• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 10

PSU, IMHO, needs to start fresh. Franklin sucks. OL coach sucks. (yeah, I know guys are hurt, but even the starters suck in big games and can't run or pass protect), strength coach needs to go...the O gets shoved around alot and has been, going back to Hackenberg. Why not start Allar today? You already lost your 2 biggest games....you're now playing for some bowl game. Get the kid some experience. It's not like Clifford needs some exposure...he ain't going nowhere after this year. Hope they don't lose the promising freshman rbs to the portal cuz of Franklin's stupidity.
I think the Lions are going to lose one of them. To me, Allen is the better back. Better vision and inside runner. Penn State is terrorizing the Indiana OL and have already knocked out their starting QB.

Good first half by UGA. Kirby has these guys dialed in

Funny thing is that every year in recent years, we beat Penn. And every year that we do, Penn's fans spend the rest of the season trying to find some reason to talk "ish" on tOSU. Makes no sense unless you throw in factors like envy or sour grapes.

i assume your goal as an Ohio state fans is to win the national championship. How do you feel after their last 2 performances? Penn State is kind of soft. They are light on the lines and still were able to control both lines of scrimmage until Penn State had injuries on the OL and had to play a 3rd stringer. That’s a red flag.

I thought OSU would beat Michigan easily but now I’m not sure. Unless Ohio State steps it up, Michigan’s going to run for 300 yards. It pains me to say something positive about Michigan.

Assuming the Steelers have 3 of the top 50 picks. I go tackle, ILB, guard. Top 10 or 15 you need a premium position like Tackle.

i assume your goal as an Ohio state fans is to win the national championship. How do you feel after their last 2 performances? Penn State is kind of soft. They are light on the lines and still were able to control both lines of scrimmage until Penn State had injuries on the OL and had to play a 3rd stringer. That’s a red flag.

I thought OSU would beat Michigan easily but now I’m not sure. Unless Ohio State steps it up, Michigan’s going to run for 300 yards. It pains me to say something positive about Michigan.
I'm not happy about the last two performances. But, you DO highlight a difference between the two programs. At tOSU the goal is to win the natty. At PSU, the goal is to "Beat the Buckeyes" or "Whup the Wolverines". Big difference in perspective/mentality/goals.
Neither team has been particularly good at accomplishing their goals in the last few years.

I think is was a bad idea for the poll people to jump Tenn to No.1 before playing Georgia. Probably pissed them off.

They totally shut them down. Wow. I was not expecting that. Georgia did go turtle offense after a 3 td lead.

Great game for PSU today. With their LT out, they started a freshman at LT and he had a good game. Their starting G got hurt on the first play. The OL still had a strong game. Franklin has been focusing more on OL in the last few recruiting classes and it's finally starting to pay off. They're not great yet but building an OL takes time and there is definite progress this year.

Indiana's not that good, but the was a road game and PSu has had their struggles on the road even against mediocre teams. It was good to see them put the boots to an inferior team. That's something they haven't always done in the last few years.

Allar got some pretty good playing time and had some good plays. The best thing he did was recognizing defenses and adjusting the blocking pre-snap.

Lots of people saying just start Allar, but if PSU can win out and then win a NY 6 bowl they have a shot to maybe finish top 5 or close to it. That's a big deal. That's a season you can sell on the recruiting trail.

OC Mike Yurcich desrves a lot of credit. He has adapted his offense to feature RBs and TEs and that is not at all what he wants to do. That's good coaching, adjusting to your players and not trying to force them into your system.

Bryce Young with unbelievable pocket presence on that touchdown.

a lot of Young's big plays are on broken plays. He's short. I think sometimes he doesn't see things from the pocket over the middle. Kyler Murray has the same problem. So does Russel Wilson which is why Wilson drops back so far.