• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 10

When does the playoff expand? It's going to 8 teams?

I don't know whether the article was BS, but I saw some supposed ESPN power rankings this morning that had Alabama ranked 3rd or 4th.
From what I remember, they dont have a set date yet, but that it will be "no later than 2026"

Well that will be strengthened with Alabama watching playoffs this year. Teams like that and even Notre Dame which I like produce ratings. You are either cheering for them or hoping they get *** handed to them.

From what I've seen this year, Alabama definitely is not one of the top 4 teams. Now, there are still 4 or 5 games left so things can change but right now, both Michigan and Ohio State are ahead of them even when one of them loses when they play each other in a few weeks.

Congrats on the World Series win. They played good baseball and a lot of people don't appreciate great baseball. The game has been passed but it still is a very good game to watch & play. (my favorite to play sport and I've played / participated in many kinds).

Again, Coolie congrats and will they have any major celebrations, parade, maybe apperences across the town?

Salute the nation
I' sure there will be a parade

Alabama #10 in new poll. If you think they're out of it, you haven't paid attention for the last 15 years. The playoff committee exists to get 2 SEC teams in the playoff. I heard talk before the Ten Georgia game that there should be 3 SEC teams in the playoff. Don't rule that out.

Tenn is 5th in the new poll. They don;t play the SEC Champ game now so they will likely finish up with just 1 loss. Georgia is pretty much in the playoff already unless they somehow lose to Miss St, Kent, or GA Tech.

Imagine this scenario. Tenn, Georgia win out. Georgia is in the playoff, even if they lose the SEC champ game, the're in. We already saw that happen. You know dam well that whichever 2 loss team Bama or LSU, beats Georgia in the SEC champ game, is getting to the playoffs. The only question then would be if the shoehorn in Tennessee as a 3rd SEC team along with the Ohio State vs Michigan winner.

Alabama #10 in new poll. If you think they're out of it, you haven't paid attention for the last 15 years. The playoff committee exists to get 2 SEC teams in the playoff. I heard talk before the Ten Georgia game that there should be 3 SEC teams in the playoff. Don't rule that out.

Tenn is 5th in the new poll. They don;t play the SEC Champ game now so they will likely finish up with just 1 loss. Georgia is pretty much in the playoff already unless they somehow lose to Miss St, Kent, or GA Tech.

Imagine this scenario. Tenn, Georgia win out. Georgia is in the playoff, even if they lose the SEC champ game, the're in. We already saw that happen. You know dam well that whichever 2 loss team Bama or LSU, beats Georgia in the SEC champ game, is getting to the playoffs. The only question then would be if the shoehorn in Tennessee as a 3rd SEC team along with the Ohio State vs Michigan winner.
Well, Clemson made that scenario a little more possible for sure.

The stupidity of Ohio State vs Michigan being played in the last week may cost the loser a playoff spot. Big 10 is run by morons. Hey let's put all our best teams in the same division so they all beat each other and limit our chances of getting a 2nd team into the playoffs.

You have Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, and Alabama. You can count Ole Miss too since they only have 1 loss but they're really not that good. Alabama and LSU have 2 losses and Alabama struggled against Texas (won by 1) and Texas A&M (won by 4). Right now, Georgia is in and Tennessee has to be right behind them. It all comes down to their conference championship. If Georgia wins out, they are in and everyone else should be looking for a lot of help. If Michigan and OSU have 1 or 0 losses, they should be in ahead of the SEC 2+ loss teams. You still have Clemson out there if they win their conference. If Georgia losses their championship, then 2 SEC teams could get in but no way do 3 get in unless everyone else has at least 2 losses and no conference championship. I know Alabama lost to 2 good teams but they almost lost to 2 not-good teams. They should have fallen behind Clemson and Ole Miss with 1 loss each. Hopefully, the BCS rankings have them outside the top 10. TCU is undefeated at #4 in the polls but can they get in the playoff even if undefeated? They should. USC and UCLA also have 1 loss and are ahead of Alabama.

Reactions: MTC
You have Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, and Alabama. You can count Ole Miss too since they only have 1 loss but they're really not that good. Alabama and LSU have 2 losses and Alabama struggled against Texas (won by 1) and Texas A&M (won by 4). Right now, Georgia is in and Tennessee has to be right behind them. It all comes down to their conference championship. If Georgia wins out, they are in and everyone else should be looking for a lot of help. If Michigan and OSU have 1 or 0 losses, they should be in ahead of the SEC 2+ loss teams. You still have Clemson out there if they win their conference. If Georgia losses their championship, then 2 SEC teams could get in but no way do 3 get in unless everyone else has at least 2 losses and no conference championship. I know Alabama lost to 2 good teams but they almost lost to 2 not-good teams. They should have fallen behind Clemson and Ole Miss with 1 loss each. Hopefully, the BCS rankings have them outside the top 10. TCU is undefeated at #4 in the polls but can they get in the playoff even if undefeated? They should. USC and UCLA also have 1 loss and are ahead of Alabama.
Agreed. There are a lot of teams who can and should be a shoe in. If Georgia goes undefeated in the regular season and loses the SEC championship then, maybe. But I don’t see a 2 loss SEC team getting in

From ESPN:

1. Georgia (62) 9-0
2. Ohio State (1) 9-0
3. Michigan 9-0
4. TCU 9-0
5. Tennessee 8-1
6. Oregon 8-1
7. LSU 7-2
8. USC 8-1
9. UCLA 8-1
10. Alabama 7-2

Georgia will go undefeated the rest of the way (remaining schedule is Miss St, Kentucky, Georgia Tech). They'll finish at 1 and be the first team in the Playoffs. They'll meet LSU in the SEC Championship game. I doubt LSU has the horses to stay with Georgia.
Ohio State and Michigan play each other. Ohio State usually beats Michigan, and will likely do so again. OSU will be 2 and the 2nd team in the playoffs. Michigan will tumble out. **** the Harbaugh brothers
TCU plays Texas, Baylor and Iowa State to end their season. Texas won last season, but TCU won the previous two. Since the series resumed in 2013, TCU has won 7 of these matchups. This will be a good game to watch, as they're matched up well. Regardless if TCU wins or not, OSU bouncing Michigan (or the unlikely, Michigan beating OSU), will push Tennessee into the playoffs at 4 - as long as Tennessee destroys the next three teams on their schedule. Oregon would be 5th, with either OSU or Michigan 6. LSU, after getting beaten by Georgia, will be 7th.

Georgia, OSU, TCU and Tennessee make the playoffs.

I didn't see the whole Bama LSU game but from what i saw, i was not super impressed with Will Anderson. I mean as a potential top 5 pick for the steelers.

The stupidity of Ohio State vs Michigan being played in the last week may cost the loser a playoff spot. Big 10 is run by morons. Hey let's put all our best teams in the same division so they all beat each other and limit our chances of getting a 2nd team into the playoffs.
This really is stupid lol

The worst part of the Big 10-20-40 was when they grew, they still put all of the powerhouse teams on one side of the conference so they can't play each other for a championship game. Conferences should just get rid of the multiple divisions or get rid of the conference championship game altogether. The best teams rarely play each other but maybe that's the plan.

Don't worry, after Alabama beats Mississippi and Austin Peay, they'll be #2 again. No way Alabama is getting left out. That band wagon fan base is too big to leave out of the playoff.

From ESPN:

1. Georgia (62) 9-0
2. Ohio State (1) 9-0
3. Michigan 9-0
4. TCU 9-0
5. Tennessee 8-1
6. Oregon 8-1
7. LSU 7-2
8. USC 8-1
9. UCLA 8-1
10. Alabama 7-2

Georgia will go undefeated the rest of the way (remaining schedule is Miss St, Kentucky, Georgia Tech). They'll finish at 1 and be the first team in the Playoffs. They'll meet LSU in the SEC Championship game. I doubt LSU has the horses to stay with Georgia.
Ohio State and Michigan play each other. Ohio State usually beats Michigan, and will likely do so again. OSU will be 2 and the 2nd team in the playoffs. Michigan will tumble out. **** the Harbaugh brothers
TCU plays Texas, Baylor and Iowa State to end their season. Texas won last season, but TCU won the previous two. Since the series resumed in 2013, TCU has won 7 of these matchups. This will be a good game to watch, as they're matched up well. Regardless if TCU wins or not, OSU bouncing Michigan (or the unlikely, Michigan beating OSU), will push Tennessee into the playoffs at 4 - as long as Tennessee destroys the next three teams on their schedule. Oregon would be 5th, with either OSU or Michigan 6. LSU, after getting beaten by Georgia, will be 7th.

Georgia, OSU, TCU and Tennessee make the playoffs.
I can sign off on this .. although I’m not sold on TCU

Serious question…could Georgia play with the Steelers?

why would we want that L?

Anybody concerned about Berm? I checked the side of the milk carton this morning, and nothing.

Too soon?

Anybody concerned about Berm? I checked the side of the milk carton this morning, and nothing.

Too soon?
Berm aint gonna appear on no milk carton

look for his pic on the back of the register at the liquor store

Speaking as UGA alum and Steelers fan. No Georgia would not beat the Steelers. The difference at the nfl level is the trenches. I think some of the skill position guys could give the receivers and db’s fits, but the Steelers are going to manhandle/control the trenches 9/10

The worst part of the Big 10-20-40 was when they grew, they still put all of the powerhouse teams on one side of the conference so they can't play each other for a championship game. Conferences should just get rid of the multiple divisions or get rid of the conference championship game altogether. The best teams rarely play each other but maybe that's the plan.
Big Ten divisions are geographical. It’ll be interesting to see how they handle addition of USC and UCLA. If you add them to the West and move Purdue to the East, that’s eight teams in each and means not many inter-divisional games like Ohio State-USC but might make for more compelling championships assuming USC and UCLA can keep their programs among the best in the nation.

Berm aint gonna appear on no milk carton

look for his pic on the back of the register at the liquor store

Hopefully he didn't get drunk wander off and end up at some pawn shop run by Ned...