• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Conn egg farm burns down

Happens all the time. You'd swear our current government in power just thrives on inflicting hardship.

If I had some land I would already be growing all of my food and raising chickens.

Happens all the time. You'd swear our current government in power just thrives on inflicting hardship.

If I had some land I would already be growing all of my food and raising chickens.
Turns out the only home raised chickens that are producing are the ones running free and not eating the food you buy at the feed store. Tell me something doesn't stink there.

The destruction of food processing plants of all sorts has been happening for a couple years now.

There's no coincidence here. We just don't know what is up. But something is.

Chicken on the hill with Will.

Jim Quinn reporting this morning that farmers using Purina chicken feed noticed their chickens laying many less eggs. When they switched to local chicken feed suppliers their chickens started laying more eggs.
There couldn't be a conspiracy between the government and Big Ag, no, no, that would never happen.

Jim Quinn reporting this morning that farmers using Purina chicken feed noticed their chickens laying many less eggs. When they switched to local chicken feed suppliers their chickens started laying more eggs.
There couldn't be a conspiracy between the government and Big Ag, no, no, that would never happen.
There is less food in some feed. More filler/garbage, literally. And this is across all animal feeds.

I've seen lots of discussion regarding the price of eggs lately. I can't say that I've noticed an increase, but I haven't bought any in a few weeks. It would likely have to be a dramatic increase for me to notice because I couldn't tell you what I've been paying.

I've seen lots of discussion regarding the price of eggs lately. I can't say that I've noticed an increase, but I haven't bought any in a few weeks. It would likely have to be a dramatic increase for me to notice because I couldn't tell you what I've been paying.
About triple what they cost a year and a half ago. Not a lot of money overall, but still…..

I trade canned veggies from my Garden for eggs. My neighbor has 15 Hens and 3 roosters. I have a **** ton of canned Tomatoes Beans and Potato's. The barter system still works.

To give you an idea, my wife and I buy the box of 5 dozen at walmart. In early December 5 dozen eggs was $10. Now, that same box of eggs is almost $24.

I saw a one pound wagyu ribeye steak for $100 .

To give you an idea, my wife and I buy the box of 5 dozen at walmart. In early December 5 dozen eggs was $10. Now, that same box of eggs is almost $24.
That is a pretty dramatic increase I guess I will feel the pain the next time I buy eggs. I usually buy a dozen or eighteen at a time. I want to say that varied from about $1.50-$3, but I'm kinda guessing.