• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 8

last years playoff teams look bad with the exception of Texas. I can see MI with 5 or 6 loses, Washington with 6 loses and Alabama with 4 loses this year. freaking crazy how quick you can go from elite to suck.

Time to watch something good.
View attachment 13198
Don't you hate it when you go out for a good dinner only to come back and find random teenagers have had sex, drank your beer and gotten murdered in your house? Damned kids..

No love for the best team in College football…..The Oregon Ducks? Who should be #1

As soon as NIL was a thing, everyone knew Phil Knight was gonna use the Nike money to buy Oregon all the championships... well until OSU throws a fit over becoming a second class citizen in its own conference, at least..🤣

I missed the game yesterday. I was in Tampa helping hurricane victims all day. Came home and found out that Bama lost.

I'm not mad. I hope Coach DeBeor is gone...
Is this his first year?

Kudos for helping the people out. Were you part of a group organization? Or just showed up seeing what you could do? I ask as that is right up my alley for what I like to do…

Is this his first year?

Kudos for helping the people out. Were you part of a group organization? Or just showed up seeing what you could do? I ask as that is right up my alley for what I like to do…
Yes. It's his first year. I'm watching the game now.

IMO - Bama had 3 apple turnovers (in their favor) and could not produce points on 2 of them INSIDE of Tennessee's half. Over 10 penalties in the first half.

This is NOT Bama football. Where's our running game outside of Milroe???

SMH

As far as helping...I went to lend a helping hand on my own accord.

I feel a lot better about the game this week. Coach DeBoer better have it game plan together because the rumblings have already started...

#buyout
So would love to hear you explain this to me. My team Notre Dame lost to a dog early. Won a tough game in a graveyard for playoff hopefuls in Texas to start season. Beat Louisville. Beat the other teams I'm front of them. Some of them decent programs.
Alabama had a great win vs. Georgia. Lost to a 24 point dog. Lost again yesterday. Has had several almosts including last week to another terrible team. Sounds like they are dropping to 17. 17? WTF is that. They will be ranked higher then undefeated Pitt. Sounds pretty kinked to me.

So would love to hear you explain this to me. My team Notre Dame lost to a dog early. Won a tough game in a graveyard for playoff hopefuls in Texas to start season. Beat Louisville. Beat the other teams I'm front of them. Some of them decent programs.
Alabama had a great win vs. Georgia. Lost to a 24 point dog. Lost again yesterday. Has had several almosts including last week to another terrible team. Sounds like they are dropping to 17. 17? WTF is that. They will be ranked higher then undefeated Pitt. Sounds pretty kinked to me.
I need not to explain because I could give really give a rat's *** on our ranking. This team sucks and it was a terrible decision to bring in Coach Deboer IMO.

His DC cannot create a game plan to consistently stop the run - this is a Bama staple. Oh - the DC also leaves FRESHMAN DBs, on an island, far too much, which result in big plays.

The OC does not know how create a game plan utilizing his RBs. Oh - running Jalen Milroe has been figured out - BY EVERYFREAKINGBODY!!!

Now that you bought it up - hopefully we drop to 20. Will that make you happy??? Good. Make it so.

EDIT - ND rarely plays big names during their season so I really don't know the infatuation with them. JMO...

Yes. It's his first year. I'm watching the game now.

IMO - Bama had 3 apple turnovers (in their favor) and could not produce points on 2 of them INSIDE of Tennessee's half. Over 10 penalties in the first half.

This is NOT Bama football. Where's our running game outside of Milroe???

SMH

As far as helping...I went to lend a helping hand on my own accord.
First year coaches can have an adjustment period. Not everyone comes in and is gangbusters. Look at the Steelers greatest HC of all time.

Honestly a fair assessment. I just think it looks ridiculous when you have a two loss team in the top 20. They've lost their shine. Doubt if they will sit on it. Bet they have a new coach next year or year after most. People don't understand the importance of position coaches and coordinators. They make the ****** calls and teach the players. Tomlin's problems aren't really Tomlin as much as his connection to good coordinators and position coaches. If he was capable of making his own calls........particularly on offense. Would be different. He gets mid to lower people to work with and results reflect.

First year coaches can have an adjustment period. Not everyone comes in and is gangbusters. Look at the Steelers greatest HC of all time.
Perhaps.

The NIL does make it harder to 'build a dynasty'; but recruiting 'down South' is waaay different than recruiting in the Midwest/West.

I guess I am in a mood...

Perhaps.

The NIL does make it harder to 'build a dynasty'; but recruiting 'down South' is waaay different than recruiting in the Midwest/West.

Probably berm,...

But cant blame you for feeling some kind of way.

Hang in there man.

Yesir...Notre Dame has beaten several quality teams...regardless of the same old comments from the folks that will never give ND their due..
But what ever...

Right now were in the playoffs and playing solid football...

Challenging schedule the rest of way ...

Go Irish!

Perhaps.

Snap out of it there is a game tonight and you helped some people that tops the list!

So.....how far did to you make it thru the flick... until the TV was watching you JMM :)
I was on a roll and made it through the entire movie. Funny how a movie that scared the ever living whizz out of you as a kid is pretty campy now. It's routine in our house to watch a scary flick every few nights leading up to Halloween. It was definitely better and not as scary as the WVU game

I missed the game yesterday. I was in Tampa helping hurricane victims all day. Came home and found out that Bama lost.

I'm not mad. I hope Coach DeBeor is gone...
good on you for pitching in for those folks.

i think deboer screwed up by not making sure he had his type of qb. milroe doesn't jibe with deboer's offense. i worked a summer camp at texas tech a long time ago. mike leech said he can't coach his offense with a qb who isn't a naturally accurate passer. not sayin deboer runs the exact same offense as leech, but he does need a guy who can see the field quickly, has natural spatial awareness and throwing ability. it's funny that will rogers stayed in seattle when deboer got the bama job. i thought debeor had found a great replacement for penix (not the same talent level, but a qb for his system), gets the bama job and the transfer qb he got from msstate didn't follow him to tuscaloosa. milroe is a solid qb, but he's out of place in that system. debeor is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with milroe. i'm no fan of bama, but i bet you guys are undefeated with rogers at qb. it'll be next year before milroe can harness that offense, if at all.

I was on a roll and made it through the entire movie. Funny how a movie that scared the ever living whizz out of you as a kid is pretty campy now. It's routine in our house to watch a scary flick every few nights leading up to Halloween. It was definitely better and not as scary as the WVU game
The original Salems Lot with the Starsky and Hutch guy scared me so bad as a kid, I still wont watch it. It probs is not even that scary.