• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 5

I passed out at sometime and woke up in time for the last 8 minutes🤪🤪🤪
I guess that answers the question...lol

steel dino

Well-known member​

Forefather
Contributor

JoinedApr 18, 2014Messages6,170Reaction score6,410Points113LocationDelmarva pennisula
Berm you still lucid?

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete
  • Haha
Reactions:Stainless and Lunar

Last edited:
They need to do away with conference championship games. Consider that with the new playoff, the top 4 teams get a bye. Those top 4 teams must be a conference champion. I assume that means the winner of conference championship is crowned champ. So What if Bama goes unbeaten and then loses in the SEC championship to maybe a 2 loss team? That 2 loss team is getting a bye and Bama is playing a first round playoff game.

Or a worse scenario, your conference has 2 teams that could make a playoff, but you force them to play each other and now you only get 1 playoff team for your conference.

Competitively It makes zero sense to still have conference championship games. But money money money.
With an expanded playoff, it’s also extra wear and tear. I completely agree with this new format competitively the conference title games make no sense. However, since not all teams play head-to-head they won’t get rid of them on top of the most important money factor.

I think the most unbelievable thing about the Ga/Alabama game is that Georgia ever had the lead. I guess Alabama not completely gagging after that is also pretty unbelievable.

I'm curious to hear topseed's report from the sideline.
Unbelievable game, incredible atmosphere. Got on the field for warmups, and our seats for the game were right behind the endzone, row 2. We were maybe 20 feet away from where Williams was celebrating the game-winning touchdown. That kid is 17 years old; can't imagine how good he'll be as a junior.

Just an unforgettable overall experience -- college football doesn't get any better than that! Gave the boy something to truly think about.