• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 1

Colorado fans love Deon now but he's out of there maybe as early as next season. He's all about himself and will bail as soon as a better opportunity presents itself.

He took over a 1 win team. I don't know what the vegas expected win total was but it was probably 6 or 7.

Let's also stop with the nonsense of referring to TCU as the team that played for the National Championship last year. This year's team is completely different. I believe they only have 3 of 22 returning starters. This is NOT the team that played for a championship last year.

BTW, last year's "Championship" TCU defense was 91st in scoring defense giving up an average of 29 per game.
I heard on College Game Day that they returned 10 starters in total. But the rest of your point is valid. Sure, that Colorado offense was sizzling, but they also gave up 42 to TCU. They are going to play much better offenses and defenses this year. I think they'll have an up and down season, finishing with 6-8 wins because as it stands right now, they have four ranked teams on their schedule and a couple others that aren't pushovers. They'll be better for sure, but after a 1-win season there is nowhere to go but up.

LSU looked pretty good in the first half and had the chance for a two score lead if they converted inside the 5. The second half was a completely different story. FSU looked elite and clearly like the better team, just dominating.

Florida State now dominating LSU. FSU has the easiest road to the playoff now. They only play 1 more rankled team, #9 Clemson. Maybe somebody like Pitt or Miami will get ranked by the time they play but they likely not be top ranked.

Florida State plays Clemson on 9/23. They could all but have a playoff spot locked up before October. They'd have to suffer a huge upset.

LSU is ranked 5. Looking at the rankings, they should fall down below Utah at 15. That should be the highest they should be ranked after the results of week 1.

It looks like FSU is on its way back to relevance. I hope they smash Clemson.
It wasn't looking pretty last night in the first half. Both teams had a ton of blown assignments defensively allowing for monster plays with LSU really screwing the pooch in the second half. Which they pretty much tapped out by the 4th.

Clemson getting rolled by Duke. Florida State damn near has a playoff spot locked up. They'll have to step on a banana peel not to make the playoff now with Clemson looking so awful.

Clemson's recruiting is still high. There is no way Clemson should be this bad with this much talent on that roster.

Clemson getting rolled by Duke. Florida State damn near has a playoff spot locked up. They'll have to step on a banana peel not to make the playoff now with Clemson looking so awful.

Clemson's recruiting is still high. There is no way Clemson should be this bad with this much talent on that roster.
Dabo will get them back on track. Even the best teams have "off" games and clearly, this Clemson team's head was way way up their collective ***** last night.

Great debut for Drew Allar. He moves well for his size. WVU blitzed a bunch and Allar was able to escape, buy time, keep his eyes downfield and make plays. He was changing plays at the line. Looked in command. He finished 21/29 for 325 and 3 TD. That's 15 yards per completion. He only had 1 bad decisions where he tried to force a throw and almost got INT. Aside from that there were 3 drops and a couple throw aways.

The long TD pass in the 1st quarter was a great play. He was pressured, had to evade, stepped up and fired it about 40 yards downfield without his feet set. Few guys can make that throw. Later he threw another TD that needed touch, lofting it over the LB to the corner of the endzone. He can make all the throws.

I liked what i saw from the WRs. They all contributed. If Keandre Lambert Smith keeps this up as a big play guy then the rest of the WRs can all be great role players.

The defense was sloppy. Lots of missed tackles which is to be expected in game 1. A few blown coverages. A few blown run fits.

WVU looks like they should be good this year. Their defense is much improved. Penn State ended up with 38 but had to work for it. Looks like they have a good QB too.

Overall a good week 1 performance.
I was expecting much worse. Glad they put Penn State on the schedule again. I miss those games even though WVU usually was on the losing side. It did make the wins a lot of fun though. I was at Mountaineer Field in 88 (I think) when Major Harris and company had a good game against Joe's squad. Enroute to an undefeated season before they got trounced by the Catholic school mentioned in post 1.

Actually I miss all those games against the regional schools, Pitt, VaTech, even Rutgers & Boston College. They were at least somewhat nearby. Can't stand being in the Big-12.

Can't stand being in the Big-12.
I hear ya, it would have been better if the local schools could have found a way to start their own conference.
Just imagine how Stanford and Cal fans must feel about joining the ACC next year.

Reactions: JMM
I was expecting much worse. Glad they put Penn State on the schedule again. I miss those games even though WVU usually was on the losing side. It did make the wins a lot of fun though. I was at Mountaineer Field in 88 (I think) when Major Harris and company had a good game against Joe's squad. Enroute to an undefeated season before they got trounced by the Catholic school mentioned in post 1.

Actually I miss all those games against the regional schools, Pitt, VaTech, even Rutgers & Boston College. They were at least somewhat nearby. Can't stand being in the Big-12.
I’m not liking how monetized college football has become. But I’m also glad these kids are getting rewarded for their potential health/injury risk.

As far as regional rivalries. As long as Florida, Auburn and GA Tech can remain on the schedule in terms of rivals. I’m ok. Not a fan of the realignment but that won’t deter me for rooting for my alma mater