• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coolie Pimps his Coogs (again)

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Last season was not all that memorable for UH, their first season in the Big Xii was mediocre

this was mainly due to a defense that couldn't stop a top hight school team

Most of thier offensive talent were underclassmen, but their best OL is in the draft. Left Tackle Patrick Paul

he is at the Senior bowl and meaursed in at 6' 7" 333 lbs with 9 3/8 hands, 36 2/8 arms and an 86 6/8 wingspan

in his first year in the Big XII he allowed only 6 qb pressures, 1 hit and zero sacks. He is a big strong LT with decent footwork. he is hard to bullrush as he sets his feet and is tough to move. He does a good job with other moves and if he gets his outside hand on the defender he usually controls him on passing downs. Speed rushers didn't do much better against him but that is where the qb pressures came from. He is good against the run but could likely get better with the right coach. I am not sure he is a day one LT, but if he is there on day 2, the Steelers could use a new RT

The other Coog I expect to be drafted is edge Nelson Cesar. 6'2.5" 230 lbs 10 2/8 hands, 33 2/8 arms and 79 7/8 wingspan

In his first year in the BIG XII, Cesar led the conference with 9.5 sacks

HE has good quickness on spin moves and the strength to get under the OL pads and bullrush them to the qb. He played most of the time on the edge but about a third of his snaps were either at ILB or lined up like a DT. He can play with his hand on the ground on the edge but was better standing up. He wasn't used much in coverage so not sure of his abilities there. He did play on special teams multiple seasons and was a solid performer there. Unless he destroys everyone at the senior bowl or at the combine I expect he is likely third or fourth round.

No Tank Dells this year

there is another outside Lb, who was a transfer from OU and a couple of CBs who might be worth late round slots but the top skill players on offense are coming back next season or transferred out like Matthew golden a wr that left for ut....

I think Paul showed his athletic ability as well as some strength and nasty.

Definitely worth looking at IMO round 2 if available..

Nelson Ceaser College: Houston Height: 6’3” Weight: 254 pounds Arm Length:33 5/8" Hand Size: 10 1.4"

didn't run the 40

31" Vertical
7.3 3-cone
4.57 20 yard shuttle
22 bench press

In his first year in the BIG XII, Cesar led the conference with 9.5 sacks

HE has good quickness on spin moves and the strength to get under the OL pads and bullrush them to the qb. He played most of the time on the edge but about a third of his snaps were either at ILB or lined up like a DT. He can play with his hand on the ground on the edge but was better standing up. He wasn't used much in coverage so not sure of his abilities there. He did play on special teams multiple seasons and was a solid performer there.

when lined up as ILB he was very good on blitzes and solid against the run, on the edge he struggled at times setting the edge on run plays, To me it seemed he had some trouble diagnosing the plays and didn't get good position in time.

I could see him going as early as the 2nd but more likely he is a solid 3rd or early 4th rounder

David Ugwoegbu Height: 6-3 7/8 Weight: 250 Arm: 33.75 Hand: 10.25 Wingspan: 80.38

big strong defender, played mostly on the edge and got good pressure but only 3 sacks last season - he transfered in from OU so he only had one year at UH

he also played inside for a few games due to injuries and was solid in run support He was not used much in coverage but I have read that he was a liability in coverage at OU

He is either a late round pick (6 or 7th ) or a UDFA.

After Tank Del I'd take whoever you pimp. IM happy what they got last year, but think they need a wr in round one or 2

damn I was gonna hook you up with slash
6'5 1/2 prostitute, I would make one scary looking transformer. Worse than when Snipes and Patrick Swayze dressed up in drag for that one movie...

He is going to be a great one. I picked him up in 2 keeper leagues in the 15th round. I get him in the 15th round for as many years as i chose

Choose wise young Padawan, choose wise…………….

Salute the nation

OL Patrick Paul Height: 6-7 4/8 Weight: 331 Arm: 36.25 Hand: 9.38 Wingspan: 86.25

40-Yard Dash​

Seconds

10-Yard Split​

Seconds

Vertical Jump​

29’’

Broad Jump​

--

3-Cone Drill​

Seconds

Bench Press​

Reps

Last edited:
OL Patrick Paul Height: 6-7 4/8 Weight: 331 Arm: 36.25 Hand: 9.38 Wingspan: 86.25

40-Yard Dash​

Seconds

10-Yard Split​

Seconds

Vertical Jump​

29’’

Broad Jump​

--

3-Cone Drill​

Seconds

Bench Press​

Reps

If he's there in the 7th, maybe they take a flier on him.

If he's there in the 7th, maybe they take a flier on him.
I am going to take a wild guess and say he goes round 3. For some reason Steelers don't take stock in Houston players. I am thinking maybe Dell's success might alter their thinking combined with Omar heading the ship now? Will be interesting to see how it plays out...

I am going to take a wild guess and say he goes round 3. For some reason Steelers don't take stock in Houston players. I am thinking maybe Dell's success might alter their thinking combined with Omar heading the ship now? Will be interesting to see how it plays out...
maybe Demarcus Ayers tarnished their opinion of the school....

Paul might be around in the 3rd but I will be surprised if he lasts past the 2nd

he didn't allow any sacks last season, his first in the Big XII

I think he would slide in right away at RT

maybe Demarcus Ayers tarnished their opinion of the school....

Paul might be around in the 3rd but I will be surprised if he lasts past the 2nd

he didn't allow any sacks last season, his first in the Big XII

I think he would slide in right away at RT

DANG, I’m pulling for this guy to end up a STEELERS player and starting right out the gate at RT.

Dan Moore can become depth or fodder, more likely depth.

Salute the nation