• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chick-fill-A Turns their backs

Irondiesel58

Reaction score
If anyone cares and some should, Chick-fil-a has pulled their charity funding from Christain organizations and started funding ANTI-CHRISTAIN ORGANIZATIONS. This is all in an effort to raise profits and turn their backs on their own religious beliefs. This LGBW-XYZ Community anti religious group is now the recipient of Chick-fil-a's charity. The southern poverty law center which sounds like it cares for poor people but in reality is only a defence of LGBQ high and mighty ideas of the rights they think their entitled to above everyday Americans. How can a self proclaimed religious company fund actual ANTI-CHRISTAIN PHONEY GARBAGE LIKE THIS ON. WITHOUT EVEN getting into their religious stance that what that communities sexual preference goes against their religion these same people attack and have ZERO tolerance towards anyone who quietly practices their religious beliefs. There's now a giant move vowing to not only stop going to chick-fil-a but to never go there again. The last company who pulled this type of screw you business plan was circuit city and that was the end of that. Over 5 million have signed on and sent tweets, emails or hand written letters to chick-fil-a asking them to rethink this move. Another corporation bending to the will of a few in spite of the wishes of many. Where are in a backwards world. The DNC disease is spreading.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Steeler Nation mobile app

Well I tried to move it out of football only but either I don't know how or we can't move or delete a post.
If anyone cares and some should, Chick-fil-a has pulled their charity funding from Christain organizations and started funding ANTI-CHRISTAIN ORGANIZATIONS. This is all in an effort to raise profits and turn their backs on their own religious beliefs. This LGBW-XYZ Community anti religious group is now the recipient of Chick-fil-a's charity. The southern poverty law center which sounds like it cares for poor people but in reality is only a defence of LGBQ high and mighty ideas of the rights they think their entitled to above everyday Americans. How can a self proclaimed religious company fund actual ANTI-CHRISTAIN PHONEY GARBAGE LIKE THIS ON. WITHOUT EVEN getting into their religious stance that what that communities sexual preference goes against their religion these same people attack and have ZERO tolerance towards anyone who quietly practices their religious beliefs. There's now a giant move vowing to not only stop going to chick-fil-a but to never go there again. The last company who pulled this type of screw you business plan was circuit city and that was the end of that. Over 5 million have signed on and sent tweets, emails or hand written letters to chick-fil-a asking them to rethink this move. Another corporation bending to the will of a few in spite of the wishes of many. Where are in a backwards world. The DNC disease is spreading.

honestly, i've never cared one way or another what Chik-Fil-A's organizational beliefs were, or are. I just love them chicken sammiches, waffle fries and shakes...and I'ma continue lovin' them

honestly, i've never cared one way or another what Chik-Fil-A's organizational beliefs were, or are. I just love them chicken sammiches, waffle fries and shakes...and I'ma continue lovin' them

Yeah I couldn't really care less what the founders of a company do politically as long as they aren't publicly belittling the people they disagree with. Then they deserve to lose money for being stupid.

Fk em. Plenty of other places to get ****** fast food.

If anyone cares and some should, Chick-fil-a has pulled their charity funding from Christain organizations and started funding ANTI-CHRISTAIN ORGANIZATIONS. This is all in an effort to raise profits and turn their backs on their own religious beliefs.

If that was the case, don’t you suppose the first thing they would do is STAY OPEN ON SUNDAYS???

Meh, big nothing, just a business trying to remain profitable.
Turn on the TV for 10 minutes and you'll likely see a commercial appealing to the sexually confused.

I don't think it is a big deal. I never really ate there much anyway. A couple times. It is just ok. Not sure why people line up around the block for it. It's their money. They can spend it how they want. If it affects their business negatively, c'est la vie.

Smh “Nope”

You do realize there are countless ways a company can pursue increasing profits? That not all companies choose to or are able to or see fit to pursue each? That strategy, philanthropy, market conditions and pressures, internal policies, innovation and beliefs all affect?

They made a choice.

Do tell why you believe they made said choice.

You do realize there are countless ways a company can pursue increasing profits? That not all companies choose to or are able to or see fit to pursue each? That strategy, philanthropy, market conditions and pressures, internal policies, innovation and beliefs all affect?

They made a choice.

Do tell why you believe they made said choice.

The choice certainly was not to turn their backs on their religious beliefs. Opening on Sundays would increase their sales 15% or more. It should be obvious that no other choice would increase profits as much as that one.

The choice certainly was not to turn their backs on their religious beliefs. Opening on Sundays would increase their sales 15% or more. It should be obvious that no other choice would increase profits as much as that one.

Amazing what you "know" when you don't know ****.

This is your opinion. Nothing more. Then again, your side lives on opinions and not facts. Evidenced here.

Amazing what you "know" when you don't know ****.

This is your opinion. Nothing more. Then again, your side lives on opinions and not facts. Evidenced here.

Oh, you mean like “Nope” as a “fact”? I know that Sunday is one of the busiest days of the week for restaurants. Show some “facts” that it isn’t.

Oh, you mean like “Nope” as a “fact”? I know that Sunday is one of the busiest days of the week for restaurants. Show some “facts” that it isn’t.

Sunday is far and away the slowest day for restaurants. Followed by Monday.

Maybe in East Buttfuck, Indiana. Any commercialized urban or suburban area sees a Sunday brunch/lunch rush and dinner rush. Many restaurants list Mothers Day as their busiest single day of the year.

Last edited:
Yeah, Sunday is pretty busy for restaurants, even here in podunk Northern NY. Really busy in the Raleigh, NC area too.

Sunday's are very busy the church crowd flocks to restaurants.

There ain't no Chicken-filetts around here that I know of. Heard tell there was a couple over in Gainesville ( 25mi ) but I ain't never seen one.

They any good ?

Are they as good or gooder than these folks ?

196762_10151207283283487_1662327946_n.jpg

Let's break this down simply for you. Originally, you asked a question to those in the thread...to which I offered my answer which was my opinion on the matter - "nope." Your question said "don't you suppose..." in it: "If that was the case, don’t you suppose the first thing they would do is STAY OPEN ON SUNDAYS???"

Suppose definition: "assume that something is the case on the basis of evidence or probability but without proof or certain knowledge."

When you say "Don't you suppose..." you are likewise saying "Don't you assume [on the basis of evidence or probability but without prooof] that X is the case." You are asking for someone's best guess and opinion. What do they "think" is what you are asking, knowing they don't have the proof or knowledge to provide a factual answer. Thus my answer, as stated, is an opinion only. It's not purported to be a fact.

Now fast forward to your statement:

"The choice certainly was not to turn their backs on their religious beliefs. "

Certainly definition: undoubtedly; definitely; surely.

By using the word certainly, you are "claiming it to be" as a fact. "The choice undoubtedly/definitely/surely was not to turn their backs on their religious beliefs."

My answer was an opinion, yours was intended to be a statement of fact. I'll repeat, your side can't discern between opinions and facts, as evidenced here. Keep walking it back.

Maybe in East Buttfuck, Indiana. Any commercialized urban or suburban area sees a Sunday brunch/lunch rush and dinner rush. Many restaurants list Mothers Day as their busiest single day of the year.

Yeah, Sunday is pretty busy for restaurants, even here in podunk Northern NY. Really busy in the Raleigh, NC area too.

There is no answer to this question. It literally depends. It depends on where you are geographically. It depends on the season, the day of the year, etc. if there is a holiday or a major sporting event, rural or urban, west coast or east coast. Quite literally, there is no answer.

Some studies show Sunday is across the board the slowest day of the week for all restaurants on average. Despite Mothers Day being the busiest day of the year for all restaurants.

Other studies and reports from other restaurant owners say that the slowest restaurant days are Mondays and Tuesdays.

Some studies show Sunday is the third most popular day of the week to eat out.

It really just depends.

Let's break this down simply for you. Originally, you asked a question to those in the thread...to which I offered my answer which was my opinion on the matter - "nope." Your question said "don't you suppose..." in it: "If that was the case, don’t you suppose the first thing they would do is STAY OPEN ON SUNDAYS???"

Suppose definition: "assume that something is the case on the basis of evidence or probability but without proof or certain knowledge."

When you say "Don't you suppose..." you are likewise saying "Don't you assume [on the basis of evidence or probability but without prooof] that X is the case." You are asking for someone's best guess and opinion. What do they "think" is what you are asking, knowing they don't have the proof or knowledge to provide a factual answer. Thus my answer, as stated, is an opinion only. It's not purported to be a fact.

Now fast forward to your statement:

"The choice certainly was not to turn their backs on their religious beliefs. "

Certainly definition: undoubtedly; definitely; surely.

By using the word certainly, you are "claiming it to be" as a fact. "The choice undoubtedly/definitely/surely was not to turn their backs on their religious beliefs."

My answer was an opinion, yours was intended to be a statement of fact. I'll repeat, your side can't discern between opinions and facts, as evidenced here. Keep walking it back.

It’s a fact that Chik-fil-A closes on Sunday and they site religious beliefs as the reason for doing so. It’s a logical conclusion (certainty) that they maintain those beliefs. You cannot begin to explain why they would choose to remain closed on Sundays after supposedly abandoning said religious beliefs. Keep walking it back.

It’s a fact that Chik-fil-A closes on Sunday and they site religious beliefs as the reason for doing so. It’s a logical conclusion (certainty) that they maintain those beliefs. You cannot begin to explain why they would choose to remain closed on Sundays after supposedly abandoning said religious beliefs. Keep walking it back.

Site? SITE? It's CITE Flogged. Jesus.

And now you're changing the argument away from facts v opinions LMAO back to you twisting people's words. I used one word. Nope.

You have this habit of twisting people's words. I used one, intentionally. Go back and do your homework and interpret how many ways "nope" could be interpreted in that context. I can think of a half dozen or more. But you....you know what I was thinking. You don't lol.

I never said they abandoned their religious beliefs by saying nope.

Before you reply, can you let me know if we are arguing facts v opinions, busiest days of the weeks for restaurants, or the interpretation of the word "nope" as an answer to your question seeking an opinion?