• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 5

Oregon at Stanford. That Bucky Irving sure can run. A little bit of Bell in him.

Brock is the better athlete by and far imo

I believe Washington has good hands,with a little polish on route running and utilizing that massive frame he can be a weapon. yeah, I know athletically,Bowers is elite.

Certainly a Round 1 Top 10 draft pick barring injury or doing something dumb.

i was expecting a slow start and somewhat flat performance from PSU but not like that. The game was never really in doubt because the defense is so good but this offense is frustrating. I was expecting this to be a breakout with some big plays. They wore NW down and did end up scoring 41 but that was because the defense just smothered NW aside from a few QB scrambles.

Their starting OG got injured early. Maybe that led to the mediocre OL performance but it shouldn't have. The blocking was OK but it was just creases, no big holes against what was the worst run defense in the B10. RB Kaytron Allen was injured as well, but again, that should not have led to such struggles.

Allar was off all day. I'm wondering if he had an injured hand or something. He's been accurate all year but today so many throws were off target. Lots of ducks too when he usually throws a tight spiral.

The WRs are still not doing enough. There were 3 or 4 times it appeared the WR ran the wrong route. Better hit that transfer portal hard for next year. With a QB like Allar, they should be able to attract a good one. PSU did switch WR coaches this year, maybe that's adding to a learning curve? They better get it figured out.

The defense gave up a few big QB runs on 3rd a very long. They better get that fixed. Aside from that, the defense was great again.

Feels like a good time for a BYE. They can use a week to work on fundamentals rather that gameplan.

I'm really hoping Penn State is keeping a lot of their offense hidden because they haven't needed it and the playbook will expand vs Ohio State in 3 weeks.

USC has statistically one of the worst defenses in the country. Notre Dame should be able to pound them in a few weeks. Caleb Williams wins or loses the heisman in that game. The only chance USC has is Caleb Williams going off.

I can see USC losing 4 games. ND, Utah, Wash, and Oregon. Utah is the only one of those I think USC wins unless them magically learn to play some defense.

There's no way Georgia should be 1 in the next poll and the thought of #1 Michigan makes me gag.

Franklin will lose to Day again. It's an annual thing. PSU has no real impressive passing game and the run game is very disappointing...not sure if it's coaching or strength training or what, but the PSU OL is not good at run blocking.

USC has statistically one of the worst defenses in the country. Notre Dame should be able to pound them in a few weeks. Caleb Williams wins or loses the heisman in that game. The only chance USC has is Caleb Williams going off.

I can see USC losing 4 games. ND, Utah, Wash, and Oregon. Utah is the only one of those I think USC wins unless them magically learn to play some defense.

There's no way Georgia should be 1 in the next poll and the thought of #1 Michigan makes me gag.

Does it feel like a Hairball in your throat?

i was expecting a slow start and somewhat flat performance from PSU but not like that. The game was never really in doubt because the defense is so good but this offense is frustrating. I was expecting this to be a breakout with some big plays. They wore NW down and did end up scoring 41 but that was because the defense just smothered NW aside from a few QB scrambles.

Their starting OG got injured early. Maybe that led to the mediocre OL performance but it shouldn't have. The blocking was OK but it was just creases, no big holes against what was the worst run defense in the B10. RB Kaytron Allen was injured as well, but again, that should not have led to such struggles.

Allar was off all day. I'm wondering if he had an injured hand or something. He's been accurate all year but today so many throws were off target. Lots of ducks too when he usually throws a tight spiral.

The WRs are still not doing enough. There were 3 or 4 times it appeared the WR ran the wrong route. Better hit that transfer portal hard for next year. With a QB like Allar, they should be able to attract a good one. PSU did switch WR coaches this year, maybe that's adding to a learning curve? They better get it figured out.

The defense gave up a few big QB runs on 3rd a very long. They better get that fixed. Aside from that, the defense was great again.

Feels like a good time for a BYE. They can use a week to work on fundamentals rather that gameplan.

I'm really hoping Penn State is keeping a lot of their offense hidden because they haven't needed it and the playbook will expand vs Ohio State in 3 weeks.
Their run game has been non-existent in every game. It is really bizarre with 2 very good RB's. The run game is much worse than last year and it is hurting Allar as well. Hopefully, Franklin can get it figured out over the bye week or they won't have a chance against Ohio State and Michigan.

Their run game has been non-existent in every game. It is really bizarre with 2 very good RB's. The run game is much worse than last year and it is hurting Allar as well. Hopefully, Franklin can get it figured out over the bye week or they won't have a chance against Ohio State and Michigan.
Is their o line intact from last year? That's where it all begins and ends as we know.

Is their o line intact from last year? That's where it all begins and ends as we know.
It's supposed to have improved. At least, that is what the pundits were saying. Apparently, they were wrong or they have the same coaching staff as the Steelers. No big runs and a ton of negative, 0, or 1-yard runs.

It's supposed to have improved. At least, that is what the pundits were saying. Apparently, they were wrong or they have the same coaching staff as the Steelers. No big runs and a ton of negative, 0, or 1-yard runs.
Interesting. Usually a line only gets better with time unless they are dinged up.

where is this ? Korea?

You're close.
It's Durham NC.

After the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 23-18 victory over the Las Vegas Raiders, some fans lightened up on the Matt Canada leash ever so slightly. Many did not, including someone in the College GameDay crowd at Durham, N.C. for the Notre Dame-Duke game.

Blitzburgh grabbed a screenshot of the prominent sign in all its glory — it’s not just Fire Matt Canada — it’s Still Fire Matt [Canadian flag]. This guy isn’t being fooled by the 23 points the offense put up over a bad Vegas defense.

Well Pitt found a way to be horrible again.. lol…
I know they lost a lot of talent but that isn’t an excuse for losing like they have…. Portal transfer QBs shouldn’t be your primary plan… that stagnant offense taxes the D …

I know they lost a lot of talent but that isn’t an excuse for losing like they have…. Portal transfer QBs shouldn’t be your primary plan… that stagnant offense taxes the D …
I was thinking about this and believe they could make a great case to the NCAA to adopt a draft each year.
Players are starting to get paid, few care about a degree, and it would level the playing field.

The draft parties would epic. With their 1st pick at number 382, in the 2024 NCAA college draft Alabama selects.........

Franklin will lose to Day again. It's an annual thing. PSU has no real impressive passing game and the run game is very disappointing...not sure if it's coaching or strength training or what, but the PSU OL is not good at run blocking.

Yes this offense just isn't going to cut it in a few weeks. In fact I could see them losing to a Maryland or something along the way too if they don't get this offense fixed and start games better. And really, 5 games in you are what you are I am afraid.

They can't rely on the defense to keep them in a game till they get going in the second half all year....Nope.

And to top of off Allen got injured yesterday?

When you keep starting the worst QB in college football it's not difficult. At this point it appears the team has given up on the season and for good reason. They can't win with Jurkovec in the lineup. I've never seen such a starting QB so bad.