• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Bowl Thread

Ohio State sure looked overrated the way they played. They should have played three days ago in a bowl outside not a fancy stadium. That eye test by the committee once more looks bad, a name brand with high stats when they played poor teams and mediocre Big Ten teams raised its ugly head once more in Buckeye country. Glorify a player opting out on the sidelines when in reality Harrison showed the ugly side of the me game in college football as he let down his fans, teammates, coaches and school. Before the hate I cared less who won the game. Reality of the portal and opting out in the game is bad for the sport. I doubt he would have opted out or their QB leaving if they played in the big four games. Hats off to Mizzou who was ignored before and after and during TV coverage.

Marvin Harrison Jr. doesn't wanna play...don't agree, but I get it. However, he wouldn't be on the sidelines ... go watch from the stands. Jmo.
No player who voluntarily doesn't play should be allowed to even fly with the team, much less sit on the sidelines and watch. You don't want to play, fine. Get your own way to the game and buy a ticket if you want to watch it in person.

Men always get stupid around redheads.

DE Chop Robinson, LT Olu Fashanu, and CB Johnny Dixon not playing at all. CB Kalen King, CB DaQuan Hardy, Both TEs, may be on limited snap counts just so they can say they played in the game.

If those DBs sit most of the game, it could be trouble for PSU. SO hard to predict any of these games when you don't know who's playing.

Ohio State sure looked overrated the way they played. They should have played three days ago in a bowl outside not a fancy stadium. That eye test by the committee once more looks bad, a name brand with high stats when they played poor teams and mediocre Big Ten teams raised its ugly head once more in Buckeye country. Glorify a player opting out on the sidelines when in reality Harrison showed the ugly side of the me game in college football as he let down his fans, teammates, coaches and school. Before the hate I cared less who won the game. Reality of the portal and opting out in the game is bad for the sport. I doubt he would have opted out or their QB leaving if they played in the big four games. Hats off to Mizzou who was ignored before and after and during TV coverage.

I think Mizz sucks. They were full strength and could only manage 14. They only scored those late TDs because the OSU defense wore down due to their offense behind their #3 QB could not do anything. I think OSU wins by 30 with their QB and Harrison. Actually, I think they would have won with their #2 QB if he didn't get injured.

Now appears CB1 Kalen King won't play so they are without top 2 CBs. Have to hope for the best from backups but this could be frustrating.

The main thing for a PSU fan is seeing the offense show some life. It has looked better since they fired their OC. New OC Andy Kotalnicki won't call plays but maybe he helped gameplan. Bowls are about setting up next season. Hopefully we see a functional passing game today.

For those who missed the greatness of the Pop Tarts bowl trophy presentation. They lowered the mascot into a toaster and out came a huge edible pop tart.

somebody in the pop tart marketing dept needs a raise.

A pop tart sounds pretty good

So frustrating to watch. It’s nothing but an exhibition now but has final ranking implications…how does that make sense? The NCAA needs to fix these open transfer dates to not impact bowl games. There also needs to be some rules if accepting NIL funding, it requires kids to play if taking dollars every game. Colleges provide full scholarships and you get big time blow money and you sit out a bowl game? Just terrible for the game. This doesn’t represent the real team watched all season by fans.

PSU missing some DBs and pressure up front....it shows. If Diaz were still around I think he'd make some adjustments. PSU "O" typically starts slow....we'll see how that goes.

Now appears CB1 Kalen King won't play so they are without top 2 CBs. Have to hope for the best from backups but this could be frustrating.

The main thing for a PSU fan is seeing the offense show some life. It has looked better since they fired their OC. New OC Andy Kotalnicki won't call plays but maybe he helped gameplan. Bowls are about setting up next season. Hopefully we see a functional passing game today.
I've seen enough. Turned it off - Allar stinks and the defense is undermanned. With 11 out not sure they can hold them to 30.

I've seen enough. Turned it off - Allar stinks and the defense is undermanned. With 11 out not sure they can hold them to 30.
They are ruining there own game. I’ve only started watching college games the last 4 years or so. Before that,only the super big games or bowl games. I’ve become a fan mostly because of the purity in the game. Which seems to change as the professional game takes over. I remember watching a good part of Pitts games because of the hype on Kenny,and the thought of the Steelers drafting him. He truly did have a magical last season to end his college career. When he opted out of the bowl game it really left a bad taste in my mouth. Along now,with all the other players and coaches that opt out. Coaches. Can you believe it.

There is no way any of the players,especially the ones who are making a **** ton of money in the college game should be allowed to opt out. Perhaps make them draft ineligible for 2 years. Of course there is probably no way to enforce this legally or practically,but it sure is frustrating.

Can you imagine if Big Ben opted out of the Super Bowl a couple days before the big game because he was turning a Free Agent? As usual in these things the true football fans are the ones getting shafted.

If you opt out you certainly don't get a paid vacation to the game - you pay your own way or stay home and watch it on TV. The made a big deal about Fashunu or whoever the LT is being "there for his team" by helping on the sideline - woop de doo!! Transfer portal should not be opened until after the bowl games. I'm not a tOSU fan but losing your starting QB to the transfer portal before the bowl game - seriously???

Who the hell watches Canadian TV?

Dave-Thomas-e1676568293720.jpg

Penn State desperately needs WR’s. Have for several years now. Until they fix that they aren’t winning anything.