• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Bowl Thread

wow . Flames on fire ........ what an opening drive by Liberty ....missed extra point

Oregon WRs with 3 big drops in this game ... not helping Bo Nix's completion %

That was a bullshit call ..... Oregon rips running backs helmet off and another guy drills him ..... and the RB has to leave for a play ....... bad call

How bad is the Big 10 for an offense as inept as Iowa to be 10-3 right now?

Fiesta Bowl

1. Who the hell thought this was a good match up?
2. Who the hell thought this was a good match up for the freakin' Fiesta Bowl?

This is like Ohio State playing Edinboro. All those empty seats at the Fiesta Bowl??? Somebody needs to he fired.

Fiesta Bowl

1. Who the hell thought this was a good match up?
2. Who the hell thought this was a good match up for the freakin' Fiesta Bowl?

This is like Ohio State playing Edinboro. All those empty seats at the Fiesta Bowl??? Somebody needs to he fired.
Probably the same person who though one of the premiere bowl games should be played early afternoon EST (despite being in Arizona) and on ESPN rather than ABC. Liberty was the highest ranked G5 team so they made it. Liberty against a Florida State team that quit on the season would've been a better matchup. Oregon vs. Georgia would've been a playoff-type game.

I'm pulling for Michigan, but if recent Big10 performances are any sort of precedent, they might get butt *&^%ed.

Oregon WRs with 3 big drops in this game ... not helping Bo Nix's completion %
Don’t you worry about Bo. As long as he’s got Bucky to help him he’ll be all right

No ..... they were looking good early on ..... but started to fade and the refs made some calls that I thought should have gone Liberty's way .... Bo Nix taking over now
I was kinda kidding. It would be nice to see Liberty pull the huge upset. Maybe they have some Western Kentucky in them and will pull off an amazing comeback, but probably not.

Not exactly ....... Acrisure what a Reliaquest bowl was ........ had to look it up .......... old Outback Bowl ....got it

At least they have a competitive game going on 31-28 in the 4th Wis vs LSU

I'm thinking the playoff games should be pretty good, but if my stock picks are any indication, my opinion should not be trusted.

I don't understand how people are using the Georgia FSU game as some kind of proof that Georgia should have been in the playoff and FSU is a joke. FSU had a ton of opt outs. That game proved as much as Georgia stomping Ball State earlier in the year.

I do think full strength FSU with their starting QB would have beaten this Georgia team. The FSU defense was scary good.
No.

FSU wouldn't have lost by 60 but they still would have lost.

This is not my SEC homerism talking - this is from a guy that KNOWS SEC football. FSU's defense scares most in the country but we see those defenses week in and week out in the SEC.

Don't forget that Kirby Smart is probably the BEST defensive mind in all of college football...

“Scary accurate”? He’s at best the 4th most accurate of the top 5 QBs in this draft. Watching him play also doesn’t scream “scary accurate.” Not sure what his yardage or TD totals has to do with the accuracy comment.
Agreed. Penix throws a pretty ball but I would not deem him as the most accurate in college...