• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 3

It was a solid couple of seasons for Pitt, but it stings to lose to a crappy WVU team. Pitt looks like they're poised for a 3-win season and currently have the worst QB in D1 football. I'm not sure if Cignetti or Canada is a worse OC.

Penn State's OL has not improved like most thought and said it did. Without a mobile QB, this will be an issue when playing the big boys. The D isn't very good against the run which will be an issue as well. The D was supposed to be very good this year. They did get a bunch of turnovers against Illinois but can they do that against the big boys. Next week against Iowa will show a lot. Their 1st ranked opponent and their first decent opponent. Beat them and they should head to Ohio State at 6-0 but I am not confident they can beat Iowa. Also, what happened to their 2 great RB's? They supposedly had a worse OL last year and those guys put up some great runs pretty much weekly. So far in 3 games, they've done very little. I don't think either of them has ripped off a long run yet this season and against 3 scrub teams.

I watched the Colorado-Colorado State game. Talk about an epic game....it had it all from an entertainment point of view. I can’t stand Neon.....but give him credit. State had 499 yds of O. Real rivalry,hatred game. Great stuff.

I watched the Colorado-Colorado State game. Talk about an epic game....it had it all from an entertainment point of view. I can’t stand Neon.....but give him credit. State had 499 yds of O. Real rivalry,hatred game. Great stuff.
That Horton kid for CSU is gonna be an nfl player. He damn near took over the game

It was a solid couple of seasons for Pitt, but it stings to lose to a crappy WVU team. Pitt looks like they're poised for a 3-win season and currently have the worst QB in D1 football. I'm not sure if Cignetti or Canada is a worse OC.
Pains me to say it, but Jurkovec needs to be benched. It’s a shame, he was a super blue chip recruit and thought to be a future NFL player. He’s regressed terribly.

Pains me to say it, but Jurkovec needs to be benched. It’s a shame, he was a super blue chip recruit and thought to be a future NFL player. He’s regressed terribly.
He was 10-32 for 139 yards last week but because he threw 3 tds some guys gave him a pass
This week he was 8-20 for 81 yards with no tds and 3 picks.
Narduzzi hates benching qbs… he may lose out if he refuses to

When you’re 6’5” and 220, you get that. He’s always been overrated as a prospect and limited with what he could do on the field. The problem is now is it looks like his arm is shot and the guy couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn. The game plan last night was to not throw the ball. Send him to the bench.

He was 10-32 for 139 yards last week but because he threw 3 tds some guys gave him a pass
This week he was 8-20 for 81 yards with no tds and 3 picks.
Narduzzi hates benching qbs… he may lose out if he refuses to
He also wasn’t very good against Wofford, but the numbers looked okay because he was playing a JV team. Failed the eye test though.

As much as JMM enjoyed the game, there's no accounting for taste, (;)) I turned it off after the second INT.
If Veilleux or even Yarnell aren't under center next week the NC game will be even uglier, if that's possible.

They need to clean up the stupid penalties as well, it maybe my imagination but seems they drew a lot more flags than WVU.

When you’re 6’5” and 220, you get that. He’s always been overrated as a prospect and limited with what he could do on the field. The problem is now is it looks like his arm is shot and the guy couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn. The game plan last night was to not throw the ball. Send him to the bench.
Yeah. Elite athleticism and size but bad field vision.

Bama's streak of 128 straight weeks in the top 10 is snapped as they drop to 13.

Penn State's OL has not improved like most thought and said it did. Without a mobile QB, this will be an issue when playing the big boys. The D isn't very good against the run which will be an issue as well. The D was supposed to be very good this year. They did get a bunch of turnovers against Illinois but can they do that against the big boys. Next week against Iowa will show a lot. Their 1st ranked opponent and their first decent opponent. Beat them and they should head to Ohio State at 6-0 but I am not confident they can beat Iowa. Also, what happened to their 2 great RB's? They supposedly had a worse OL last year and those guys put up some great runs pretty much weekly. So far in 3 games, they've done very little. I don't think either of them has ripped off a long run yet this season and against 3 scrub teams.
It appears that Fashanu was vastly overrated. He still may end up going high in the draft, but that was a shlt game.

Has a 'Bama team been ranked outside the top 10 at any point in time in the last 15 years or so?
'Cause this one ....

Actually, the last time Alabama was ranked outside of the top ten was the last week of September, 2015. They got back in the following week and went on to win the national championship. Can't see that happening with this squad.

What I seen Saturday left me doubting the Iowa game too. Allar looked very pedestrian and Illinois is not even in the same league as what they will see at Iowa next week, and that isn't even close to the the OSU and UMs of the world.

I was surprised everyone was still raving about them after the game. Illinois practically handed them the game with the turnovers.

They better shore up the run defense pretty quick.

So, IMHO, when Franklin drops a home game against Iowa, with all the hype, he should be on a warm seat. Losses to Iowa, UM and OSU will put PSU outta playoff contention yet again. They are putting like 700 mill. into Beaver Stadium upgrades, so the could surely buy out JF. I know...will never happen. One can always hope tho.

For some reason, under James Franklin, PSU struggles with Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota. I don’t know why, and I can’t explain it, but every year they play those three, they can’t get out of their own way. It’s bizarre.

For some reason, under James Franklin, PSU struggles with Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota. I don’t know why, and I can’t explain it, but every year they play those three, they can’t get out of their own way. It’s bizarre.

I don't know, I seem to remember another high profile PSU coach that left Iowa and Minnesota ruin a few seasons.

Georgia got the "Can't Get Right" washed off...leading the game now. Not so w/ Bama and Buchner. This kid is Charles Barkley "turrible"...
As a Notre Dame fan, Buchner lost his starting job to Drew Pyne. He is a great runner but couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. I also don't miss Tommy Rees. Still shocked Bama would want either guy.