• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

CONFESSION TIME: What are some of your “Worst Takes” on Steeler Nation?

Don't sell yourself short I am sure you have plenty of takes that are worthy.
FOOTBALL TAKES?

I’ve looked back at threads and gone back and read so many of my takes to 2017. I’ve had some terrible takes.

But nothing football related even close…off hand I can think of maybe one scenario that might top not wanting us to draft Ben because of Tommy Maddox. He said he was legit mad.

That’s a good confession of a bad take

I wanna know who, if anyone hated us trading up for Troy?

Confession anyone?

Last edited:
Not my take, but here is a Steelers reporter who believes 10 TDs for Pickett would be a reasonable number this season.

Not my take, but here is a Steelers reporter who believes 10 TDs for Pickett would be a reasonable number this season.

I think higher on the Fighting Pickett TD total.

17-21 with 4 of those being rush TD BY KENNY.

The 3400 passing yards will be close due to the run dominance they are looking to achieve.

Salute the nation

I think higher on the Fighting Pickett TD total.

17-21 with 4 of those being rush TD BY KENNY.

The 3400 passing yards will be close due to the run dominance they are looking to achieve.

Salute the nation
The TD total is an embarrassing prediction for a "reasonable" stat line if you want to be taken seriously. Saunders is along the same lines as Kaboly as a Steelers writer who thinks they are the smartest guy in the room just because they write about the team.

The TD total is an embarrassing prediction for a "reasonable" stat line if you want to be taken seriously. Saunders is along the same lines as Kaboly as a Steelers writer who thinks they are the smartest guy in the room just because they write about the team.

I hear yaz.

With this run heavy offense and **** for brains OC, I don’t see a lot of passing TDS. Maybe we will get surprised and this O’Canada offense will suddenly develop play set up and non-telegraphic type flow.

O’Canada is by far the biggest “what if” on the team.

Salute the nation

Not a that the take was wrong but the very first post I made on here I spelled Chuck Noll's name wrong (Knoll). The welcome I received was effin' BRUTAL! To this day I blame spell corret . . .

The most common message board mistakes...."Noone" rather than no one, "your" rather than you're, "mute point" rather than moot point, "looser" rather than loser... can be all be excused...but "Knoll" rather than Noll is unforgivable!!! lol

Last edited:

10 td’s ? I mean obviously if we are 12-5 it would be ok. We would be going nowhere in a playoff game. But at 10 tds I would think not. For me that would be an epic failure for the offense. 17 games 10tds. Well under one a game. And god forbid he has a couple games with 2-4 tds in a game. This reporter must be on crack if he thinks 10 tds is reasonable.

I thought walking downstairs during the 24th pick in the 2016 draft wouldn't have had Coolie disown me. :ROFLMAO:

Quit pissing and moaning, you should be happy with the fact that you got to live with a legend !!!!

Salute the nation

I was pissed about drafting Ben when we already had Tommy Gun! I wanted Chris Gamble out of OSU and it was salt in the wound when the Steelers drafted Colclough in the 2nd round. Man was I pissed. bwahahaaha

But, we got Fast Willie Parker that year as an UDFA.
Dayam and God Bless...

10 td’s ? I mean obviously if we are 12-5 it would be ok. We would be going nowhere in a playoff game. But at 10 tds I would think not. For me that would be an epic failure for the offense. 17 games 10tds. Well under one a game. And god forbid he has a couple games with 2-4 tds in a game. This reporter must be on crack if he thinks 10 tds is reasonable.
Even at 12-5, even the biggest Pickett fan would be looking for a replacement if he has 10 TDs on 550 pass attempts. Saunders could not get off this TD/INT ratio and gave Pickett improved numbers everywhere but TDs. He won’t admit it, but it appeared to be an obvious troll job while trying to sound like the smartest guy in the room.

Even at 12-5, even the biggest Pickett fan would be looking for a replacement if he has 10 TDs on 550 pass attempts. Saunders could not get off this TD/INT ratio and gave Pickett improved numbers everywhere but TDs. He won’t admit it, but it appeared to be an obvious troll job while trying to sound like the smartest guy in the room.

Typical talking head then………….. am I right……..?

Salute the nation

Confession time? believing Mike Tomlin was a good choice for head coach of my beloved Steelers. As time goes by the facts seem to be proving me wrong… I don’t believe we will win a championship with Tomlin as HC. He can’t put together a decent staff, he insist on calling the defense and he stinks at it. hes all about “family” which avoids the cold hard fact that football is a business when managing talent. He (we) might get lucky there's something about Kenny he has the tools to be a superstar and they (front office) are putting solid talent around him. He might be able to overcome the crap coaching staff tomlin has put around him. Hard to know not even Ben was able to overcome Canada. maybe Kenny can. Thats my one confession… I’ll say my 10 Hail Marys and 10 our fathers and go in peace and hope for a championship! GoSteelers!

Confession time? believing Mike Tomlin was a good choice for head coach of my beloved Steelers. As time goes by the facts seem to be proving me wrong… I don’t believe we will win a championship with Tomlin as HC. He can’t put together a decent staff, he insist on calling the defense and he stinks at it. hes all about “family” which avoids the cold hard fact that football is a business when managing talent. He (we) might get lucky there's something about Kenny he has the tools to be a superstar and they (front office) are putting solid talent around him. He might be able to overcome the crap coaching staff tomlin has put around him. Hard to know not even Ben was able to overcome Canada. maybe Kenny can. Thats my one confession… I’ll say my 10 Hail Marys and 10 our fathers and go in peace and hope for a championship! GoSteelers!

Solid

Salute the nation

HERE IS MY FIRST TAKE FROM DECEMBER 2014...Not a good Rookie debut....It's about Ben Tate
Why so much whining about not making a move when Blount got smoked? We couldn't bring Tate in when Blount walked because the Vikes snapped him up.....Tate is available now and we picked up the best available Running Back period.....He'll average 5 plus a carry.....

TATE NEVER GOT INTO A SINGLE GAME :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I’ll do an old one.

Was skeptical of Woodley coming out of college. Became a beast during his rookie deal. I was wrong.

After those initial years I changed my position and thought he could be one of the Steelers long revered LBs. It went south fast. Woodley made me wrong again.

Last edited:
Too many to list. Last year I would have bet anything that Rudolph would have signed elsewhere as there's at least 3 teams where he is not only better as the backup but perhaps better than the starter. (some due to injury) And probably another 6 that he would have been a improvement over the backup. Trubisky signing an extension was a shock. I guess $$ makes you forget pride sometimes. That Buddy Johnson was going to be the next Vince Williams. That Jesse James was going to develop into Heath Miller. That Shamarko Thomas was going to be Bob Sanders. And Rashard Mendenhall was going to be the next LT. I still am right more than wrong but if you don't embrace your mistakes you will never learn from them.