• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Bowls

I think Utah would still move the ball on the OSU starters. Utah is tough and physical and OSU struggled against that this year. Probably woudn;t be this easy though.

Not good that they immediately put the cast on that leg. Looked like his leg was whipping around and hit off the thigh of one of his own guys and broke.

This game is CRAZY!!!
OH, and tOSU defense is NOT the same without the 5 starters that are missing Tape. Nowhere near.

Can't anybody here play defense? 5 TD's in 2:43.

When **** like that fumble happens, as a fan you just gotta know the football gods are not on your side today. lol

ND didn't get the start I wanted with new HC. Came out great. Cowboys adjusted. No response. Couldn't run, Couldn't get much outside the numbers. I've never seen an offense call plays as quickly as Oklahoma State. Sometimes the ball was barely spotted.

They claim they are concerned about player safety. Nothing is worse for player safety than allowing offenses to run hurry up tempo all game. Players today are in on so many more plays than years ago. Much more exposure to injury especially when you factor in that risk goes way up when fatigue sets in.

But hurry up is good for scoring points and powers that be like that. If they really cared about players safety, they would only allow hurry up tempo in the closing minutes before half and in the 4th quarter.

Can anyone take these bowl games (outside playoffs) serious? I can't imaging boasting about supremacy when you could be playing against a team with half their defense out? Some of these bowl games are nothing more than exhibitions at this point.
Exactly… college football decided to have a postseason preseason lol

I think a lot of these opt outs are a status symbol. Opting out means you're a top prospect, and i thin a lot of these kids like the sound of being in that club. I have a feeling that the number of opt outs will decrease in the next few years and they start to see that a lot of these opt out guys don;t get picked as high as they thought and they could have benefitted from a bowl game.

One of the big things in bowl games is you generally play a pretty good team from a different conference, so scouts do put weight on them. If you play in a ****** conference then you should want the opportunity to play against a team from a big conference.

Coaches move programs. Every man for himself. If a team is playing for national title I'd say that would be tough. But a bowl? Take care of yourself.
If Kenny pickett played in the peach bowl and had broken his collarbone instead of his backup doing so, he would have cost himself millions… he is currently the top rated qb in the draft and slated to go top 10 to top 15 in the mocks…

Remember the Combine is in February..thecdraft in April…. a serious injury like a broken collarbone can take 6-8 weeks to heal and an equal time to rehab…
One bad break and you wipe out a portion of your draft stock…

Last year the 10th overall guy got a contract worth a total of 20 million dollars
The 15th got 15.6
The 32nd got 11.2…

So literally an injury can lose you 5-10 million easily

Ohio State has had no answers for Utah's offense. They need to pretty much shut them out in the 2nd half and score another 21 just to take the lead. Not sure they can do it missing the starters they are.