• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coaching Change Thread

HCMT is from the VA/DC area and his wife loves LA, so the options are there for him. He can pick his destination for a new start. He can help out his current team in the process. Win win!

"Ve do not hire from ze outside! NEIN! NEIN! NEIN! Idiotisch!
Until now. It can’t possibly have escaped management’s attention that Shades’ best coordinators were the ones he didn’t hire.
Left to his own devices, the whole staff would Matt Canadas. Everyone’s a buddy, everyone is someone he knows, qualifications be damned.

There is no way in hell Tomlin is going to be traded...Just forget it... Tomlin is going to decide when he's had enough and is ready to retire and sit on a beach/move to the broadcast booth (and replace Cowher) or move on.

Until now. It can’t possibly have escaped management’s attention that Shades’ best coordinators were the ones he didn’t hire.
Left to his own devices, the whole staff would Matt Canadas. Everyone’s a buddy, everyone is someone he knows, qualifications be damned.
It's all heresy on my part, but it feels like after Haley didn't pan out good ol MT told people "I told you so" and "let me do MT ****" and it's been the buddy farm ever since. Now that Art Deuce stepped in and fired Mike's little bald buddy, perhaps some control has been regained in the front office and we may see some change this off season? Although, The offiense seems to be doing pretty damn well at the moment, so do you make the change or leave things as they are if they're working?

It's all heresy on my part, but it feels like after Haley didn't pan out good ol MT told people "I told you so" and "let me do MT ****" and it's been the buddy farm ever since. Now that Art Deuce stepped in and fired Mike's little bald buddy, perhaps some control has been regained in the front office and we may see some change this off season? Although, The offiense seems to be doing pretty damn well at the moment, so do you make the change or leave things as they are if they're working?
Possibly, but they haven’t come close to Haley’s average yards and average points since. It was just that the QB didn’t like him because he didn’t want to throw long all the time.
Shades will want to keep Faulkner as OC but I hope the FO hires someone else. I don’t think Faulkner is bad, heck, he’s the only coach on offense I’d keep but as RB coach.

There is no way in hell Tomlin is going to be traded...Just forget it... Tomlin is going to decide when he's had enough and is ready to retire and sit on a beach/move to the broadcast booth (and replace Cowher) or move on.

SBWHCMT, the greatest coach ever, will remain until he surpasses Emperor Chaz in wins. So basically, another 10 years or so.

Titans just fired Vrabel. Surprised a bit. He had no QB to work with.

If BB and Pats part ways, have to think Pats job will be between Bill O’Brien, Vrabel, and maybe Brian Flores.

O’Brien would make a good OC for the Steelers if he doesn’t get the Pats job.

Who's open so far? I think this is everyone.

Panthers
Raiders
Chargers
Falcons
Commanders

Wash will likely get bullied into promoting Bienemy.

Chargers is the best job by a mile. They have a franchise QB and a franchise DE and franchise LT. That’s the 3 most important building blocks of a great team.

Titans just fired Vrabel. Surprised a bit. He had no QB to work with.

If BB and Pats part ways, have to think Pats job will be between Bill O’Brien, Vrabel, and maybe Brian Flores.

O’Brien would make a good OC for the Steelers if he doesn’t get the Pats job.
Why not bring Vrabel back to the Steelers?