• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

COLD WAR!! U.S. expels 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds

We have entirely too many threads discussing this same topic right now, but I'll post this here too, for the record.

Hmmm, maybe the report isn't fake news afterall, pissboys.

Christopher Steele, Ex-British Intelligence Officer, Said to Have Prepared Dossier on Trump

http://www.wsj.com/articles/christo...-to-have-prepared-dossier-on-trump-1484162553

Ex-spy behind Trump intelligence dossier identified: report

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...ex-spy-behind-trump-dossier-identified-report

A former British intelligence officer who prepared a dossier about President-elect Trump’s ties to Russia has been identified, according to a new report.
Christopher Steele created the controversial document about the Russian government’s alleged power over Trump, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

The dossier, which alleges links between Trump's campaign and the Russian government, as well as the existence of compromising Russian-owned material on Trump, created a stir Tuesday. CNN reported that the dossier's contents came up in an intelligence meeting with Trump, and BuzzFeed later published the unverified document — two reports Trump and his staff denounced in a press conference today.

Steele is now a director at a private security and investigations firm in London, according to the Journal.

Steele, 52, is one of two directors at Orbis Business Intelligence Ltd. The dossier's creator has been repeatedly described in reports as having a good reputation in intelligence circles.
Orbis was formed in 2009 by former British intelligence professionals, according to the firm’s website. The company mounts “intelligence-gathering operations” and conducts “complex, often cross-border investigations."

A source told the Journal that Steele created the dossier, which is a series of unsigned memos seemingly written between June and December 2016.

Steele also devised a plan for disseminating the document to U.S. and European law enforcement officials, they added, including the FBI.

Orbis’s other co-director is Christopher Burrows, 58, a former counselor in Britain’s Foreign and Commonwealth office.

Burrows told the publication he would not “confirm or deny” Orbis had a role in the report.

“We have no political ax to grind,” he said, adding that Orbis “sees what’s out there first” when conducting an investigation and then performs a “stress test” on its results.

CNN reported Tuesday, meanwhile, that top intelligence officials presented Trump with a two-page synopsis of the dossier last week.

The synopsis was reportedly attached as an appendix to the intelligence community’s report on alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential race.

The controversial dossier alleges the Russian government possesses compromising financial and personal information about Trump. It also claims that people close to Trump kept touch with Moscow during last year’s presidential campaign.

Josh Earnest at the daily briefing on June 14, 2016. White House

The White House on Wednesday said US President-elect Donald Trump and his transition team have refused to make public information that would put to rest questions about his and his family's possible financial entanglements in Russia.

"There's ample evidence that they could marshal, to make public to refute those claims, those accusations that they say are baseless. But they refuse to do so," spokesman Josh Earnest said at a news briefing. "That kind of secrecy only serves to sow public doubt."

Good point. Trump could make all this go away in an instant if he was more forthcoming. For some dubious reason, he refuses to do so.

My God. When you have MSNBC being the moral authority of the news media today, how far has the MSM fallen. And the next question....will they ever be able to earn their legitimacy back? Any appearance of journalistic integrity is destroyed. They have been exposed once again.

Exposed is right - only complete idiots believed this story

PRAVDA/CNN was outed as a lying sack of **** for Hillary - they haven't changed since they admitted they were campaigning for her.

4chan4_zpstxmbetai.png

Good point. Trump could make all this go away in an instant if he was more forthcoming. For some dubious reason, he refuses to do so.

kinda like ... Bomma and his birth certificate?

it is, isn't it?

it is, isn't it?

The difference being that Obama wasn't caught on tape just a few months before the birther rumors began saying something that might make people more inclined to believe he wasn't born in the US.

Like Bill Clinton, if Trump is upset that people would buy into such a salacious rumor, he himself is partly to blame.

or, the difference being that anything produced will be fake.

or, the difference being that anything produced will be fake.

If someone would have told you four months ago that Trump bragged about using his status to sexually assault women but couldn't verify it, would you have believed it?

I don't even like Trump and I wouldn't have believed it.

Trump knows if the latest rumor is true or not and others might as well, but an intelligence official has no idea and it is their job to inform Trump that it is out there and could potentially be used against him.

and it's been proven that this was a complete fabrication by someone as a joke.

we've been over what Trump said. did he grab your ***** too hard?

"had to explain and defend it" - who, me?
i couldn't have possibly cared any less.

Last edited:
You're just way off on this Tibs and can't see how wrong this is on so many levels. Left/Right politics has nothing to do with this. This is flat out McCarthyism at our highest levels of government abusing unsubstantiated, unvetted and highly suspect "intelligence" notes about our President Elect. And not only are they leaking the information to the press, it sounds like they have purposely started a rumor among our allies to not share information with the President Elect over greatly exaggerated and unsubstantiated innuendo.

It's backstabbing politics at almost an unprecedented and unseen level.

It's dangerous precedent at how "intelligence" reports can just be a gateway into saying anything about anyone in the press.

as Steeltime insinuated earlier, POP believed all the 9/11 conspiracies, too.

Rand Paul: Anyone Who Leaked Trump Intel Report to the Press Should Be Jailed

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) told host Neil Cavuto it was his view that if it were a U.S. intelligence agency that leaked an unsubstantiated dossier on President-elect Donald Trump and his relationship with Russia to the press, there should be repercussions, including prosecution and possible jail time.

“What I would say is that if there is private information that someone is blackmailing a public figure and the public figure or someone takes it to the intelligence agencies, you would think it would be private. And really, this is so important that I think whoever leaked it should be prosecuted. Someone should go to jail if this was an intelligence agency head talked to the media, they should go to jail. If it was the Obama administration, they should go to jail.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...-press-jailed/

The Buzzfeed thing is a lie. Try and keep up.

SMH. So who cares if Trump sexually assaulted women, just so long as the media doesn't report on unverified intel about him engaging in consensual perverted acts.

👌

The difference being that Obama wasn't caught on tape just a few months before the birther rumors began saying something that might make people more inclined to believe he wasn't born in the US.

Like Bill Clinton, if Trump is upset that people would buy into such a salacious rumor, he himself is partly to blame.
Bill Clinton stuck a cigar up an intern's vagina in the Oval Office. That piece of **** is not relevant to any Trump discussion except possibly as a counterpoint.

Bill Clinton stuck a cigar up an intern's vagina in the Oval Office. That piece of **** is not relevant to any Trump discussion except possibly as a counterpoint.

Fine, take Clinton out of the quote. What's your point?

SMH. So who cares if Trump sexually assaulted women, just so long as the media doesn't report on unverified intel about him engaging in consensual perverted acts.

👌
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand trump did NOT sexually assault women. what he said was words. words are much different than actions. i mean, you should know since the left so vehemently told us for 8 years that "KILL WHITEY" is not the same as actually "killing" whitey.

**** off with your faux outrage.

Fine, take Clinton out of the quote. What's your point?
My point is clear and conceded by you. Your simile is invalid. If I take it out, as you suggest, your second sentence is nonsensical. Most of your sentences are nonsensical, actually.

Last edited:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand trump did NOT sexually assault women. what he said was words. words are much different than actions. i mean, you should know since the left so vehemently told us for 8 years that "KILL WHITEY" is not the same as actually "killing" whitey.

**** off with your faux outrage.

Pffft...

The dossier Buzzfeed published was words....

which were as true and honest as your faux outrage.