• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coates Steelers KR, AB and Eli Rogers to return punts

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette 4m4 minutes ago
Sammie Coates listed as Steelers KR. And AB and Eli Rogers listed to return punts

I was hoping AB would be off completely. Hopefully Eli does well enough to make this come about.

I was hoping AB would be off completely. Hopefully Eli does well enough to make this come about.

When the Steelers need a big play, Brown will be out there. Until then, it will be Rogers (unless he starts fumbling).

AB should never have to return another punt - he is 99% of our passing offense! - throw the expendables out there!

I want AB on the field for each and every pin kick inside of the 20. I never want to muff a kick there, and fair catches are non contact PRs.

About right. I would like to see Gilbert out there with Coates. Coates ball security worries me a tad.

AB could be hurt on any given play. He isn't fragile and can do damage. That being said, let's keep him catching passes and NOT punts. Eli will capture our confidence as the season progresses. Two TD returns in one game could do that.....

Salute the nation

About right. I would like to see Gilbert out there with Coates. Coates ball security worries me a tad.

I can definitely get behind this, but I'd prefer Gilbert and Eli on KR. Ball security takes Coates off of KR IMHO, until he gets more confident with the ball in his hands.

Coates will be alright. Not too fond of AB on punt returns again

I say if AB wants to return punts, let him myself. He can get hurt just stretching to warm up. I don't know why everyone makes a big deal about him possibly getting hurt returning a kick.

If AB is the best option on punts and he wants to do it...he should be back there. You can not coach being worried about injuries, your playmakers have to have the ball as often as possible.

Exactly one kick return can change a game. He's a threat every time he touches the ball