• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 6

Tenn just let Arkansas score a TD to take the lead. Ark should have told their guys to down the ball and not score. Probably could have ran out the clock and kicked the chip shot FG for the win. Now Tenn has the ball with a chance to win and 2 TO left

well that sucked. guess our playoff hopes are over.

Not yet. Mich still only has 1 big 10 loss. If they can end the year with their only losses against Texas, Wash and Ohio State, then they'll likely be in the playoff.

So Penn Stare and Pitt are 5-0, and both seem to have legit stud QBs (pitt should send a thank you card to Alabama) ..
but Penn State has a D and Pitt is a D in transition...

Penn State is gonna have a rough next three weeks... if they can make it through that they will probably be in the playoffs

Pitt will be ranked in all the polls next week, meaning they will likely lose to Cal...

Holstein is the real deal. He carrys. The rest of the team looks like they are off the d1 scrap heap.

I can't ever remember a weekend like this.

All lost
1 Bama
4 Tennessee
9 Missouri
10 Michigan
11 USC

8 Miami down 21-10 to Cal in the 2nd.

If the polls weren't totally rigged in favor of SEC teams, they'd have to worry. They'll kick Mizz down the stairs but the others will get soft landings.

Have to give Minn credit. They had a 4th down at the 1 in a tie game vs USC. They could have kicked the FG and took the lead. They went for the TD and got it and the win. USC easily drove to FG range on their final drive but couldn't get the TD.

Cam Ward's draft stock should drop from this game with Cal. Not only does it show him making horrible mistakes, but it also looks like he doesn't give a ****.

Somebody is going to have to explain to me when 'Bama only drops to #7 how a top ten team can possibly lose to Vanderbilt.

Texas.

I have good reason to believe that both Bama, who nearly lost to Georgia, and Georgia who nearly lost to Kentucky, aren’t all that good this year.
Georgia definitely looks out of sync and Bama, wtf…just lost to Vandy…good lawd…if that doesn’t show vulnerability I don’t know what does

Texas does look tough, hate to say it but yeah they should be 1 imo

Penn State has no backup QB - Pribula is just a RB who can throw every now and then. They may have found a kicker. No chance against OSU and they may struggle to get to the playoffs with 2, maybe 3 losses.
i don't see state losing more than 2 games(both to OSU), as long as allar is healthy. probably have a home playoff game because it doesn't look like there will be many 1 loss teams outside the conference champs. they could drop one or more of the games outside the OSU game, but i wouldn't bet on them losing to any team not named OSU on their schedule, including the conference championship game. that's a good squad. at least the 3rd best team in the B10. i don't think they get penalized to bad if they lose twice to OSU.

While I think Texas should be #1, my feeling is that Ohio State will be the new #1.
i hope OSU finishes the season #1 so we can pick Arlington instead texas getting to play there if we get to the semis.

'Bama will probably drop from #1 to #3 with Georgia going back to #1 with these stupid SEC slanted polls.
Well you were spot on to what the ESPN poll was today. Bama loses to Vanderbilt drops 2 spots. Not that it really matters because MI does not deserve to be in the playoffs at this point, BUT. MI loses to ******* TEXAS and drops 8 spots then they lose to a team that was in the national championship game last year in a revenge game and dropped so far they are not even ranked anymore.

The SEC **** gobbling is absolutely sickening.

well that sucked. guess our playoff hopes are over.
Yeah hopefully. And hopefully all of your wins from when Stalions was on your sidelines are forfeited because you are a bunch of ******* cheaters. Let’s hope justice prevails. Harbaugh got the hell out before anything could happen to him so hopefully he falls flat on his face in the NFL like he deserves.

Yeah hopefully. And hopefully all of your wins from when Stalions was on your sidelines are forfeited because you are a bunch of ******* cheaters. Let’s hope justice prevails. Harbaugh got the hell out before anything could happen to him so hopefully he falls flat on his face in the NFL like he deserves.
Get the **** over it. I would bet my house that there isn't a NCAA team out there that hasn't done the same or worse, Even Saben said pretty much the same thing. Even the mighty Alabama had there cheating scandle I believe is was about illegal recruiting if I'm not mistaken. but I don't recall near the bitching about that. so piss off.

Absolute lock that Carolina beats Pitt today. Nardumbzi shows again that he is one of the worst coaches in D1 against an awful Carolina team.
Whoops.

Got to know Coach Narduzzi very well. He's likable, personable, and I'm rooting for him and Pitt. It took balls for him to bring Bell in out of nowhere to be the OC, and they've become fun to watch. First 5-0 start fo the Panthers since '91. Give the guy some credit.

Not yet. Mich still only has 1 big 10 loss. If they can end the year with their only losses against Texas, Wash and Ohio State, then they'll likely be in the playoff.
No Big Ten team with 3 losses is making the playoff. Not going to happen.

Anyone making fun of Vanderbilt hasn't been paying attention. They have a good team this year. Beat Virginia Tech. Took Missouri to OT on the road.

Yes, it's a bad loss for Alabama, but it's nowhere near being a They lost to Vandy, they should drop 15 spots type of situation.

Bama #7
Tenn #8

Tenn only dropped 4 spots for a loss to unranked Arkansas. If Penn State had lost to unranked UCLA, they would have dropped like 12 spots.

Michigan was dropped 14 spots for a close road loss to Washington.

SEC poll bias alive and well. Now their mission is to try to get 5 or 6 SEC teams in the playoff.