• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 1

Bama was more entertaining. Did you watch???
I did not see any of the Alabama game. I was kinda limited in my viewing options. I just looked at the score and now I think you are lying.

And he kept harping about letting FSU score so LSU could get the ball back, wrong and Cam would have been all over his ***......

Yea he did, of course I had a few.
I mean, he has a close-cropped red beard like that guy, sure. Doesnt mean they look alike.

I went away for the weekend and saw almost no games at all this weekend. Seems i missed some crazy games with that UNC vs App State ending. The LSU vs FSU ending.

I wouldn't read anything into steelers not having a scout at OSU. OSU has several big games on the schedule, but look at a team like Cincy. This game vs Arkansas may be their only ranked opponent all year. Same with Oregon vs Georgia.

I sure wish they would get rid of this targeting foul. I watched college football all weekend and really how many targeting fouls and what officiating group would say yes , no was amazing. I get player safety but when a running back puts his head down first and a defensive back should what stand straight and get knocked over. The defensive back tries to make a tackle out comes the flag gone from game and next week is just wrong. Call something give them a 15-yard penalty and move on. The game stops officials can't seem to get together and figure out what is what, everything against the defense when how many plays an offensive player leads with the helmet and nothing is called, and they tell you it is in the rules. Between the announcers and the refs, it is like every play was that targeting should we review. Let the game go on.

IMHO...I'm aligned the targeting rule and the way college football administers the P.I. penalty..

In what world does a team move up 25 spots in one week after winning by 3 points. LOL I guess playing Georgia later in the year has its privileges.

Last edited:
Georgia moves up to #1. We’re in the drivers seat now

Were some fun games for the second week. App State should be ranked in top ten with the thrills thy have given college football. Some of the announcers are just plain bad, on and on about nothing, who really cares what schools' players came from, who cares the rode they have taken, who cares what they think a player should do three plays later. Call the game. Targeting is the worst rule in college football. Kick a kid out for a play, when you observe so many others plays you question, and no one is kicked out. Give them 15 yards and move on. Slows game down causes fans for the teams to question next hit in head why not called. all on the defense, offensive players lead with helmet seems to be no worry of player safety then.