• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 2

Pic by OU on their side of the field

UH holds them to a FG attempt which was missed

still 14-12

Coogs hold on 3rd down, OU has to punt at the 2:00 mark of the 4th quarter

coogs with all three timeouts, waiting on the punt after the 2:00 timeout

last chance and the OC is calling quick passes and not going deep at all with under 20 seconds

defence played a good game

held OU offense scoreless in the 2nd half

offense really needs a different approach the OC is a ******* idiot

still on the road against the #15 team after getting bithslapped last week....gotta be satisfied with this performance

Quit being a ***** and call him a racist. We all know that’s what you mean. It’s funny coming from one of the biggest racists on this board though. Deion Sanders is a terrible coach btw. Does that make me a racist too?
Never meant to imply that. Not should you have assumed it.

The topic of racism has nothing to do with his hate for our head coach. My comment asked him "why does he have negative issues with Primetime".

About your feelings about me - put me on ignore and then you don't need to see or read my posts. Have a nice ******* day.

Rough night family. Rough night.

Notably, Bama seems to have "woke up" sometime between me logging off and dealing with Max's death.

It's going to be ok in Tuscaloosa. The OL is shuffling because our NFL LT had been out. USF is not the slouch the media (and some of us) thought they were. No game is a cake walk anymore - just ask Notre Dame.

@Ye Black Knight has put a foul taste in my mouth so I'm going to "take a break" from here lest I say something that cannot be walked back.

Berm out.

Rough night family. Rough night.

Notably, Bama seems to have "woke up" sometime between me logging off and dealing with Max's death.

It's going to be ok in Tuscaloosa. The OL is shuffling because our NFL LT had been out. USF is not the slouch the media (and some of us) thought they were. No game is a cake walk anymore - just ask Notre Dame.

@Ye Black Knight has put a foul taste in my mouth so I'm going to "take a break" from here lest I say something that cannot be walked back.

Berm out.
Sleep it off and come back strong. We need all college fanatics on deck to help with the updates this year as I zoom in closer earlier to these prospects.

Who is Max you are referencing?

So to get to your juices flowing who do you like as a NFL prospect for bama right now?

I am looking at all QBs, WRs, CBs, DEs and RBs as these might be upcoming Steelers draft picks.

Some of the ones I started to like took a hit as far as being somewhat quiet yesterday but way too early for me to knee jerk. I like Travis Hunter as a WR and me and MTC were taking a look at Nash Hutmacher last night. He looks like a future Steeler.

College Football Week 2

Not too many good matchups this week

Bowling Green at 8 Penn State 12:00 BTN PSU -35
Penn State looked really good vs West Virginia. Everyone knew the defense would be good but the offense was the question. The new offense was dynamic. Tons of formations to keep a defense guessing.

Last year the offense scored points against bad team by wearing them down. Even against weak opponents, there were few big plays. I don't expect this game vs BG to be competitive for very long so I hope we see some splash plays early. PSU has a Bye next week which is strange.

3 Texas at 10 Michigan 12:00 FOX Tex -7.5
There are only 2 matchups of ranked teams this week but this is by far the biggest. Texas was impressive last week and Michigan looked sluggish vs Fresno State. Was Michigan holding back, trying not to show anything? Michigan has a 23 game home win streak. They better not come out sluggish vs Texas or that will reset to 0.

Iowa State at 21 Iowa 3:30 CBS Iowa -3
This is usually a good game. Iowa has a new OC and they scored 40 last week vs Illinois State. That's a big deal because last year they couldn't score much even against bad teams. Michigan transfer QB Cade McNamara missed most of last year but he's healthy now and had a strong game.

19 Kansas at Illinois 7:00 FS1 Kan -4.5
not many interesting games this week. This one could at least be a good matchup.

14 Tennessee at 24 NC State 7:30 ABC Tenn -10
the other mnatchup of ranked teams. Tenn beat up on Tenn Chattanooga last week. New Tenn QB Nico Iamaleava had a great game. NC State will be a better test. They led the ACC with 17 INT last year. NC State had to come from behind against an FCS team but scored the last 21 to win. Did that battle harden them or do they just stink?

Colorado at Nebraska 7:30 NBC Neb -7
All eyes will be on the QBs, Shedeur Sanders for Colorado and top QB recruit Dominic Raiola who looked great in his debut last week. Colorado's OL struggled vs ND State but they didn;t have the athletes to track down Shedeur for the actual sacks. Nebraska does. This would be a huge national TV win for a Nebraska program trying to get back to relevant.

Houston at 15 Oklahoma 7:45 SEC Network OU -28
Houston lost to UNLV last week so this may be a blowout but scraping to find decent games this week.

Northern Arizona at 20 Arizona 10:00 ESPN+
This is only noteworth because Arizona has an awesome WR, Tetairoa McMillan. He's 6'5 and supposedly runs in the 4.3 range. Last week he had 304 yards and 4 TD on just 10 receptions.

You know I love your college write ups.

Why was Tetairoa quiet yesterday for those who watched that game?

WTF was the Penn State D doing in the first half? Did Franklin have them stay in the locker room until the 2nd half? They should have crushed Bowling Green. Hopefully, this is a wake up call. I'll take the win but they should have won by 3 TD's.

Dino is on suicide watch
Dino check in please
LOL...thanks for the concern Charlie....but in the famous words of Papillion....
"I'm still here!".. :)

Obviously an embarrassment to the university and the legends of the Notre Dame football program.

But that's what you get when you hire a young man that has never been given the total responsibility of a major college football program...especially one as prestigious as Notre Dame.

Riley Leonard either has regressed since his days at Duke. or he cant handle the pressure that comes along with being the starting QB of the Fighting Irish.

Looks to me like the head coach and starting QB are both in over their heads....and that's not good obviously.

Hats off and mega kudos to N. Illinois, especially their Offensive Line and their coaching staff.

On to Purdue.

Well a few weeks in and we've already had some "ranked" pretenders exposed. The biggest one was FSU. They're poof already.

The others I suppose still have plenty of time to right the ship with a 12 team playoff this year.

I hope the smaller program schools who sacrifice their football teams to extreme humiliation and embarrassment, get a lot of money.

I'd hate to be on the losing end of a 50,60,70+ point blowout from a team they had no buisness playing in the first place.

Sleep it off and come back strong. We need all college fanatics on deck to help with the updates this year as I zoom in closer earlier to these prospects.

Who is Max you are referencing?

So to get to your juices flowing who do you like as a NFL prospect for bama right now?

I am looking at all QBs, WRs, CBs, DEs and RBs as these might be upcoming Steelers draft picks.

Some of the ones I started to like took a hit as far as being somewhat quiet yesterday but way too early for me to knee jerk. I like Travis Hunter as a WR and me and MTC were taking a look at Nash Hutmacher last night. He looks like a future Steeler.

Read about Max in the concession part of the forum. Happened last night😞

I love Jalen Milroe's abilities and leadership - excellent teammate.
We met Jalen Milroe on my son's official visit to Alabama. Great kid, took about 15-20 minutes talking with us after dinner one night. He's going to need some development, though, to be a good NFL prospect.

CJ Dippre, Bama's starting tight end, is also a quality person. We got to know him very well. He's a PA kid from Scranton. Rooting for him to have a solid senior season and hopefully get drafted on day 2 or early day 3.

Well a few weeks in and we've already had some "ranked" pretenders exposed. The biggest one was FSU. They're poof already.

The others I suppose still have plenty of time to right the ship with a 12 team playoff this year.

I hope the smaller program schools who sacrifice their football teams to extreme humiliation and embarrassment, get a lot of money.

I'd hate to be on the losing end of a 50,60,70+ point blowout from a team they had no buisness playing in the first place.
Surprised at that Houston team hitting rock bottom, waiting for that bama team to exposed just the worst.

😁

Dont sweat this year it’s gonna be a bumpy road
Just enjoy the games and be proud Champiions!
Also you have to respect Michigan for scheduling a team like Texas, instead of just another MAC cupcake.

Read about Max in the concession part of the forum. Happened last night😞
Just read it. Sorry about Max, Berm always sucks to lose a family member and being a huge animal lover it is definitely upsetting to hear the bad news.

We met Jalen Milroe on my son's official visit to Alabama. Great kid, took about 15-20 minutes talking with us after dinner one night. He's going to need some development, though, to be a good NFL prospect.

CJ Dippre, Bama's starting tight end, is also a quality person. We got to know him very well. He's a PA kid from Scranton. Rooting for him to have a solid senior season and hopefully get drafted on day 2 or early day 3.
Hey Top….you probably posted it and I never saw it. How did your son make out? Where’s he playing?

Once more ND lays an egg. Every year ranked and really, play a no name get beat, proud they play Purdue next week. Yea won a game on missed field goal. Then Colorado slammed down our throats again, barely beat a non first division team then get handed a beating by Nebraska. Oh, yea they already in my area, on TV next week. Georgia does look the part,

Teams like Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, Maryland, and UCLA would fit in just fine as non-descript ACC teams that are easy wins for good teams.
The Big10 is 104-77-2 vs the ACC. It’s a tougher conference.