• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 1

Colorado a 1-win team last year, beat the national champ runner up. No matter how you try to spin it, it was a very impressive win. For Penn State Allar seems to be an improvement at QB, but the run game, line, and defense under performed, It was a decent win, but im not buying their #7 ranking yet.

You and the haters wanted TCU to run the score up on Primetime because he gutted the roster and brought in his players, who wanted to play for him...

I don't think the 25+ players on scholarship he booted off the team to make room for "his guys" did not want to play for him.

Yes, I get it - college football is now the pros. Players get paid, can move around at will, scholarships don't mean ****, and coaches can be as cavalier about their word as the players. Got it. But the fact is Sanders decided dozens of scholarship athletes were no longer going to be part of the team, had his assistant coaches tell a lot of the players that great news, and then was a ***** about giving the players practice film from 2022 so they could find a new school.

Sanders purges Colorado roster

Heading up to State College for the game on Saturday. My son has been invited to be on the sidelines prior to kickoff, and they are providing us with three tickets. He's a wide receiver in high school, but at 6'4.5 and 205, Penn State is interested in him at tight end.

Pretty exciting stuff for him, and an amazing time for me as his dad.
Good luck to him and tell him to go with Penn State if he gets a chance. Possible NFL step right there.

Colorado a 1-win team last year, beat the national champ runner up. No matter how you try to spin it, it was a very impressive win. For Penn State Allar seems to be an improvement at QB, but the run game, line, and defense under performed, It was a decent win, but im not buying their #7 ranking yet.
On one side their QB, Sanders son passed for what 500 yards? On the other side his son playing SS, I think it I remember correctly led the defense in tackles.

I have to agree with that being an impressive win out of the gates.

I don't think the 25+ players on scholarship he booted off the team to make room for "his guys" did not want to play for him.

Yes, I get it - college football is now the pros. Players get paid, can move around at will, scholarships don't mean ****, and coaches can be as cavalier about their word as the players. Got it. But the fact is Sanders decided dozens of scholarship athletes were no longer going to be part of the team, had his assistant coaches tell a lot of the players that great news, and then was a ***** about giving the players practice film from 2022 so they could find a new school.

Sanders purges Colorado roster
Are you 100% sure those players didn't quit or is it easier to say that the coach ran them out of their scholarships???

Asking for a friend...

Are you 100% sure those players didn't quit or is it easier to say that the coach ran them out of their scholarships???

Asking for a friend...
Im pretty sure Ive heard a bunch about him going in and cutting scholarships so he could bring in players he’d recruited…
And usually colleges help with guys trying to transfer… not cut them off from resources and basically give them the boot… sounds ****** to me

Asking for a friend...

Sanders told the Colorado players to leave and he was bringing in his own guys. He also made sure everyone saw it as well.

“We got a few positions already taken care of because I’m bringing my own luggage with me,” Sanders told the Buffaloes in a meeting with players released on social media Sunday. “And it’s Louis, OK?”

“I’m coming. And when I get there, it’s gonna be changed, so I want y’all to get ready to go ahead and jump in that portal and do whatever you’re gonna get because the more of you jump into (the portal), the more room you make because we bring kids that are smart, tough.”

Im pretty sure Ive heard a bunch about him going in and cutting scholarships so he could bring in players he’d recruited…
And usually colleges help with guys trying to transfer… not cut them off from resources and basically give them the boot… sounds ****** to me
He’s a douche. Was at it with the press yesterday.

Honestly dude wins one game in his D1 coaching career and he’s already acting pompous.

Asking for a friend...
Lol......lots of documentation that he basically forced them out. They didn’t quit.
Is your friend🤪100% he didn’t run them out?

Sanders was a great KO returner and coverage guy. Horrible tackler,and all about me,me,me,me. He will fit in perfectly in today’s self indulgence society. The media will cover him nonstop. I can’t stand that big mouth prick.

With Colorado and Deion, I think it's great. Good for him. What I am sick and tired of is the..."because I'm black and 75% of my kids are black," and the crying about disrespect or whatever. Just stop. I'm a PSU guy. Franklin is black. A heck of a lot of kids on that team are black. Who gives a shiit?

I have watcehd some of the 30 for 30s on the Miami Hurricanes and the Fab 5...and all the wah, wahing there. I'm a small town white guy, but I was rooting for Miami in those games against Notre Dame. I hated Notre Dame. Still do. I rooted for the Fab 5. Couldn't stand Duke. So this everyone was against us mantra...it's tiresome.

Lol......lots of documentation that he basically forced them out. They didn’t quit.
Is your friend🤪100% he didn’t run them out?

Sanders was a great KO returner and coverage guy. Horrible tackler,and all about me,me,me,me. He will fit in perfectly in today’s self indulgence society. The media will cover him nonstop. I can’t stand that big mouth prick.
I actually think Sanders is smart with that. All the pressure is on him in a way. The kids are free to play.

I actually think Sanders is smart with that. All the pressure is on him in a way. The kids are free to play.
it is not smart

it is just his personality

all the attention is his

**** meon

it is not smart

it is just his personality

all the attention is his

**** meon
That's true. He is who he always is. But like someone said, all the press goes toward him. I would think as a player that would be freeing.

That's true. He is who he always is. But like someone said, all the press goes toward him. I would think as a player that would be freeing.
It can also be annoying when you're there to play football and your coach is always making it a spectacle.

It can also be annoying when you're there to play football and your coach is always making it a spectacle.
Maybe. We will see how it plays out. It's only one game and they aren't sneaking up on anyone now. But to those players, not only was he a great player, but he has street cred. And it doesn't matter one bit what we think, it's what they think.

Oh come on. You think he’s doing it to take the pressure off his players? He’s doing it because he wants and needs always to be the center of attention. You can have that big mouthed type of person. Not my cup of tea.
I’ll take the Troy Polamalu type of guy any day over that ***-hole narcissist.

Cheers

Colorado fans love Deon now but he's out of there maybe as early as next season. He's all about himself and will bail as soon as a better opportunity presents itself.

He took over a 1 win team. I don't know what the vegas expected win total was but it was probably 6 or 7.

Let's also stop with the nonsense of referring to TCU as the team that played for the National Championship last year. This year's team is completely different. I believe they only have 3 of 22 returning starters. This is NOT the team that played for a championship last year.

BTW, last year's "Championship" TCU defense was 91st in scoring defense giving up an average of 29 per game.

Good luck to him and tell him to go with Penn State if he gets a chance. Possible NFL step right there.
Thanks. We have established a good rapport with their TE coaches, and my son is well aware of Penn State's recent success in producing NFL tight ends. I mean, if they do offer, it's going to be hard to turn down. The facilities are top-notch, the coaching staff cares about the kids, and he would get all the preparation he could possibly need for football and life. And of course we had an amazing time last night...he was in the locker room with the team after the game!

But I don't want to put the cart in front of the horse. He has a D-1 offer from a MAC school, and that's all for now.

Florida State now dominating LSU. FSU has the easiest road to the playoff now. They only play 1 more rankled team, #9 Clemson. Maybe somebody like Pitt or Miami will get ranked by the time they play but they likely not be top ranked.

Florida State plays Clemson on 9/23. They could all but have a playoff spot locked up before October. They'd have to suffer a huge upset.

LSU is ranked 5. Looking at the rankings, they should fall down below Utah at 15. That should be the highest they should be ranked after the results of week 1.