• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Bowls

The bright spot for PSU is that they started a freshman LT today and he played pretty well. Earlier in the year, vs Rutgers i think, their OT was hurt and they started a different freshman for that game and he played great. So it's possible PSU has a good set of OTs going forward.

Parker Washington is a really good WR. Lambert-Smith is good but has the dropsies. Freshman WR Meiga had a few big moments this year. They added a really good transfer WR from West Kentucky. They have 3 athletic TEs. They have a top RB, who won the Gatorade National player of the year award coming next year.

Offensively they could be very good in the near future if this young QB develops. Defensively they should still be good as we saw backups hold up fairly well today.

So yes, it was a frustrating year because they were close to having a great season but ran into some key injuries that led to some tough losses. But the future does look bright, at least on paper right now.

Yeah, but they have Tomlin 2.0 for coach and just gave him a massive extension. Clifford coming back next year just makes it more likely that one of those top recruited QBs will enter the transfer protocol. They'll have their standard 8 - 4 or 7 - 5 season and lose to every ranked team they play.
I don't know. I'm not a big fan of Franklin, but I don't think he has a huge negative impact like Tomlin does. He has his moments that make you wonder, but at least he is helping to bring in high quality talent.

Yeah, but they have Tomlin 2.0 for coach and just gave him a massive extension. Clifford coming back next year just makes it more likely that one of those top recruited QBs will enter the transfer protocol. They'll have their standard 8 - 4 or 7 - 5 season and lose to every ranked team they play.

The QBs are coming knowing Clifford was coming back. Clifford only has 1 year left.

I get that people blame Franklin for everything but he's won a lot of games with a subpar OL and shaky QB play. He has actually overachieved on the whole. He does make dumb in game decisions but he put a lot of work into improving the OL. If PSU still can't beat the big boys 2 years from now with improved OL and a 5 star QB and weapons, then it may be time to move on from Franklin, but right now he's doing a good job building the program.

One thing Franklin has been great at unlike Tomlin is hiring assistants. PSU has lost several assistants to other programs in Franklin's tenure.

Another over hyped team ND led 28-7 and are LOSERS. They sure did not look like a number five team. Played the sorry big 12 and lose. Must of been that tough schedule they played to get to number 5.

will be interesting to see how hard OSU plays in the Rose. It's a disappointing season for OSU and for Utah this is the biggest game in program history.

will be interesting to see how hard OSU plays in the Rose. It's a disappointing season for OSU and for Utah this is the biggest game in program history.
That, and they're missing 5 starters on defense and their top two WR. Whole bunch of opt outs.

Offense doing its usual Steelers imitation with the slow start. Defense is definitely missing the 5 starters.

That double reverse pass option play was sweeet!!!
It was alright. I drew that same play 1996 first grade. Now I need to see if mama MTC still has my elementary school stuff somewhere.

Who knew a Looney Toons notebook holds college football’s trickery’s

ND didn't get the start I wanted with new HC. Came out great. Cowboys adjusted. No response. Couldn't run, Couldn't get much outside the numbers. I've never seen an offense call plays as quickly as Oklahoma State. Sometimes the ball was barely spotted.

Buckeye's defense is definitely not helping the offense out. I know they're down 5 starters, but you'd like to see more fire out of the unit as a whole.

damn I just turned on the rose bowl and saw two scores in 2 seconds. lol

Hmmmm ... Covey might look good as a possible Ray Ray replacement. ;)