• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Bowls

If Kenny pickett played in the peach bowl and had broken his collarbone instead of his backup doing so, he would have cost himself millions… he is currently the top rated qb in the draft and slated to go top 10 to top 15 in the mocks…

Remember the Combine is in February..thecdraft in April…. a serious injury like a broken collarbone can take 6-8 weeks to heal and an equal time to rehab…
One bad break and you wipe out a portion of your draft stock…

Last year the 10th overall guy got a contract worth a total of 20 million dollars
The 15th got 15.6
The 32nd got 11.2…

So literally an injury can lose you 5-10 million easily

that's true assuming Pickett is the top QB. Maybe he's not. Maybe Corral has a big game and jumps him on boards. For a QB, the difference in 1 QB going ahead of you could be 10+ spots.

There are lots of guys whose draft stock goes way up due to a big bowl performance. Plaxico Burress comes to mind.

Expand the playoff and a lot less players would opt out, and if they did, it would be a serious knock against them.

Another idea is let them sign with an agent that can offer an insurance policy as a type of signing bonus. Peyton Manning had an insurance policy his senior year but, unlike most college players, his family could afford to purchase one.

If I was an NFL GM or coach, I don’t know that I’d hold opting out of an inconsequential bowl game against a prospect, but I’d definitely consider not opting out as a positive characteristic.

They claim they are concerned about player safety. Nothing is worse for player safety than allowing offenses to run hurry up tempo all game. Players today are in on so many more plays than years ago. Much more exposure to injury especially when you factor in that risk goes way up when fatigue sets in.

But hurry up is good for scoring points and powers that be like that. If they really cared about players safety, they would only allow hurry up tempo in the closing minutes before half and in the 4th quarter.
I just didn't know you could get plays off that fast. Like there was no look at the defense.

Sorry NCAA....none of these bowl games outside the playoffs prove any team is any better than any other. So many opt-outs has created a situation where these are pre-season 2022 games/exhibitions. Nope, not buying it. Maybe it's time to open up the playoffs to as many teams as possible or the bowls are just a joke.

Utah using the Tomlin time out strategy
Only difference is that Utah knew that OSU could just keep running it and gaining yards. There was literally nothing they could do to stop them. Time wasn't the issue. They kicked the FG on 2nd down.

Matt Corral with an injury to his lower leg. Hopefully it's nothing major.

Now they're saying Corral is a first round QB, and a NFL franchise QB. Might be stretching it a bit.

I think he did the right thing by playing. I think these guys that "opt out" are ********. I understand their reasoning, but they're still ********.

Now they're saying Corral is a first round QB, and a NFL franchise QB. Might be stretching it a bit.

I think he did the right thing by playing. I think these guys that "opt out" are ********. I understand their reasoning, but they're still ********.
Corral has been identified as a first-round QB (though it's arguably if any of the QBs this year are truly first-round talent) for awhile now and in contention as the first QB off the board. It really comes down to what NFL teams want in their QBs. People are now acting as though he won't get drafted because of this injury.

They claim they are concerned about player safety. Nothing is worse for player safety than allowing offenses to run hurry up tempo all game. Players today are in on so many more plays than years ago. Much more exposure to injury especially when you factor in that risk goes way up when fatigue sets in.

But hurry up is good for scoring points and powers that be like that. If they really cared about players safety, they would only allow hurry up tempo in the closing minutes before half and in the 4th quarter.
Lol you never fail to disappoint me with the silly things you post

what part is silly? The absolute fact that increased plays = increased risk?
That you bring this up as if it's an actual relevant point to be made. It isn't, and you know it. You might as well clutch your pearls about how the NFL should mandate weight limits by position groups "if they're sooooOoOo serious about safety".