• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Bowl Thread

For those who missed the greatness of the Pop Tarts bowl trophy presentation. They lowered the mascot into a toaster and out came a huge edible pop tart.

somebody in the pop tart marketing dept needs a raise.

The bloomin' onion mascot for the Outback Bowl and the mayo dump for the winning coach at the Duke's Mayo Bowl were both good marketing gimmicks. The Pop Tart Bowl took the crown with ease. Just brilliant marketing and had to have gotten more than what they paid for in the sponsorship deal. If you're sponsoring a minor bowl game, make it a great experience for the teams and fans, but also make it fun. They nailed the latter.

They waited until an hour before the game to announce that Harrison isn't playing. Bummer. Why wait this long to tell us? Gambling?
Also Tommy Eichenberg isn't playing. Damn good (college) middle linebacker.

No Marvin Harrison and a new starting QB but it appears the whole Ohio State defense is playing. This is one of the biggest games in Missouri history and a letdown for OSU. I have a feeling OSU defense will be too munch for Mizz.

It really was painful to watch. I guess Ohio St's backup got no practice reps at all in more than a month? All year? At least Day is calling the plays like he didn't.

Irish domination today in Sun Bowl!
Like the young QB Angeli but of course Leonard the portal transfer from Duke will be the man next season.

Very encourage by the youngsters that opened a can of whoop *** on the Beavers today!

Combine that with my West Virginia and under parlay that I hit big in Atlantic City Wednesday night!

Great start to steel Dino’s football weekend.

Here we Go Steelers!

Last edited:
It really was painful to watch. I guess Ohio St's backup got no practice reps at all in more than a month? All year? At least Day is calling the plays like he didn't.

this kid is 3rd string. They had to get the 2nd stringer ready because McCord transferred. The #2 probably got all the reps preparing for this game.

LOL at this announcing crew who started the telecast saying that the OSU defense was overrated because they just played weak Big 10 teams and hadn’t seen an offense like Missouri’s. Iowa looks like the greates show on turf compared to Missouri.

this kid is 3rd string. They had to get the 2nd stringer ready because McCord transferred. The #2 probably got all the reps preparing for this game.

LOL at this announcing crew who started the telecast saying that the OSU defense was overrated because they just played weak Big 10 teams and hadn’t seen an offense like Missouri’s. Iowa looks like the greates show on turf compared to Missouri.
Something off about this game?

Smells like rotten fish to me..

Missouri’s outstanfing QB Cook looks like a freshman making his first collegiate start..

Fishy I tell ya..

Marvin Harrison Jr. doesn't wanna play...don't agree, but I get it. However, he wouldn't be on the sidelines ... go watch from the stands. Jmo.

Buckeyes gonna lose. 3rd string qb, no Harrison, Mizzou running game starting to wear down OSU DL.

Harrison wouldn't even matter in this one. Egbuka has 1 target.

Ohio State should have just went wildcat as soon as that #2 QB went down. This #3 kid has no idea what he's doing.

Ugh ... this game reminds me of a Steelers game for most of the season. Offense isn't/can't do much in the passing game. Other team stacks the line to stop the run and dares us to pass. Defense wears down towards the end of the game because the Offense hasn't pulled their weight. Ugh(ly)!!

Penn State may have several players like Marvin Harrison, waiting for last second to announce they aren't playing. Right now DE Chop Robinson is the only official opt out. But there's a good chance their top 3 CBs all sit. If that happens, it will be tough to win.

I think the whole voluntarily not playing ****,then standing on the sideline is a dick move. If I'm a teammate, I'm in his ear saying thanks a lot *******. The same for the transfer porthole guys who could have played.

I think the whole voluntarily not playing ****,then standing on the sideline is a dick move. If I'm a teammate, I'm in his ear saying thanks a lot *******. The same for the transfer porthole guys who could have played.
Agreed. Marvin Harrison Jr is a product of today’s generation.

Ugh ... this game reminds me of a Steelers game for most of the season. Offense isn't/can't do much in the passing game. Other team stacks the line to stop the run and dares us to pass. Defense wears down towards the end of the game because the Offense hasn't pulled their weight. Ugh(ly)!!
Mizzou woke up in the 4th. Was a weird game

Eliah Drinkwitz looks like one of those actors who plays a substitute teacher in one of those Canadian teen tv series

great interview with UAB coach Trent Dilfer on the transfer portal. I'm sure Coach Prime is giving it this much thought.