• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 4

The media created Colorado as a contender. Now this week we’ll get them saying Tsk Tsk, we told you rubes that Colorado is not a great team.
First problem would be anyone taking the media's word as gospel.
Second issue would be that anyone with even a smidge of commonsense and/or football sense should have known that Colorado would be improved this year (almost impossible not to be), but most likely nowhere near a contender.

Sounds like you have a personal issue with Deion.
The only issue I have with Sanders is his arrogance, and feel that way about anyone with an inflated ego. That said, if they can back it up I could chalk it off to confidence, but in this case it should be a serving of humble pie, but I doubt that will occur.

The only issue I have with Sanders is his arrogance, and feel that way about anyone with an inflated ego. That said, if they can back it up I could chalk it off to confidence, but in this case it should be a serving of humble pie, but I doubt that will occur.
I feel where you're coming from. I've been waiting for Saban to get his humble pie for years.

Oregon's coach probably gonna get cases of booze and cigars from fellow coaches after putting this beatdown on Deion.

Bama will be all over transfer portal for a QB next year. I think they tried this year but it's their own success that likely stopped them getting a guy. Why do guys transfer? Either they are a starter on a bad team and want to start and win on a good team, or they are not starting and want playing time.

I bet most guys in transfer portal assumed bama had another top QB lined up to start this year so why transfer there? Now next year, potential transfers will know they have a real shot to start day 1.

Bama will be all over transfer portal for a QB next year. I think they tried this year but it's their own success that likely stopped them getting a guy. Why do guys transfer? Either they are a starter on a bad team and want to start and win on a good team, or they are not starting and want playing time.

I bet most guys in transfer portal assumed bama had another top QB lined up to start this year so why transfer there? Now next year, potential transfers will know they have a real shot to start day 1.
College football is going to have a lot more parity with transfer portals, NIL etc

College football is going to have a lot more parity with transfer portals, NIL etc

yep more parity with all teams paying guys instead of just some teams paying guys.

Reactions: GMC
Is there a salary cap on NIL? If not, won't the bigger schools just pay more and it will be the same old, same old, or worse?

Ohio State looking like they are going to lose because of analytics. In a 0-0 game late in the 2nd quarter, the little card said to go for the TD instead of taking the lead with a FG. They kick that FG and they'd probably be winning 16-14 now because they would not have had to go for it late.

Anayltics doesn't take the type of game into account. When you know you are in a tough, low scoring game, you need to bank every point you can.

It must have been a special kind of hell for the OSU and Steeler fan to see them fail on a jet sweep on 4th down.

Hoping OSU can pull this one out. Don't want ND taking up a playoff spot.

That's a BS grounding call. He did have a WR in the general area. He had 2 guys on him when he threw it.

Ohio State got lucky D.J. Brown had the hands of Ike Taylor or that game was over. You can't give up a 16-yard pass to the goal line. Both teams played great but OSU gained 1 more inch than ND.

Ohio State got lucky D.J. Brown had the hands of Ike Taylor or that game was over. You can't give up a 16-yard pass to the goal line. Both teams played great but OSU gained 1 more inch than ND.
Games turn on little moments. You point to DJ Brown. I say if JT Tuimoloau doesn't drop the interception he had when he stepped in front of the screen in the 4th, the game ain't over, but tOSU is leading and the pressure is squarely on ND.

Great game for Penn State. Complete domination. PSU had 45 minutes time of possession. Iowa had just 76 total yards.

Allar had a an impressive game. Only had 166 yards but Iowa's defense is designed to take away the deep ball, frustrate the QB and bait him into forcing throws. Allar did not take the bait. He took what the defense gave him and stayed disciplined. He did have some great throws. I'm impressed with his decision making.

The WRs still need to step up. They are still looking for somebody to step up behind KeAndre Lambert Smith

It appears PSU will be undefeated when they get to Ohio State. Next up is Northwestern, without their coach., then the Bye, then UMass, then OSU.