• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 6

My Aztecs are looking good against Hawaii, the MW #1 defense.

I missed all of the games this afternoon, I just checked the scores. Holy smokes did I read that right Vandy beat Bama.. 40-35. I didn't know they had it in them. That's certainly the biggest shocker of the day.

Damn Michigan needed that. holy **** this was starting to look like a blowout in the making.

I only watched the 4th quarter of the Bama game. I was busy today. I saw the score but I figured Bama would come back. From what I saw in the 4th quarter, this was no fluke win. It wasn't a blocked punt or a TD bouncing off a helmet or some trick plays. Vandy lined up and Bama couldn't stop them.

I wonder if Georgia's 2nd half exposed some cracks in the Bama defense. Whatever it is, they have a real problem on defense.

Bama picked the right year for this upset. With the expanded playoff, they are still in good shape. You have to figure 3 or 4 SEC teams are going to the playoff and Bama is still likely a favorite to make it.

MI fell from 9 to 17 after losing to Texas, AL should fall to at least 15 after losing to Vanderbilt

The Penn State game was a bit disappointing. At the end of the day, it was a solid win. They ended up dominating. The defense was great again, but they have to stop having coverage gaffs. It's a trend now that a few times per game they are giving up a big play on a short pass to a RB in the flat. Just losing track of him in coverage.

The offense was good today but we're still waiting to see the passing game look good. So far it's been OK. They hit some plays but again we see too many plays where nobody is open and Allar has to eat it. Allar still has too many tight window throws.

Are they holding back? Maybe, but we've been burned thinking that the last few years. Assuming the passing game would open up when they got against Ohio State only to see them run, get stopped and have no answers.

I don't need to see any more of backup QB Beau Pribula. Nobody is fooled by him doing RPO. Again, are they setting something up where they have some kind of trick play planned for later where he actually throws it? Maybe but right now it's a near wasted play. PSU does have 2 other pretty highly regarded QBs on the depth chart that are redshirting. I think they play Beau just as a thank you.

Kaytron Allen seems much faster when you don't see Nick Singleton alternating with him. I was glad they were able to rest Nick. Kaytron reminds of of Pecheco. Not flashy but tough and reliable.

TE Tyler Warren would be a real weapon in Arthur Smith's offense for the steelers. He can line up all over the formation, good blocker, athlete with the ball in his hands. I have a feeling he's going 1st round with all that versatility. I doubt the steelers spend a 1st on a TE.

Looks like they found a Kicker. Ryan Barker does not appear to have the big leg like the other guy but at least he doesn't have the Yips.

Next up USC. First big test for the defense. Will the offense just be able to overpower USC with the run like Michigan did? Maybe.

1 Bama and 9 Missouri already lost

Upsets brewing late

Each at the half
4 Tennessee losing 0-3 to Arkansas
10 Michigan down by 4 to Wash
11 USC tied at 10 with Minnesota

Imagine if 5 teams in the top 11 lose on the same day.

I'm throwing a few bucks on Cal against Miami on the money line. Let's ride this upset weekend all the way.

Washington should probably think about blitzing and not giving the backup QB all day to throw

Well the Backup is better than the dreck they have on the roster

he looks good for now, but I have a feeling they would not have been playing a RB at QB ahead of him if he wasn't shaky in practice.

It's tough for Wash though. You prepared all week to face Army and now you have to play against a passer.

he looks good for now, but I have a feeling they would not have been playing a RB at QB ahead of him if he wasn't shaky in practice.

It's tough for Wash though. You prepared all week to face Army and now you have to play against a passer.
We’re talking bout Practice
PRACTICE

Well alls I know he was decent last year in blow out wins is a Veteran and can’t be worse than what they have