• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coaching Change Thread

There’s a lot riding on this game Sunday.

A win with a decent offensive day gets Tomlin his long term extension, Faulkner in as OC, and Rudolph paid VERY well somewhere, a Trubisky type deal at least

No issue with Rudolph getting paid, I have issues with the other two things….still cheering for a win

Titans just fired Vrabel. Surprised a bit. He had no QB to work with.

If BB and Pats part ways, have to think Pats job will be between Bill O’Brien, Vrabel, and maybe Brian Flores.

O’Brien would make a good OC for the Steelers if he doesn’t get the Pats job.
Brian Flores would look good patrolling the sidelines in the B&G. That is if MT is traded or steps away. 'Cause if neither of those things happen, MT is getting an extension.

Kraft has very deep pockets and Vrabel understands the culture (cheating) of the organization, he would be a huge fan hit in New England.
Agreed. If Bill is gone it's gonna me Mike. Unfortunately wrong Mike. I'd love Vrabel coaching Steelers, but he is a defensive guy and I'd prefer play caller.

[
I expected the **** to move on from Vrable for their inevitable rebuild. I thought when they tried one last hurrah with Tannehill and Henry, he was pretty doomed if they had a bad season

I still think Billy is going to break with the Pats...

Panthers - This is a terrible job. The owner is probably already one of the worst in pro sports. The roster isn't good and Bryce Young is undersized and was one of the worst QBs in the league last season. The only plus is Tepper has basically unlimited funds to pay a coach.

Raiders - This is an okay job. There is some talent in place but they need to build depth. The lack of a QB is huge. It feels like 9 wins is the max this team can do next season.

Chargers - The Chargers are a loser franchise. Sure they make the playoffs, but this team finds ways to lose, never ways to win. The huge plus is Justin Herbert and that probably makes this one of the most attractive jobs.

Falcons - The Flacons have some really good players and a trio of young playmakers on the offense. The problem is they have absolutely nothing at QB. They are in borderline position to get the best of the rest QBs in the draft. Maybe make a move to get Jayden Daniels?

Commanders - New owner, which will be a breath of fresh air for a coach. There isn't a lot of upside talent on the team, but it's also a team with a proud tradition and the new owner should embrace the historic success of the team and treat it as such. They want a winner in Washington and will be able to get a QB at No. 2.

Titans - Another team starved of talent and will be without franchise RB Derrick Henry. Will Levis is there, eh, we'll see. I think Vrabel was a good coach and a bit surprised they moved on, but I would guess they had a different vision of the team. Not a great job, but I think a team that could be built in a few years.

I think he'd go to the Chargers in a heartbeat - the most difficult problem there is already solved and the stuff that he's good at is what they need. I doubt Chicago change coach.
MT's wife reportedly loves LA.

Shades for Justin Herbert, straight up. They can start fresh with a new franchise quarterback with the fifth overall pick.

A man can dream.

Do you know who I suspect may walk away pretty soon? Pete Carrol... I think he is going to be 73 soon. He has nothing left to prove, and there were some rumors he denied recently... but the team is stagnating. The past 3 years they have finished 7-10, 9-8, and 9-8...

He is under contract in 2024 but 2025 is basically a void year... there is a good chance they have to cut Geno Smith this offseason, and the team may want him to part ways with several of his longtime assistants...

He denied persistent rumors he was thinking about retirement, but once tge offseason meetings with the FO happen, everything can change...

It would not surprise me if he leaves in the next couple of weeks

MT's wife reportedly loves LA.

Shades for Justin Herbert, straight up. They can start fresh with a new franchise quarterback with the fifth overall pick.

A man can dream.
Justin Hertbert....I'd take Larry Dallas' from Three's Company neckerchief. Oh wait the Chargers moved from San Diego.

If Shades were a "free agent" and picking his team ... I think he is always going to go with the best QB. Tomlin needs a QB in place. So, it would be the Chargers.

Brian Flores would look good patrolling the sidelines in the B&G. That is if MT is traded or steps away. 'Cause if neither of those things happen, MT is getting an extension.

I would like Flores as well, BUT, we would have to get a TOP tier OC and everything offensively coaching.

Salute the nation

Speak English damnit!

Enough of Caucasian crap!
sddefault.jpg

Billy Milano says hello