• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Bowl Thread

Wow ...........Cheezit Citrus Bowl

Tennessee 35
I OWe Apology 0 ............ to the fans
The 35 by Tenn is more surprising than the goose egg from Iowa.

That offense was painful to watch all year.

This UM vs Bama game coming up is one of those that I despise both teams equally.

So I will set and watch like this. 😐

Leave the cheering to everyone else.

Who ya got?

Alabama in the Rose.
Texas in the Sugar.

Bama takes it all.... peaking at the right time.

Wow. What a game!

I think that was the National Championship. Whatever team won was going to win next week as well.

I went from thinking Michigan was going to **** the bed, to thinking they were going to pull away and win easily, to thinking they were going to **** the bed.

MI came to play and shut up the naysayers, especially their defense. I'm trying to be humble but this game was not as close as the score says. muffed punt gives bama 7, messed up xpoint and missed chip shot FG 4 more points. It was definitely a nail biter but it shouldn't have been.

Like I said I want to be humble but I had to listen for the last three weeks how MI and the big Ten couldn't compete with the SEC, That the real National championship was already played with the SEC championship game, hell some were saying they should have left MI out not FL. well both AL teams got handled by the Big Ten this week.

Congrats to the AL fans for your team fighting hard to make the playoffs and for a hard fought game today, BUT.. GO BLUE

MI came to play and shut up the naysayers, especially their defense. I'm trying to be humble but this game was not as close as the score says. muffed punt gives bama 7, messed up xpoint and missed chip shot FG 4 more points. It was definitely a nail biter but it shouldn't have been.

Like I said I want to be humble but I had to listen for the last three weeks how MI and the big Ten couldn't compete with the SEC, That the real National championship was already played with the SEC championship game, hell some were saying they should have left MI out not FL. well both AL teams got handled by the Big Ten this week.

Congrats to the AL fans for your team fighting hard to make the playoffs and for a hard fought game today, BUT.. GO BLUE
Enjoy the win. A lot to hold your head high about tonight.

I got to see my alma mater win it back to back. It’s a good feeling. I know exactly how you feel. When I attended UGA. Richt was always under scrutiny for never winning the big one. Lost a heart breaker against Alabama in 2008, lost to Boise st in 2011, the SEC championship game in 2012. All losses that are still fresh in my mind when I was attending.

Of course Kirby comes along. Gets us a rose bowl victory against Baker Mayfield/Oklahoma and we were looking to be on track to win the national championship to giving up the lead.

College football wins on the big stage just hits different

Opening line Mich -4.5 over Wash. I'm shocked it's not 10 with so much Michigan hype. I guess that performance by Penix has some people impressed. Will be interesting to see how the line moves during the week.

With Wash being the late game and ending so late, I bet a lot of people didn't watch this one. I have a feeling Mich will end up a bigger favorite as money comes in on Michigan. If you are a Mich fan, you should probably bet now while that line is low.

Michigan's defense was barely threatened this year. Penn State has no WRs. Ohio State's QB is a scared rabbit who ran away to Syracuse because he doesn;t want pressure. The only offense that challenged Michigan was Maryland. Maryland has good WRs and a mobile QB. The problem is that Talia Tagavialova makes tons of bonehead plays. When not making bonehead plays to give Michigan easy points, Maryland moved the ball pretty well.
How is this possible?

Some nice blitzes called by Minter and execution, Penix wont bu as hard to sack as Milroe but Was has real elite WR Minter screwed up vs tsu going blitz heavy hopefully Cade starts better and they control more of the clock and get Wilson, Edwards more involved in the Pass game

How is this possible?

The DMV area has lots of WR talent. MD always tries to recruit a track team. They usually have multiple good WRs and little else. Plus, Penn State bungled the NIL rollout, so they lost a few guys just because they got more money at MD.

Penn State does actually have good WRs if you look at recruiting rankings. Problem is none have developed. That's why they fired WR coach Taylor Stubblefield last year. They had a new WR coach this year but it was rough again. Their best WR in spring ball was Harrison Wallace and he missed most of the season with injuries.

The problem is they have all #2 WRs and slot guys. Transfer WR Dante Cephas never grasped the playbook and did not play in the bowl. Maybe he's transferring again.

PSU is thought to be in good position to get a transfer WR from Ohio State. I forget his name and don't feel like looking it up. He's good. He just hasn't been Ohio State good.

They do have several young WRs who may develop in a new offense.

I don't understand how people are using the Georgia FSU game as some kind of proof that Georgia should have been in the playoff and FSU is a joke. FSU had a ton of opt outs. That game proved as much as Georgia stomping Ball State earlier in the year.

I do think full strength FSU with their starting QB would have beaten this Georgia team. The FSU defense was scary good.
Them FSU boys ran from a fight cuz they knew their 1s would get exposed too

What it proved is the program is filled with dudes with no guts and they are a fraudulent joke-pretenders

Biggest bowl opportunity for them in decades and they run and hide, lmao

Hope we don’t draft any of those losers

The DMV area has lots of WR talent. MD always tries to recruit a track team. They usually have multiple good WRs and little else. Plus, Penn State bungled the NIL rollout, so they lost a few guys just because they got more money at MD.

Penn State does actually have good WRs if you look at recruiting rankings. Problem is none have developed. That's why they fired WR coach Taylor Stubblefield last year. They had a new WR coach this year but it was rough again. Their best WR in spring ball was Harrison Wallace and he missed most of the season with injuries.

The problem is they have all #2 WRs and slot guys. Transfer WR Dante Cephas never grasped the playbook and did not play in the bowl. Maybe he's transferring again.

PSU is thought to be in good position to get a transfer WR from Ohio State. I forget his name and don't feel like looking it up. He's good. He just hasn't been Ohio State good.

They do have several young WRs who may develop in a new offense.
Julian Flemming, my poor son had to cover him at a football camp his senior year. He said it didn't go well for him. :LOL:

Flemming committed to PSU today. Dante Cephas entered the portal.

Listening to some PSU bowl breakdowns, the opt outs were even more extensive than i thought. They had 4 official opt outs. LT Fashanu, DE Chop Robinson, CB Kalen King, CB Johnny Dixon. BUT they had several let's call them "soft" opt outs. Guys who are going in the draft so they only play sparingly.

RT Caeden Wallace only played 1st half. Edge rushers Adissa Isaac and Curtis Jacobs played limited snaps. LB Abdul carter was injured in the 2nd quarter. So by the 2nd half they were playing without both starting OTs on offense and without their 3 best pass rusher, 2 best CBs and best run stopping LB.

The point is their WRs still suck. Hopefully Flemming can make an instant impact, Harrison Wallace can stay healthy and somebody else improves.

Flemming committed to PSU today. Dante Cephas entered the portal.

Listening to some PSU bowl breakdowns, the opt outs were even more extensive than i thought. They had 4 official opt outs. LT Fashanu, DE Chop Robinson, CB Kalen King, CB Johnny Dixon. BUT they had several let's call them "soft" opt outs. Guys who are going in the draft so they only play sparingly.

RT Caeden Wallace only played 1st half. Edge rushers Adissa Isaac and Curtis Jacobs played limited snaps. LB Abdul carter was injured in the 2nd quarter. So by the 2nd half they were playing without both starting OTs on offense and without their 3 best pass rusher, 2 best CBs and best run stopping LB.

The point is their WRs still suck. Hopefully Flemming can make an instant impact, Harrison Wallace can stay healthy and somebody else improves.
They have Quinton Martin coming in as a freshman at 6-2 200lbs and is listed as a RB, but if you watch his film he's used as a WR. I see him contributing right away.