• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coaching Change Thread

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Atlanta kicks it off by firing head coach Arthur Smith. His dad founded FedEx so he's not hurting for money.

Smith actually did a good job there. He built up the core of a good team. They just don't have a QB.

I'm sure there will be more heads rolling this week.

If you don't have a QB in this league you're never going to win. See Belichick, Bill. The key mistake he made was hitching his wagon to Desmond Ritter.

Final straw was getting film crew caught in Cincinnati.

Salute the nation

Any of those teams would do better if they traded a couple first round picks for The Coach Who’s Never Had A Losing Season.

This would be the year to
Trade Tomlin when I think his value is very high.
Teams like Washington, Chicago, Atlanta, LA Chargers could be attractive to Tomlin. The draft capital would be attractive to the Steelers too but of course it won’t happen since the greatest coach ever will get an extension.

Teams like Washington, Chicago, Atlanta, LA Chargers could be attractive to Tomlin. The draft capital would be attractive to the Steelers too but of course it won’t happen since the greatest coach ever will get an extension.
I think he'd go to the Chargers in a heartbeat - the most difficult problem there is already solved and the stuff that he's good at is what they need. I doubt Chicago change coach.

Coach for life!

I love the idea of a Sean Payton type trade. Coach Tomlin HAS NEVER had a losing season. How satisying is that?! 8-8, 9-7? Oh hell yeah.
Khan would not take less than a Ricky Williams Saints trade for a guy who wins more than he looses.
I don't feel like the we as Steeler fans understand what a luxury it is to be just a little bit better than a loser.
Get it done!