• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Conference Championship Thread

It is going to be a long time before the Lions win a Super Bowl. I do not believe for one second that Coach Meathead learned one thing today. He seems the type to double down on dumbass. I see a lot of heartache on the horizon for long suffering Lions fans. Hopes will be raise then dashed when Mimsey inexplicably goes for 2 , when all he needs is 1

You have to take that FG to tie the game and keep it from going to a two score game. The risk of not making on 4th and giving momentum back killed them.

Campbell is a good coach and learned a lesson, quit trying to identify with the San Diego coah and all those head coaches who go with analysis/percentages. Analysts doesn't understand the score, time left, momentum.

Momentum is a dangerous thing, when you give it to a team you have outplayed, that is better than you.

Opening line for Super Bowl 49ers -1

Won't be surprised if that line moves back and forth a few times.

Already jumped to 49ers -2.5. Lots of SF fans probably betting already.

How are the 49ers favored? I'd love to know what the 49ers have going for them over KC.

So if Dan Campbell was your Head Coach and that was the Steelers instead of the Lions you would have no issue with this outcome.....knowing that he left points out there in a 45 & 47 yd FG attempts?
With the first one, not so much. You are also assuming the kicker makes both of those. Reynolds would be No. 1 on my list of guys I'd be mad at. Dropped ball that hit him right in the hands on fourth down. Dropped ball that hit him right in the numbers on third down. I'd also be mad at the players who couldn't finish the sacks and Gibbs for the fumble. Campbell's second 4th down attempt was terrible, but the players imploding on the field in the third is what ultimately put them in that situation.

How are the 49ers favored? I'd love to know what the 49ers have going for them over KC.
QB - KC
RB - SF
OL - Push
WR - SF
TE - Push
DL - SF
LB - SF
DB - KC
ST - KC

Massive edge at QB for the Chiefs, which in my mind puts them as the easy favorite.

How patient will the Steelers be with the OC search? Are they going to make a hire to avoid losing a potential option or will they wait it out for Kubiak?

Streak continues. No Super Bowl has been played without a Penn Stater. KC has OT Donovan Smith and SF has safety Ji'ayir Brown and DT Kevin Givens. Brown had no D1 offers and started out at a JUCO in Scranton.

My two points. Lamar Jackson literally played like an MVP for two out of 8 quarters. The rest was exactly like all of his other playoff runs.
THE BOOK exists for a reason. I felt Campbell not going for the first FG was worse then the second. You were up 17 at half. They got a FG. You match them and you are up 17 almost half way through 3rd quarter. You cannot play by gut. I don't even think you play by bullshit analytics. You play by the basic strategy that won dynasties. And in that case its FG. If you lose you lose. At least you are not at post game presser making up bullshit.

Mind blowing. Just a crushing loss. Can you imagine being a Detroit fan at halftime vs the end of the game. Holy hell.
I live in Lansing and was out watching the game with some friends. Folks were living it up. I would have never anticipated that Detriot would take it to San Fran like they did. I was working and trying to watch. I was a bit distracted in 2nd half and missed a lot that was going on, but I gather Dan the Man still doesn't know when to take points and when to go for it, not that the points were guaranteed or anything. Detroit also missed a few routine plays that would have gone a long way towards winning.

Streak continues. No Super Bowl has been played without a Penn Stater. KC has OT Donovan Smith and SF has safety Ji'ayir Brown and DT Kevin Givens. Brown had no D1 offers and started out at a JUCO in Scranton.
Except for 5 of them. That was hilarious when Penn State's social media got roasted for posting that stat.

What a brutal bed-******** by Detroit. Dan Campbell better have learned his lesson, you cant ALWAYS be aggressive

Niners will beat KC this time