• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chris Rock proves there is such a thing as black privilege with his latest "joke"

And this is the problem with your Libtard analysis. It's based on the "perception" that black people are unjustly shot by police. The facts show otherwise. More white people, by a higher % of interactions with the police, are shot by police. It's a statistical fact that if you are white you are more likely to die in a confrontation with police than if you are black. It's just that African Americans commit so many more crimes they have more interactions with the police and these result in death at times.

Now that being said, the entire premise of your argument is based on a faulty "perception."

Analysis? No, it’s a very simple observation. Perception is reality when telling jokes. Maybe there exists several videos of white kids being unjustly shot by cops, but nobody is familiar with them. People are familiar with white kids being shot in school shootings and nobody is joking about that. I’m certain that your not touching that “analysis” was no coincidence.

I have a great joke.

"I read a CDC report the other day that said while black women make up only six percent of the U.S. population, they account for 35 percent of abortions reported. White people comprise 77 percent of the population, and white mothers account for 37 percent of abortions. Hispanics make up 17.6 percent of the population and account for 19 percent of abortions. These white women need to start killing a lot more of their babies. They are not pulling their own weight!"

How much do you think Rock would pay for that hilarious joke?

You haven't seen Daniel Tosh's standup? He rips everyone, is white, and gets away with it. One of my favorites!

I've liked quite a bit of Tosh, but some of it makes me feel like **** for laughing. I can only take him in small doses.

Analysis? No, it’s a very simple observation. Perception is reality when telling jokes. Maybe there exists several videos of white kids being unjustly shot by cops, but nobody is familiar with them. People are familiar with white kids being shot in school shootings and nobody is joking about that. I’m certain that your not touching that “analysis” was no coincidence.
really?

Let me repeat, since you keep deflecting.

We live in a day and age of heightened sensitivity to race. In a day full of misconceptions of violence that are directed based upon race. We as a society are working to fix race relations.

You cannot fix race relations by being one sided. You cannot fix perceived racial inequalities towards one race by ramping up racism to another race.

This is how violence escalates. One gang shoots another gang's member, the gang retaliates. And it becomes circular.

You cannot fix race relations by being sensitive to one racial community's plight while encouraging racist behavior be directed towards the former. That will only lead to retaliatory responses. If we are going to be sensitive to racism, we have to be sensitive to all racism. We cannot tolerate racist jokes towards whites while prohibiting racist jokes towards blacks. We cannot tolerate racist treatment of whites while prohibiting racist treatment towards Hispanics. In order to fix the problems, we have to treat everyone with common decency and respect.

Chris Rock is being allowed to "walk" for his racist jokes. And it is a fact, if a white person had made these jokes about African Americans, they would be Kathy Griffin'd.

If you condone this double standard, then you have no interest in fixing these issues of inequality.

We live in a day and age of heightened sensitivity to race. In a day full of misconceptions of violence that are directed based upon race. We as a society are working to fix race relations.

You cannot fix race relations by being one sided. You cannot fix perceived racial inequalities towards one race by ramping up racism to another race.

I grew up in a fairly integrated town and had a lot of black friends. Still do. However thanks to Facebook, I can now see what many of them really think of white people. Not sure if they always did or if it's more recent feelings ginned up by the Left and, certainly, some unjustified shootings of blacks by police.

I grew up sneaking to watch Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy. While also watching All in the Family, Good Times, and Sanford and Son.
Those all showed me that people, despite skin color, are ****** up equally. No one is better than any other.

except ogres.
they're marginally more acceptable than the average leftie

Still my argument was never about late night or TV, it is about the art form known as Stand up comedy.

Understand, but don't you think stand up comedy acts heavily lean toward ridiculing the right?

After all,. Democrats dominate in stupidity...they offer way more material for stand ups than does the right.

You had comics who lied about what Sarah Palin said just so they could ridicule a Republican...when there were things said by libtards such as ".islands float", "where on Mars did the astronauts plant the American flag?"...stupid **** uttered by Joe Biden, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi....democRATS so rich in buffoonery!
Sarah Palin never said that she could see Alaska from her house.

Most stand-ups are lefties...they mimic the left wing media, looking for anything to belittle the right in their routine, even lie.
Libtard stand- ups attempt to pass off conjecture and hearsay as truth. They lie . Why lie when you have DemocRATS? Because they themselves are democRATS.

Jay Leno was the only one who played fair.

Last edited:
After all,. Democrats dominate in stupidity...they offer way more material for stand ups than does the right.

Sometime ya just hafta dig a little deeper to see the real comedy.....ya know Stew

AGOSCUp.jpg
BrvLtOY.jpg
S52b2xQ.jpg

Let me repeat, since you keep deflecting.

This is how violence escalates. One gang shoots another gang's member, the gang retaliates. And it becomes circular.

You cannot fix race relations by being sensitive to one racial community's plight while encouraging racist behavior be directed towards the former. That will only lead to retaliatory responses. If we are going to be sensitive to racism, we have to be sensitive to all racism. We cannot tolerate racist jokes towards whites while prohibiting racist jokes towards blacks. We cannot tolerate racist treatment of whites while prohibiting racist treatment towards Hispanics. In order to fix the problems, we have to treat everyone with common decency and respect.

Chris Rock is being allowed to "walk" for his racist jokes. And it is a fact, if a white person had made these jokes about African Americans, they would be Kathy Griffin'd.

If you condone this double standard, then you have no interest in fixing these issues of inequality.

Condone a double standard? No, but much of this board probably does.

Rock’s joke is the photo negative of Confederate monuments. Arguably offensive but not really hurting anyone until people decide to be offended and become self-made victims. PC nonsense.

I’m not going to go back and check, but I bet most of the people taking offense to Rock’s joke rolled their eyes at people protesting Confederate monuments.

Condone a double standard? No, but much of this board probably does.

Rock’s joke is the photo negative of Confederate monuments. Arguably offensive but not really hurting anyone until people decide to be offended and become self-made victims. PC nonsense.

I’m not going to go back and check, but I bet most of the people taking offense to Rock’s joke rolled their eyes at people protesting Confederate monuments.

You notice Confederate monuments were taken down and Chris Rock still has a microphone?

When African Americans and the Liberal media decided everything Confederate was racist, monuments came down. Action was taken. Chris Rock can make that joke every night of the week in front of a microphone. And....nothing....will....happen. Terrible comparison.

I'll repeat a fourth time. Fact: A white comedian makes that joke about shooting black kids....he/she is Kathy Griffin'd.

You are indeed supporting a double standard..."It's ok for Rock to joke about cops shooting white kids. It's not ok for a white comedian to do so."

If you don't support the double standard, then you could easily type "CHRIS ROCK WAS WRONG AND THAT JOKE WAS OUT OF LINE."

Last edited:
Understand, but don't you think stand up comedy acts heavily lean toward ridiculing the right?

You had comics who lied about what Sarah Palin said just so they could ridicule a Republican...when there were things said by libtards such as ".islands float", "where on Mars did the astronauts plant the American flag?"...stupid **** uttered by Joe Biden, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi....democRATS so rich in buffoonery!
Sarah Palin never said that she could see Alaska from her house.

Most stand-ups are lefties...they mimic the left wing media, looking for anything to belittle the right in their routine, even lie.
Libtard stand- ups attempt to pass off conjecture and hearsay as truth. They lie . Why lie when you have DemocRATS? Because they themselves are democRATS.

Jay Leno was the only one who played fair.

It depends. There are large swaths of stand ups that don't even touch politics. I also remember all comics ripping on Clinton during the Lewinski crap. I don't take sides in comedy. If it's funny, I'll laugh. If it's humor wrapped in irony, I laugh harder.

I don't know about you guys, but I live in a more racial America. Obummer increased the racial divide.

Fixed that one for ya.

It depends. There are large swaths of stand ups that don't even touch politics. I also remember all comics ripping on Clinton during the Lewinski crap. I don't take sides in comedy. If it's funny, I'll laugh. If it's humor wrapped in irony, I laugh harder.

Laughing about Bill Clinton getting head under the desk in the Oval office from a butt-ugly girl is comedy material. Anthony Weiner jokes are funny.

Joking and encouraging cops to take human life isn't. I don't care what container you put that in or what lipstick you put on that pig. It's wrong. It's just like Kathy Griffin holding a severed Trump head. "Hey, it was all a joke. I didn't mean it." It's a crossed line, period.

Laughing about Bill Clinton getting head under the desk in the Oval office from a butt-ugly girl is comedy material. Anthony Weiner jokes are funny.

Joking and encouraging cops to take human life isn't. I don't care what container you put that in or what lipstick you put on that pig. It's wrong. It's just like Kathy Griffin holding a severed Trump head. "Hey, it was all a joke. I didn't mean it." It's a crossed line, period.

Once again. If you didn't watch the stand up, you are no better than Coach commenting on games he doesn't watch. I have no time for ignorance, and this opinion is ignorant.

What Kathy Griffin did wan't in a stand up routine. It was her making a statement in a photo op, and she was rightfully attacked for that statement.

The problem with living your entire life on the left or the right, means there is no room in your minds for the other sides. That is why this country doesn't work. It's not because of the other side, it's because both sides can't work together.

Anthony Weiner jokes are funny.

Joking and encouraging cops to take human life isn't.

So sending sexual explicit pics to a minor if fair game, cops shouting white kids is out of bounds? WTF?

BTW, “Joking and encouraging” is oxymoronic.

Once again. If you didn't watch the stand up, you are no better than Coach commenting on games he doesn't watch. I have no time for ignorance, and this opinion is ignorant.

I did go and watch the routine. It didn't change my perception a bit. But keep arguing context. He was out of line. Repeated for the 5th time, if a white comedian had made this joke about black kids, he'd lose his job, endorsements, being ridiculed, and run out of town.

And don't call me ignorant Cope.

So sending sexual explicit pics to a minor if fair game, cops shouting white kids is out of bounds? WTF?

Could you possibly translate that for us? WTF?

"Cops shouting white kids"?

Not even sure how to interpret that.

Yep, Weiner jokes are fair game because there's plenty of material you can go with without stepping out of bounds.

Chris Rock didn't suggest "Cops shout white kids" or whatever the **** that means. Did you mean shoot? Toss back another gin brah.

I want to live in a world where an equal amount of white kids are shot every month. I wanna see white mothers on TV, crying, standing next to [civil rights activist] Al Sharpton, talkin' about, 'We need justice for Chad.'"

He is advocating for the murder of white kids. He says he wants to see white kids shot and their mothers crying. Joking or not, those are the mans words.

No white comedian gets away that. Again, you can argue until you're blue in the face.

This black nurse lost her job for "suggesting on Twitter that the sons of white women “be sacrificed to the wolves,” hospital officials said." Fired for it. https://nypost.com/2017/11/27/nurse...suggesting-sons-of-white-women-be-sacrificed/

Not really different than Chris Rock's joke. 'Cept he's from Hollywood, and well...he's not held to the same standard.

I did go and watch the routine. It didn't change my perception a bit. But keep arguing context. He was out of line. Repeated for the 5th time, if a white comedian had made this joke about black kids, he'd lose his job, endorsements, being ridiculed, and run out of town.

And don't call me ignorant Cope.

Ignorant is a temporary term for someone that didn't watch the source material. As soon as you watch it, you stop being ignorant.

The double standard doesn't hold in standup. Most people aren't looking to their standup comedians for political policy or racial equality. Plenty of shock comics like Jackie Martling, make a living at ripping other races. He still has a job. It's because normal people don't take stand up comics seriously.

And since you watched the source material, you now understand that the words weren't the joke, it was the absurdity of the statement that made it funny. Plenty of interesting points in that routine, so you understand what he's going through with his sex addictions, and know what the term Tambourine means in Rock's context. Pretty rare to open yourself up as a comic to really personal, things, that aren't funny, on stage, just to work through them. Chappel did the same thing when he left TV in his routines.

Ignorant is a temporary term for someone that didn't watch the source material. As soon as you watch it, you stop being ignorant.

The double standard doesn't hold in standup.

Luckily, you only speak for you.

Most people aren't looking to their standup comedians for political policy or racial equality.

I guess this is where I get to say this opinion is ignorant. I present to you Colbert, Bill Maher, Jimmy Fallon and a dozen others who use their stand up monologues, or their humor as means to drive a political message.

These people have many millions of daily followers.

Plenty of shock comics like Jackie Martling, make a living at ripping other races.

You're confusing the subject. The subject isn't about making overall racial jokes. The subject is a racist one about a comic "encouraging" cops shoot more white kids and make white mothers cry. Clearly, you can see the difference between a watermelon or honky racial joke and this?

And since you watched the source material, you now understand that the words weren't the joke, it was the absurdity of the statement that made it funny.

No, I stand by my original take.

Your argument is like the kneeling during the anthem argument African Americans make. They say "we aren't kneeling to disrespect the flag or the military, so you can't take it that way. We are kneeling in protest of social injustice." What they "intend to communicate" when they kneel is irrelevant. What matters is HOW IT IS PERCEIVED. Military members are offended when players kneel. I am offended. Patriots are offended. That IS the reality

You can't call me "white *** cracker" and tell me that it is meant affectionately. If I take it as an insult, then I am in fact insulted no matter what you say.

How I and millions take his routine is what matters. What we hear and how we perceive it is what matters. You can't tell anyone how to take it. Kathy Griffin can't say "see this severed head. It is funny. Now find it funny damnit, because that is how I intended it." And like wise, you or Chris Rock can't tell me and millions of others how to take his routine. I heard something incredibly insensitive and unacceptable in a day and age where we are trying to fix race relations and change issues in the realm of perceived police violence.

This part of Rock's routine crossed the line in the present day environment Cope.

But please, keep arguing.

Last edited:
No you are changing the argument and still don't understand the difference between a stand up comic and a late night talk show host. It's the same as not understanding the difference between a thoroughbred racehorse and a quarter horse. I can lead you to water, but you still refuse to drink.

I also don't think you know what the term tambourine means, because I don't think you watched the entire source material.

It's tough to be ignorant when you are well educated on the topics in question. Try and stay on topic.