• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Champ Week and News

My hot take:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. Alabama

TCU, Alabama, Tennessee and Penn St (maybe even Clemson) should have to battle it out for the 4th spot.

Why is TCU automatically in? UC and Boise St never would have made it with a loss

So, a team whose only loss is to a top 4 team should be set aside for a team that lost 3 games against weaker competition. That makes sense.
Hell, even Nick Saban would probably agree. Of course, then it would put in question his Championship the year lost to Auburn for his team's only loss on the season the score was 41-24 or something like that), "backed in" to the playoffs, and then won the whole thing. Sorry, the precedent has been set by the committee. The only question is if they follow it or not.
I think the committee is going to find a way to put Alabama in the playoff. They want to, and Ohio State’s track record in the playoff isn’t great.

I’ll believe Alabama isn’t in the playoff when they don’t actually make it. Nobody wants to see TCU and OSU in the playoff this year. TCU has a better argument to be in than OSU. Couple that with OSU losing horribly at home to Michigan in their season finale, and I think Alabama gets in. No way the committee allows TCU AND two Big 10 teams.

That’s my take. I’ll probably be wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it plays out that way.

I think the committee is going to find a way to put Alabama in the playoff. They want to, and Ohio State’s track record in the playoff isn’t great.

I’ll believe Alabama isn’t in the playoff when they don’t actually make it. Nobody wants to see TCU and OSU in the playoff this year. TCU has a better argument to be in than OSU. Couple that with OSU losing horribly at home to Michigan in their season finale, and I think Alabama gets in. No way the committee allows TCU AND two Big 10 teams.

That’s my take. I’ll probably be wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it plays out that way.
All I can say is that we all have hashed all the rational arguments for and against tOSU and 'Bama getting in. Throw out the bias and everything points to tOSU getting the last spot. Precedent points to it also. Of course, there is also the precedent that the committee has thrown out previous precedent in order to get the matchups they desired.
Short take: We'll see

All I can say is that we all have hashed all the rational arguments for and against tOSU and 'Bama getting in. Throw out the bias and everything points to tOSU getting the last spot. Precedent points to it also. Of course, there is also the precedent that the committee has thrown out previous precedent in order to get the matchups they desired.
Short take: We'll see
The bias is what makes me think they would rather take Alabama. That committee LOVES Alabama. Of course, it would all be moot if USC and TCU win their championship games.

I really hope when they roll out the new format in 2024 it’s something along the lines of 4 20 team conferences with the 4 conference winners getting an automatic bye and like with soccer every five years the cumulatively worse
team in each conference gets demoted for an unaffiliated team that has performed the best on a scale adjusted for sos.... that at least makes it seem like everyone has a realistic chance in theory

TCU, Alabama, Tennessee and Penn St (maybe even Clemson) should have to battle it out for the 4th spot.

Why is TCU automatically in? UC and Boise St never would have made it with a loss
Um maybe their 5-1 record against top 25 teams
Your OSU team was only 2-1

TCU deserves the third spot

I'm not really advocating for Alabama. I just have a problem with OSU backing in after getting blasted in their biggest game of the year. Put Utah in. They beat USC twice. I'll be glad when the field expands. Hopefully it will diminish these types of situations, or at the very least increase the odds of getting the best teams into the playoff.
Now you’re talking a 3 loss team gets in? I like Utah, but can’t back that.

As far as the OSU loss, again there are blowout domination type losses and then there are mostly competitive games that ended with lopsided scores. The OSU loss and Tennessee loss to SC were the later.

Um maybe their 5-1 record against top 25 teams
Your OSU team was only 2-1

TCU deserves the third spot
You're counting Oklahoma, Kansas, Okla St, Texas and Kansas St? Kinda like Kentucky and Mississippi St being in the top 10? I just don't buy it.

Saban basically went on TV and said screw what happened on the field. We’re Bama so we must get in. He kept saying the best 4 should get in, alluding to talent. By that logic the playoff would be

1 Georgia
2 Alabama
3 Ohio State
4 Clemson

Those are the 4 best teams in terms of talent and it’s not close. You know what Nicky, you shouldn’t have lost 2 games and then had to have last minute rallies to beat Texas (with their backup QB) and a Texas A&M team with a losing record.

Everybody assumes Bama played some super hard schedule. They didn’t. They played Utah State, UL Monroe and Austin Peay out of conference. They did not play Georgia or they would clearly have a 3rd loss. As I pointed out in my previous post, Bama’s best win is vs #20 Texas with their backup QB and it was a last second win where they were mostly outplayed.

Bama will likely be right back next year, but for this year, they have no case. They lost 2 games and did not even play for their conference championship.

I really hope when they roll out the new format in 2024 it’s something along the lines of 4 20 team conferences with the 4 conference winners getting an automatic bye and like with soccer every five years the cumulatively worse
team in each conference gets demoted for an unaffiliated team that has performed the best on a scale adjusted for sos.... that at least makes it seem like everyone has a realistic chance in theory
Too reasonable. Having folks debate/argue/bemoan the selections brings in money

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin.
Time to watch this Steelers win

The playoffs are what was expected by the end of Championship Saturday. Alabama wasn't getting in barring some crazy finishes after Ohio State was ranked at 5 last week.

Meh osu had one loss and Bama had two… seems logical when its all said and done… but Bama should still pick up the phone and offer the death match…. Lol

Saban basically went on TV and said screw what happened on the field. We’re Bama so we must get in. He kept saying the best 4 should get in, alluding to talent. By that logic the playoff would be

1 Georgia
2 Alabama
3 Ohio State
4 Clemson

Those are the 4 best teams in terms of talent and it’s not close. You know what Nicky, you shouldn’t have lost 2 games and then had to have last minute rallies to beat Texas (with their backup QB) and a Texas A&M team with a losing record.

Everybody assumes Bama played some super hard schedule. They didn’t. They played Utah State, UL Monroe and Austin Peay out of conference. They did not play Georgia or they would clearly have a 3rd loss. As I pointed out in my previous post, Bama’s best win is vs #20 Texas with their backup QB and it was a last second win where they were mostly outplayed.

Bama will likely be right back next year, but for this year, they have no case. They lost 2 games and did not even play for their conference championship.
This is the most you've ever written about Bama. Yaaaay...

Booooo!!!
Lol.......love the passion!
‘Bama fans seem to be getting just a little spoiled. Many teams would take a victory in the Sugar Bowl as a pretty good conciliation prize. Can’t win every year,maybe this will be good for the program, refocus. Come back next season and dominate.
Cheers🍻

USC went from playing No. 1 Georgia in the playoffs to having to play Tulane in the Cotton Bowl, which isn't even played in the Cotton Bowl but rather AT&T Stadium.

Welp it's decided. We're out.

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. Ohio State

Sorry, berm but the tribe has spoken. You must douse your torch.

Salute the nation

@SteelBuckeye
May the best team win in the peach bowl.
Two historically rich, traditional schools.

May both teams entertain and despite the outcome. The health of these kids. That said.

Sic ‘em Dawgs