy of making the news?

This report documented that police use of "excessive force" is not "routine" - in point of fact, it is rare.

Hickman, M.J., 2006. Citizen complaints about police use of force: Organizational, administrative, and environmental correlates.

This report provided specific information about the nature of the complaints of excessive force, and how those interactions arose:

Among persons who had contact with police in 2008, an estimated 1.4% had force used or threatened against them during their most recent contact, which was not statistically different from the percentages in 2002 (1.5%) and 2005 (1.6%).

Of persons who had force used or threatened against them by police in 2008, an estimated 74% felt those actions were excessive.

Of those individuals who had force used or threatened against them in 2008, about half were pushed or grabbed by police. About 19% of persons who experienced the use or threat of force by the police reported being injured during the incident.

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=703

Breaking down the data, the self-reported incidence of excessive force, beyond "pushing or grabbing," works out to about 0.5% of all police interaction, even based on self-reports by the citizens being investigated or arrested. I work out that figure as follows

0.014 x 0.5 x 0.73 = 0.0051 or 0.51%

Given the nature of the work - police work involves interaction with angry, drunk, violent, etc. people - an incidence of 0.5% of self-reported claims of excessive force beyond "pushing or grabbing" is not "routine" or high or any other such adjective.

It is in fact very low.