• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 2

Thank you, sir!

We were actually contemplating a visit to South Bend this fall, but after that debacle on Saturday...? Up in the air now.
Hopefully your boy can utilize his gifts and efforts to get an education, make some money and possibly go further than D1. It's really great to read a story like this!

I hope you and Mom have confidence in those around him who are advising; it would be awesome to have high trust in those helping along this new path.

Just guide him away from purple uniforms and he will be ok!

Thank you, sir!

We were actually contemplating a visit to South Bend this fall, but after that debacle on Saturday...? Up in the air now.
Your most welcome…

Its worth the visit even if your son isn’t going to attend there..

Maybe he will play there as a visiting player someday?!?

Game day in South Bend is definitely a bucket list item for any college football fan!

They hit the DisLyke button
My source at Pitt tells me that Lyke's contract was up this year but the new chancellor wouldn't return her phone calls to talk about an extension.

My source at Pitt tells me that Lyke's contract was up this year but the new chancellor wouldn't return her phone calls to talk about an extension.
Lyke has been a good AD for Pitt. Probably gets a little too much credit for some things, not enough for others. I'm aware they weren't going to give her an extension and her shopping for other jobs probably didn't help. Was part of it her work with NIL or the expense of Victory Heights? Football is king, basketball is important as well, and then everything else takes a seat way in the back to these two sports right now. Pitt isn't where they need to be in either sport.

Lyke has been a good AD for Pitt. Probably gets a little too much credit for some things, not enough for others. I'm aware they weren't going to give her an extension and her shopping for other jobs probably didn't help. Was part of it her work with NIL or the expense of Victory Heights? Football is king, basketball is important as well, and then everything else takes a seat way in the back to these two sports right now. Pitt isn't where they need to be in either sport.
Agree, the non-revenue sports have done well under her but football and basketball not so much.
I can't help thinking that it's going to go like the Wannstache firing though and things will get worse before they get better.

Last edited:
Agree, the non-revenue sports have done well under her but football and basketball not so much.
I can't help thinking that it's going to go like the Wannstache firing though and things will get worse before they get better.
I certainly wouldn't want the AD position at Pitt. What football coach are you really going to get for the Pitt program who is going to be that NIL guru and great recruiter that is needed? I heard Matt Canada is available and looking for work :ROFLMAO:

I certainly wouldn't want the AD position at Pitt. What football coach are you really going to get for the Pitt program who is going to be that NIL guru and great recruiter that is needed? I heard Matt Canada is available and looking for work :ROFLMAO:
I’m still trying to figure out how they lured Johnny Majors and Jackie Sherrill to leave the south land to take over up north?!?