• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 2

WTF was the Penn State D doing in the first half? Did Franklin have them stay in the locker room until the 2nd half? They should have crushed Bowling Green. Hopefully, this is a wake up call. I'll take the win but they should have won by 3 TD's.
They were playing zone, almost exclusively. I don’t know who BG’s QB is, but he ate that garbage for lunch. They played a ton of man in the 2nd half and the difference was palpable.

On a side note, PSU’s WR’s need to get their **** together. They let Allar down several times yesterday. Liam Clifford and Julian Fleming add nothing. It’s a group in desperate need of an upgrade.

After some morning rain, it turned out to be a nice day to be at a football game. Hell, I got sunburned.

Well a few weeks in and we've already had some "ranked" pretenders exposed. The biggest one was FSU. They're poof already.

The others I suppose still have plenty of time to right the ship with a 12 team playoff this year.

I hope the smaller program schools who sacrifice their football teams to extreme humiliation and embarrassment, get a lot of money.

I'd hate to be on the losing end of a 50,60,70+ point blowout from a team they had no buisness playing in the first place.
Northern Illinois got 1.4 million to play ND. Illinois State got 650k to play at Iowa last weekend. Most do get paid, huge part of their Athletic Department budgets.

The Big10 is 104-77-2 vs the ACC. It’s a tougher conference.
The Big 10 is better, but since 1998 against the ACC...

Maryland 5-1
Northwestern 12-8
Minnesota 2-5
Purdue 3-6
Illinois 2-3
Indiana 3-8

The middle of that conference isn't tough or anything special.

I had a funeral yesterday so I didn't actually see the PSU game. I watched the first half on the DVR when i got home.

You have to give Bowling Green credit for playing an outstanding game. They had a perfect gameplan to attack the PSU defense and their QB was dropping dimes. Penn State is learning a new defense this year. There will a lot to teach on this tape in the bye week.

Allar looks like a new guy. You can see his confidence growing. He is running just enough to keep a defense honest. The offense was good. They had 2 hundred yard rushers.

I'm not sure if it was Paterno or Bear Bryant or whoever, when asked about learning from a loss. He said, there's nothing you can learn from a loss that you can't learn from a close win.

defence played a good game

held OU offense scoreless in the 2nd half

offense really needs a different approach the OC is a ******* idiot

still on the road against the #15 team after getting bithslapped last week....gotta be satisfied with this performance
Ha! **** the kewgs

Hey Top….you probably posted it and I never saw it. How did your son make out? Where’s he playing?
I haven't posted an update; thanks for asking!

My son is a senior in high school, and now has over 30 D-I offers, including 7 out of the current top 10 teams in the AP poll. He is verbally committed to a Big Ten school, but several other major programs are still recruiting him, and we are planning to make a few more visits in the fall before national signing day on December 4th. I'll let you know the particulars when he makes his final decision. It's been an incredible ride so far!

My son is a senior in high school, and now has over 30 D-I offers, including 7 out of the current top 10 teams in the AP poll. He is verbally committed to a Big Ten school, but several other major programs are still recruiting him, and we are planning to make a few more visits in the fall before national signing day on December 4th. I'll let you know the particulars when he makes his final decision. It's been an incredible ride so far!
Man…..this must be exciting times for the topseed family! Great on him! Mom and Dad must be tickled pink….keep us in the loop. I could be getting mixed up,but TE,correct?

How much does NIL money come up in the various recruiting meetings? Do some schools quote actual numbers or is it just vague promises that there will be opportunities to earn money?

Yeah we lost to a better team ,your non Championship team struggled with a **** team at home you sound like a Clowns fan😜
Deflecting your pain and anguish, knowing that your cheating team will never win another championship makes me all warm inside, Charlie. :D

Franklin = Tomlin, I've already set my expectations to being mediocre. The standard is the standard.

It's Monday and I'm still warm on this brisk PA morning.

giphy.webp

Northern Illinois got 1.4 million to play ND. Illinois State got 650k to play at Iowa last weekend. Most do get paid, huge part of their Athletic Department budgets.
I think Western Kentucky got 1.9 million to play Alabama Week 1.

What position is he being recruited for?

Not totally football related but 93.7 just reporting that Pitt AD Heather Lyke has been fired.

Man…..this must be exciting times for the topseed family! Great on him! Mom and Dad must be tickled pink….keep us in the loop. I could be getting mixed up,but TE,correct?
What position is he being recruited for?
We are very proud and excited about the future. I feel like I am living every dad's dream! Well, let's say most dads, anyway. He is being recruited as a tight end.

How much does NIL money come up in the various recruiting meetings? Do some schools quote actual numbers or is it just vague promises that there will be opportunities to earn money?
NIL talks come up fairly often, but typically specifics are not discussed until official visits. There are similarities, but every school handles it a bit differently.

We are very proud and excited about the future. I feel like I am living every dad's dream! Well, let's say most dads, anyway. He is being recruited as a tight end.
I can imagine the decision could also be somewhat stressful as there are a lot of things to consider. The ability to transfer helps compared to the days where players had to sit out a year. Anyway, good luck.

I can imagine the decision could also be somewhat stressful as there are a lot of things to consider. The ability to transfer helps compared to the days where players had to sit out a year. Anyway, good luck.
Thank you. The process was getting to be a grind, and honestly it was a bit relieving when he committed in July. But his recrutiment will be ongoing until signing day. We are happy with his decision, but there are also things we want to watch during the actual season -- three of his top choices have new offensive coordinators in 2024. He would rather find a home and not be a portal guy, hopefully.

He didn’t choose Notre Dame ?!?
Great school for tight end prospects..
JK!
😁
Love to hear good things happening for people!
Your living every Fathers dream..
Enjoy the ride!
What an exciting time for your son and family!
Wishing yinz the best of everything !

He didn’t choose Notre Dame ?!?
Great school for tight end prospects..
JK!
😁
Love to hear good things happening for people!
Your living every Fathers dream..
Enjoy the ride!
What an exciting time for your son and family!
Wishing yinz the best of everything !
Thank you, sir!

We were actually contemplating a visit to South Bend this fall, but after that debacle on Saturday...? Up in the air now.

She was AD of the year last year...WTF?
Hosts on 93.7 are speculating that she has been openly fielding offers from other schools and Pitt’s new chancellor said if you don’t want to be here then there’s the door. Something about volunteers and not hostages, I dunno….

They hit the DisLyke button
During her tenure the lesser, i.e. non-revenue, sports have become some of the best in the nation but football and men’s basketball are still mid-pack at best.

Ahem...Uncle Berm suggest Tuscaloosa...that way we can enjoy the games together🤪🤣😊