• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 4

The Buffs don't have their best player on the field. No excuse but don't discount that...
One player isn’t going to change the outcome. Oregon was better coached and had better depth top to bottom. Results would’ve been the same if Hunter played.

Ohio st vs Notre Dame was probably game of the week. Went down to 3 seconds. I also enjoyed Florida st vs Clemson.

Also congrats to my coach at UGA for joining some elite company with 85 wins at 100 games coached.

C3FFB300-58EF-4707-BE86-B8C57E932B6E.jpeg

My Buckeyes straight-up stole that game from ND, who was far more physical. Couldnt believe that ND didnt keep it on the ground that last possession. And then to end it with two straight plays with only ten dudes on the field on defense?? Ouch.

Great game for Penn State. Complete domination. PSU had 45 minutes time of possession. Iowa had just 76 total yards.

Allar had a an impressive game. Only had 166 yards but Iowa's defense is designed to take away the deep ball, frustrate the QB and bait him into forcing throws. Allar did not take the bait. He took what the defense gave him and stayed disciplined. He did have some great throws. I'm impressed with his decision making.

The WRs still need to step up. They are still looking for somebody to step up behind KeAndre Lambert Smith

It appears PSU will be undefeated when they get to Ohio State. Next up is Northwestern, without their coach., then the Bye, then UMass, then OSU.
No deep balls or even attempts and the run game is very disappointing. They averaged barely over 3 YPC and have been doing that all year so far. That is horrible in college football, especially with 2 very good RB's. This O will struggle big time against Ohio State and Michigan. They need to practice the deep or even mid-yardage throws and fix the run game in the next 2 games before playing Ohio State. I hope they can do it. They will have to air it out and get big plays to come from behind at some point.

My Buckeyes straight-up stole that game from ND, who was far more physical. Couldnt believe that ND didnt keep it on the ground that last possession. And then to end it with two straight plays with only ten dudes on the field on defense?? Ouch.
Is that for real? They only had ten guys on the field for the last two plays?

Apparently that did happen and seems to be trending. The coach seems to have justified it by saying he didn't want to get penalized and give up what, a few inches? That's kinda hard to believe. That was an exciting ending. I was pulling for ND. If I was an Irish fan, that would be hard to swallow.

No deep balls or even attempts and the run game is very disappointing. They averaged barely over 3 YPC and have been doing that all year so far. That is horrible in college football, especially with 2 very good RB's. This O will struggle big time against Ohio State and Michigan. They need to practice the deep or even mid-yardage throws and fix the run game in the next 2 games before playing Ohio State. I hope they can do it. They will have to air it out and get big plays to come from behind at some point.

They absolutely need to figure out how to stretch the field and have some sort of deep threat the next 2 games or it wont be enough against UM or OSU.

I think PSU has been playing it pretty close to the vest given the way the defense has been playing. At least I hope they have anyways.

Pretty fun day of football. Oregon bringing Dion and the gang back to earth, and watching Irish tears filling the stadium in South Bend.

Last edited:
That visual on first 100 games is so bogus with regards to Saban. He lost 25 games in five seasons at Michigan State. If the visual is just showing SEC coaches, why doesn't it show 5 seasons at LSU before going to 'Bama? Saban went to Bama in 2007 but lost 16 games at LSU in those 5 years. In the real world...Saban lost 36 games out of his first 100. They cherry picked his fist 100 games at Alabama.

there were a handful of times where it looked like Allar was loading up to throw deep but then threw underneath. I didn't see an all 22 view so i don't know if he had open guys downfield. I'm guessing not, because the broadcast surely would have shown replays of him missing wide open guys.

Congrats to Buckeye fans...
That was a tough one to lose..especially the way it went down ..
good college football game though..

Iowa has no QB, their OL is soft and the White Out was the12th man for PSU. Disappointing game if you are Hawkeye fan as PSU had their way with them all game. Was ugly. PSU's D and OL are very good.