• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 6

I was confused when you said PSU stays at 10.
I meant stays in top 10 at 10
Looks like there getting lots of love at 7

Kentucky is fricking 11th and has to travel to Georgia. I'll probably have some friends attending that game.

I was not happy with the game yesterday. We sucked it up from the very first play on defense...and Coach Saban didn't seem to have the normal fire in his eyes to get the team back on track.

Texas A&M was the better team and they should it by blitzing the crap out of Bryce Young. We never wore them down.

@MTC - Georgia will follow the blueprint and this may be a 2 loss season for the Tide...
Still some question marks on offense for the Dawgs but they are chugging along.

McConkey and Bowers look to be the downfield threats. Jackson is still injured, no Pickens yet this season, so the offense does have a lot of untapped potential

Kentucky is fricking 11th and has to travel to Georgia. I'll probably have some friends attending that game.

It would actually be best for the SEC if Kentucky somehow wins that. Then Kent makes it to the SEC champ game and loses to Bama. Then Bama and Georgia avoid playing each other and they both go into the playoff with 1 loss, assuming Bama beats Kentucky in the champ game. If Georgia goes unbeaten and faces Bama in the champ game, then it's must win for Bama.

Then again, it would not surprise me if they put a 2 loss Bama in the playoff.

I'm a bit surprised. What this means is most pollsters recognize PSU should have won and they are only slightly holding the Clifford injury against them. In the next few weeks, we'll find out Clifford's injury status and also likely get to see if they can win a game with the backup. PSU has a Bye so they have 2 weeks to get the backup reps and design a gameplan to fit him.

I'm really surprised Iowa is 2. I actually expected them to get jumped by Cincy and Oklahoma after OK had that big win vs Texas and the offense looked much better under their backup QB. Kind of a benching Hurts for Tua moment for Oklahoma.

Iowa actually has a 1st place vote in the coach's poll. I'm assuming that is a vote from the Iowa AD? Otherwise it must be from somebody who did not watch the game at all.

Love my ***. Lost by 3 to the third ranked team in the country and drop behind OSU who lost by a touchdown to #9 and struggled against Tulsa. Bama loses to a scrub team and drops to top 5? Eh, it'll all play out in the end. I'm just praying Clifford comes back in a week or so, If he's out, PSU's season is over.

Still some question marks on offense for the Dawgs but they are chugging along.

McConkey and Bowers look to be the downfield threats. Jackson is still injured, no Pickens yet this season, so the offense does have a lot of untapped potential

You've got virgins playing on your team............................................. :ROFLMAO::barbershop_quartet_

Salute the nation

Love my ***. Lost by 3 to the third ranked team in the country and drop behind OSU who lost by a touchdown to #9 and struggled against Tulsa. Bama loses to a scrub team and drops to top 5? Eh, it'll all play out in the end. I'm just praying Clifford comes back in a week or so, If he's out, PSU's season is over.
This was the first Saturday in forever that Bama looked mortal so its no surprise that they didnt plummet in the polls..what, did you think they were going to be ranked 10th or something? And they may not be world beaters, but A&M isnt anything close to a scrub. The polls show that theyre not looking at this one weekend within a vacuum, which they shouldn't

I'm a bit surprised. What this means is most pollsters recognize PSU should have won and they are only slightly holding the Clifford injury against them. In the next few weeks, we'll find out Clifford's injury status and also likely get to see if they can win a game with the backup. PSU has a Bye so they have 2 weeks to get the backup reps and design a gameplan to fit him.

I'm really surprised Iowa is 2. I actually expected them to get jumped by Cincy and Oklahoma after OK had that big win vs Texas and the offense looked much better under their backup QB. Kind of a benching Hurts for Tua moment for Oklahoma.

Iowa actually has a 1st place vote in the coach's poll. I'm assuming that is a vote from the Iowa AD? Otherwise it must be from somebody who did not watch the game at all.

Iowa is definitely a fraud at #2. No way that offense is good enough to hang with anyone in the playoffs. Unfortunately they have a soft schedule the rest of the way and will win the B10 West and I think lose in the championship game. Clifford doesn't get hurt and PSU scores 20 something more and wins that game going away.

Iowa is definitely a fraud at #2. No way that offense is good enough to hang with anyone in the playoffs. Unfortunately they have a soft schedule the rest of the way and will win the B10 West and I think lose in the championship game. Clifford doesn't get hurt and PSU scores 20 something more and wins that game going away.

have to hope for the best with the backup. Ta'Quan Roberson does have talent. He was a 4 star recruit and had an offer from Ohio State. It's just tough getting thrown into a game on the road against a good team. They were installing a new offense so Clifford probably got the huge majority of reps in camp and all practices.

have to hope for the best with the backup. Ta'Quan Roberson does have talent. He was a 4 star recruit and had an offer from Ohio State. It's just tough getting thrown into a game on the road against a good team. They were installing a new offense so Clifford probably got the huge majority of reps in camp and all practices.
Roberson is in his third year with the team and looked completely incompetent. I can see a guy struggling in that situation, but that is some of the worst QB play you'll see from a P5 QB, especially one on a team that recruits and has the talent like Penn State.

Roberson is in his third year with the team and looked completely incompetent. I can see a guy struggling in that situation, but that is some of the worst QB play you'll see from a P5 QB, especially one on a team that recruits and has the talent like Penn State.

Penn State had a different OC each of those 3 years. He's at square one again this year.

I'm not surprised. Cincinnati beat Temple, and Oklahoma was #6 to start with, and was losing most of the day. Why would either of those teams move ahead of Iowa, who was #3 and beat #4?
Penn State had a different OC each of those 3 years. He's at square one again this year.
I like how you make every excuse in the world for Roberson.

So how do you explain the complete opposite performance of Caleb Williams, the backup QB for Oklahoma? He's a TRUE FRESHMAN who didn't even play high school football in 2020 because of COVID...his last game action was almost two years ago as an 11th grader.

"Square one" my ***. Roberson sucks, and the Levis transfer left Penn State with their pants down at the quarterback position.

he played awful. I'm not denying that. Just pointing out what a tough situation it was.

In the 4th quarter, PSU's average staring field position was their own 13 yard line. So this kid is being thrown into his first meaningful action on the road in one of the toughest venues to play, you're playing a defense known for creating turnovers, you suck at running the ball and you keep having to take snaps backed up against your own goal. He was clearly very nervous. Had some plays there and missed.

Just saying that you can't write this kid off after that small sample in a hostile situation. He was 3rd on the depth chart last year so he probably got no reps. This year he's #2 and probably still gets few reps in practice because they installed a new offense, and they likely give Clifford the huge majority of reps. He got in a few games in garbage time but mostly handed off.

Justin Field first action with the Bears was a disaster. Coming off the bench for an injured Dalton vs Cincy he threw for just 60 yards. Next week vs Cleveland, he threw for 68 yards in the whole game. Then the next week vs Detroit, he was pretty good. I'll wait to judge Roberson until he gets some more playing time.