• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coach's 2017 predictions!

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
2017 predictions!

I'll make a few.

Financial: The Dow will soar past 21,000, and the labor rate at a low point, meaning more people will be working.

Interest rates due to a stronger economy will go up .25 to .5 %

Jobs will moving back here from foreign lands...happening already.

401K's will BOOM and business with tax cuts will increase hiring and dividends. The Trump effect.

Archeology/Region: A great find similar to the copper scrolls will happen. With satellite imagery, it's easy to predict where something ancient might be. The pope will make changes paving the way for women and Gays in the Church, at least on the lower levels.

Space: The 9th planet will be not be found in 2017. But it will be found. I think also think something will be discovered or disclosed soon. NASA has a tight lip, but with the rise of independent space vehicles, the wool won't be pulled over the public’s eye as easily. We might see something that NASA didn't tell us about the Moon or an Asteroid. Possible a confirmed UFO, which means unidentified, not necessarily aliens. This is my long shot prediction.

Cyber Attacks.
They have been in the news lately. And they will get bigger. If an Electro Magnetic Pulse attack happens, it could cause a lot of damage.

Terrorism: Isis and groups will be less open, thanks to Trump and the Russians fighting back.

Medical. The continued development of Nanotechnology combined with the human genome map becoming more defined will have significant breakthroughs in genetics, and health. Ethics will be a huge problem.

Science – Green Energy will continue to make strides and offer a quicker ROI.

Religion – The pope will make more liberal changes paving the way for women and Gays in the Church, at least on the lower levels.

Movies – I see another good year for sci-fi and comic book movies.

Sports champions: Steeler, Penguins, Cubs, and Warriors. As long as the first name is right, I'll be very happy!

Military: The rise of drones for combat will increase. And hypersonic weapons will rise.

Politics. Trump rules. The wall will be built, and so will the USA.

Last edited:
Some predict that a substantial EMP attack on the US can lead to a 90% loss of life within a year. It would destroy every microprocessor , and disrupt all utilities, power grids, communication systems and food distribution systems. And our government has not taken the proper steps to protect us.

Some predict that a substantial EMP attack on the US can lead to a 90% loss of life within a year. It would destroy every microprocessor , and disrupt all utilities, power grids, communication systems and food distribution systems. And our government has not taken the proper steps to protect us.

Yes I know all about it. I'm actually in the Cyber Security and CDN field. There are actually 100,000's of Microprocessors and who knows how many old analog lines for telecom in safe areas just in case, but the power grids are older and not well defended.