• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coolie Pimps UH Coogs

Oh I'm quite sure they will take a receiver. I'm just saying if Austin is going to be fine and medically I'd assume they know if he is. So they aren't going to take another smurf if he is.
I will have to get with the committee in regards to if we have room on the concern list. We already have head size, hand size, and undersized speedy RB on the docket.

Oh I'm quite sure they will take a receiver. I'm justvsaying if Austin is going to be fine and medically I'd assume they know if he is. So they aren't going to take another smurf if he is.
smurf?

he is the same height as Gunner and DJ and Sims, granted he is currently only 165# vs DJs 183 and Sims is 176

gunner is likely gone and Tank could likely add a few pounds without giving up his speed and quickness

Now will the Steelers draft him, most likely not. Not because of his size but there are many needs on this team and many players who could fill those roles. It comes down to if Tank is the BPA on the Steeler's board at the time they are drafting

To start of my annual UH pimpfest - Nathanial "Tank" Dell - WR and PR - 5'10" 165# (my guess is he is around a 4.4ish - 40)

I would definitely take Tank in the 4th. 3rd is a harder sell because of our other needs but, depending on what is available, may not be a bad slot for him either.

I was shocked to see this tweet. I truly thought Marcus had died once the pats drafted him

I still like Leal....but an All Pro kick returner would have been nice also

I would definitely take Tank in the 4th. 3rd is a harder sell because of our other needs but, depending on what is available, may not be a bad slot for him either.
Yeah 3rd may be a bit high...but that is my guess at the earliest spot before he rates out at the Senior Bowl and combine

his performance at those places could alter that but I don't think he moves up much higher unless he has put on a few pounds and is still as elusive

smurf?

he is the same height as Gunner and DJ and Sims, granted he is currently only 165# vs DJs 183 and Sims is 176

gunner is likely gone and Tank could likely add a few pounds without giving up his speed and quickness

Now will the Steelers draft him, most likely not. Not because of his size but there are many needs on this team and many players who could fill those roles. It comes down to if Tank is the BPA on the Steeler's board at the time they are drafting
Coolie if you are going to debate that a 5'10 165 lb NFL receiver is a smurf then lets really stop debating. That is the size of a Canadian High School Receiver.

Coolie if you are going to debate that a 5'10 165 lb NFL receiver is a smurf then lets really stop debating. That is the size of a Canadian High School Receiver.
smurfs are short 5'10" is not short for a NFL WR

Average receiver height is 6 feet. He is 5'10 and has the weight of an 18 year old. what do you define as a smurf. 5'8?????

Average receiver height is 6 feet. He is 5'10 and has the weight of an 18 year old. what do you define as a smurf. 5'8?????
as long as you classify DJ, Gunner and Sims as smurfs then you are free to use that analogy

your post seemed to just call Austin and Dell smurfs though

as long as you classify DJ, Gunner and Sims as smurfs then you are free to use that analogy

your post seemed to just call Austin and Dell smurfs though
I do and so far only one of them is a useful receiver that should be drafted 5th or higher nad he doesn't particularly seem to enjoy going across the middle either, but wins enough on the outside. They got Austin already they don't need another college freshman.

I do and so far only one of them is a useful receiver that should be drafted 5th or higher nad he doesn't particularly seem to enjoy going across the middle either, but wins enough on the outside. They got Austin already they don't need another college freshman.
you are welcome to your opinion

The Steelers need as much talent at WR as they can get.

gunner is likely gone, I think Sims was on a one year deal , he is easily replaceable

Boykin and white are still under contract,,,I think both are taller but have not been able to see the field much

as I said they need guys that can get open

Tank does that, plus he can return punts

gunner is likely gone, I think Sims was on a one year deal , he is easily replaceable

Boykin and white are still under contract,,,I think both are taller but have not been able to see the field much

If they are going top three rounds I want a player who is a unit. Not someone you essentially already have. If they want a guy like this in say 4-6. The first four picks have to be big dudes.

Oh I'm quite sure they will take a receiver. I'm justvsaying if Austin is going to be fine and medically I'd assume they know if he is. So they aren't going to take another smurf if he is.
Why in the world would you assume that? Lol
We LOOOVE smurfs… we drafted the 5’9” CA3 despite already having the 5’10” Dionte Johnson and 5’10” Sims on the roster…and Gunner, who is listed as 6’0 on our roster but somehow all the scouting reports on him list him as 5’10”, (much like CA3 is listed as 5’8 on the scouting reports… weird how some of our guys get growth spurts so late in life)

We are just a Papa Smurf, a Brainy Smurf, and a Smurfette short of a complete set at this point…

not sure how much money is made by being in the Hula Bowl, but he did play well

6'2" 200# CB my guess around a 4.5ish 40

had 2 ints and 10 PDs last season

Ugh, I'd expect this post from Coach...

Gunner is under contract, Gunner will probably be a cap cut since he isn't returning kicks
Sims is an RFA and should be low tendered - no draft compensation as a UDFA
Boykin is a UFA
White is under contract.

As for Smurf talks for me: Austin is a smurf, so was Rainey and Archer.
5'8 162lbs

As TMC used to say, if you're under 5'10" and 170lbs, you have a tough time staying healthy in this league.

Dell qualifies height wise, but he needs to put on some weight, and 5 lbs ain't much to gain in the offseason. So not a smurf, but not what I like to see yet in a durable NFL WR/KR/PR. We'll see what he weighs in at the combine!

Ugh, I'd expect this post from Coach...

Gunner is under contract, Gunner will probably be a cap cut since he isn't returning kicks
Sims is an RFA and should be low tendered - no draft compensation as a UDFA
Boykin is a UFA
White is under contract.

As for Smurf talks for me: Austin is a smurf, so was Rainey and Archer.
5'8 162lbs

As TMC used to say, if you're under 5'10" and 170lbs, you have a tough time staying healthy in this league.

Dell qualifies height wise, but he needs to put on some weight, and 5 lbs ain't much to gain in the offseason. So not a smurf, but not what I like to see yet in a durable NFL WR/KR/PR. We'll see what he weighs in at the combine!
😳🍿🧐🙊

Dell will also be at the Senior Bowl at the end of the month

Dell will also be at the Senior Bowl at the end of the month

Little disappointed in the QBs who are participating in this years game. Definitely some WRs , Tackles, Gs, and CBs that will be interesting watches.

Little disappointed in the QBs who are participating in this years game. Definitely some WRs , Tackles, Gs, and CBs that will be interesting watches.
guess that means more playing time for Tune

The last guy on that list, Derek Parish, would likely be getting more attention if he had not torn his bicep in week 4. He was already playing with a cast on one hand after he had surgery on it. He was in the line up two days later. Tough, quick, strong edge defender 6'1" 244#. a 4.75ish 40

He had 4.5 sacks and 6.5 TFLs against Texas Tech

IMO he would be worth a flyer if he is around late...6th or 7th round