• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coolie Pimps the Coogs

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Yes it is the time of the year you all LOVE (or hate)
#
Houston takes a step up this year joining the Big XII. Each of these guys will get to prove themselves against real Power 4 competition.

For the first time I am actually pimping a couple of offensive linemen

Patrick Paul - #76 6'7" 315# left tackle - he has started the last three years and was All AAC First Team. He has long arms and uses his hands well. He can have issues with smaller quicker edge rushers but only gave up one sack last season. Right now he is possibly a 2nd round talent but with another good year he could press for being a 1st round selection.

Jack Freman #75 6'3" 300# center - started all games as a junior, gave up 2 sacks and was solid as a run blocker. He is a team captain this season

it is tough to analyse OL and very hard to find highlight film, but I will post some game videos and you can watch them in action

Nelson Ceaser #9 6'3" 250# edge - this kid could either fail spectacularly or blossom into a very productive edge rusher this season. He had some splash plays early in his time at UH and was pushed into the startinglineup last season when Derrick Parrish was injured for the season early in the year. He started the last 11 games and had 10 TFLs and 4 sacks with a forced fumble and an INT plus a fumble recovery for a TD. He is a junior so he may not come out but I think he will be fun to watch.

David Ugwoebu #12 6'4" 250 DL - oklahoma transfer - don't know a hell of a lot about him but there is some hype around his joining the coogs

the others I have high hopes for all underclassmen

like our Tx Tech transfer junior QB Donovan Smith and our 6'0" 190# sophomore WR Matthew Golden #2

also the latest #10 interior DL junior Chidozie Nwankwo 5'11" 295# started all games as a sophomore and was hard to move at NT. 36 takles and 3.5 TFLs with 1 sack. HE is not the next Ed Oliver but he is a prettty solid NT and it will be interesting to see how he does against this level of talent

I am sure some others will jump out to me as the season moves on and guys who were bench players get their time to start.

the talent level week in and week out will be better this season and it will likely take the coogs a few Power 4 level recruiting classes to become serious challengers for the conference must less playoffs, but i will be cheering them each game day and expect a decent season.

Not the undefeated season I expect of the Steelers though

#LoveYaCoogs

Go Coogs! And of course go Aggies!

Thanks Coolie, I always look forward to these break downs and “pimp” moments.

Salute the nation

Could you provide a “Link” to that ?

Salute the nation
SR3-300x217.jpg

this is me at the beach relaxing now that I know what Coogs I am going to be reading about daily for the next 9 months

Nwankwo goes out injured and UTSA runs it down the coogs throat for a TD

going to have to keep an eye on Malik Fleming CB senior transfer from East Carolina

picks on back to back passes

one on a deep shot and he was in better position than the WR

the second was jumping a crossing route and taking the ball away

first play watch #9 Ceaser abuse the tackle then get the sack