• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Conference Championship Thread

I don't know, Campbell made 2 horrible decisions to not attempt a FG no doubt extreme dumbassery, but Tomlin came up with an entire game plan of dumbassery. What idiot goes into a game in cold weather vs the best running team in the NFL with the best Oline in the NFL, and their thought is, hmmm the best way to stop them would be to only use 2 DL, let that sink in, the best Oline and running game in the league, and you're plan is to stop them with just 2 DL. Cleveland's first 4 offensive TD's occurred with us only having 2 DL on the field.
I hear ya ......... it is our team so things like this hit home more ....... we are used to some success and have 6 Lombardis to show for it ........

I very rarely get a sense that the Steelers will impose their will and control a game anymore ...

Knolls run in the 1970s
4 Superbowls

Cowhers accomplishments
1 Superbowl win
Including the Super Bowl, Cowher's teams over the years had compiled a record of 108–1–1 in games in which they built a lead of at least 11 points.

Tomlin lacks in so many areas in strategies, adjustments, challenges and clock management to a few ......... there is no coaching tree to speak of after 17 years of non losing seasons ....... What does that tell you .......

But for Detroit ...... they have never even been to a Superbowl ......... fans had Barry Sanders & Megatron to cheer for .......but no team success
They had that game well in hand against a very good team/head coach and fan base ................. Campbell's Soup is On...... denied them

If I was the Detroit owner I would can Campbell and promote the OC to HC before they lose him probably to Washington

But for Detroit ...... they have never even been to a Superbowl ......... fans had Barry Sanders & Megatron to cheer for .......but no team success
They had that game well in hand against a very good team/head coach and fan base ................. Campbell's Soup is On...... denied them

If I was the Detroit owner I would can Campbell and promote the OC to HC before they lose him probably to Washington
Dont know about "canning" him...but I would of loved to been a "fly on the wall" in the locker room after the game to listen to Coach Campbell's "concession" speech...

If he didnt apologize to the team....then maybe I would think about letting him go.

I have a feeling of Campbell would have went for the points and the kicker missed people would jumped him for not being aggressive and doing what got them there. I would have tried the FGs, but Campbell was trying to kick a team while it was down on the first one. If Detroit gets in that position again i bet it will be coached differently
Reading up some thoughts from Detroit fans I noticed they were a lot less aggressive than Steelers fans, lol. The general sense was a appreciation for a great season. There wasn't much blame for Campbell on the first 4th down attempt. On the season, they had a higher percentage of 4th and short conversions than kicking success rate between 40-49 yards. I believe it was over a 10% higher success rate. A lot of disappointment in Reynolds as well for the two drops, but again, not over the top. Again, just a general sense and not the opinion from everyone, but this was a fanbase that saw success because of the risk taking from the head coach so they were used to it. Our head coach talks about not living in his fears, yet continually coaches that way.

I hear ya ......... it is our team so things like this hit home more ....... we are used to some success and have 6 Lombardis to show for it ........

I very rarely get a sense that the Steelers will impose their will and control a game anymore ...

Knolls run in the 1970s
4 Superbowls

Cowhers accomplishments
1 Superbowl win
Including the Super Bowl, Cowher's teams over the years had compiled a record of 108–1–1 in games in which they built a lead of at least 11 points.

Tomlin lacks in so many areas in strategies, adjustments, challenges and clock management to a few ......... there is no coaching tree to speak of after 17 years of non losing seasons ....... What does that tell you .......

Who is this Knoll of which you speak?