• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coolie Pimps UH Coogs

MOBILE, Ala. — Of all of the prospects present at the 2023 Senior Bowl, the skill player who has seemed to turn the most heads over the first two days of practice is Houston wide receiver Tank Dell
. He came to Mobile to prove that he’s one of the best receivers in his draft class and is off to a great start.

The nation’s leader in receiving touchdowns has been balling out at Senior Bowl practices, where his combination of a great release, excellent route-running, and phenomenal hands have allowed him to make play after play through two days. Along the way, he’s raising his draft stock and making himself some money.

Last edited:
Tank Dell came in at 5083 ht 16 wt 8 7/8 Hands 30 1/8 arms and 72 3/4 wing span

but the man is out there breaking some ankles at the Senior bowl

Last edited:
yeah I know y'a'' won't care but I also read an article on a site I won't link to about Derek Parish at the Shrine Bowl

he has been impressing people with his versatility, running drills as a FB, TE and DE

he has also been the first guy in line for Special Team drills. he understands that is likely his best way to stick to a team

If Derek Watt is a cap casualty, then back filling with a guy wiling to do whatever the team needs like Parish is could be a good option

yeah I know y'a'' won't care but I also read an article on a site I won't link to about Derek Parish at the Shrine Bowl

he has been impressing people with his versatility, running drills as a FB, TE and DE

he has also been the first guy in line for Special Team drills. he understands that is likely his best way to stick to a team

If Derek Watt is a cap casualty, then back filling with a guy wiling to do whatever the team needs like Parish is could be a good option
Us draftniks always care! I read a lot of that stuff on depot almost referenced it the other day as I have been monitoring the shrine and senior bowl practice reports. I like them as I can get a feel for how players are trending. Who is shining against solid competition and who isn't. Dell has shown me enough I wouldn't hesitate throwing a pick at it just a matter of when. The simulators seem to be throwing him in-between 4 and 7. Pretty wide range. What is your gut telling you about Parish round wise? Something similar to meatball?

Us draftniks always care! I read a lot of that stuff on depot almost referenced it the other day as I have been monitoring the shrine and senior bowl practice reports. I like them as I can get a feel for how players are trending. Who is shining against solid competition and who isn't. Dell has shown me enough I wouldn't hesitate throwing a pick at it just a matter of when. The simulators seem to be throwing him in-between 4 and 7. Pretty wide range. What is your gut telling you about Parish round wise? Something similar to meatball?
I would think Parish would go in the 6th or 7th, he could go undrafted but I don't think he will. I don't think the Steelers have a 5th or 6th round pick this year so if he is there in the 7th, I would definitely roll the dice on him.

I've seen Dell picked all over the place. One mock done today even had him in the 2nd round

I thought going into the Senior Bowl he was likely a 3rd or 4th rounder....but I thought he was a little taller

If he continues this ankle breaking display I think, even at 5'8" he could be a 3rd rounder

hopefully he gets a shot to return a punt or kick off in the Senior Bowl and flashes his talent that position also

I would think Parish would go in the 6th or 7th, he could go undrafted but I don't think he will. I don't think the Steelers have a 5th or 6th round pick this year so if he is there in the 7th, I would definitely roll the dice on him.

I've seen Dell picked all over the place. One mock done today even had him in the 2nd round

I thought going into the Senior Bowl he was likely a 3rd or 4th rounder....but I thought he was a little taller

If he continues this ankle breaking display I think, even at 5'8" he could be a 3rd rounder

hopefully he gets a shot to return a punt or kick off in the Senior Bowl and flashes his talent that position also

Thank you Coolie, I love reading these break downs. I’ve been tracking Tank and seeing a lot of good things.

Salute the nation

I love Tank's footwork. It's like watching an elite basketball guard break down a defender to get to the basket. I've been limited at watching him play, but thus far he's got good hand tech.

It's the size that kills me. We have Austin who didn't play a down and he's an inch taller, 2lbs heaver and I don't know if he'll be able to play in the league.

DeShaun Jackson is 5'10" 175lbs. That's the minimum weight for me, to see potential in an NFL WR.

I love Tank's footwork. It's like watching an elite basketball guard break down a defender to get to the basket. I've been limited at watching him play, but thus far he's got good hand tech.

It's the size that kills me. We have Austin who didn't play a down and he's an inch taller, 2lbs heaver and I don't know if he'll be able to play in the league.

DeShaun Jackson is 5'10" 175lbs. That's the minimum weight for me, to see potential in an NFL WR.
this must be your theme song

sure but CA is out of Memphis....nothing but ******* come out of there......

Pretty fast. GottA be honest though,……. Worried about size. If he was 10-15 lbs. heavier, I’d be all over this idea, but I’m hesitant for that fact.

Coolie, you saying 3 or 4th, I’m a round later….. 5th.(if we have one) if he’s there.

Salute the nation

Pretty fast. GottA be honest though,……. Worried about size. If he was 10-15 lbs. heavier, I’d be all over this idea, but I’m hesitant for that fact.

Coolie, you saying 3 or 4th, I’m a round later….. 5th.(if we have one) if he’s there.

Salute the nation
If I recall correctly, the Steelers don't have a 5th or 6th rounder, but do have two 7th round picks....

If I recall correctly, the Steelers don't have a 5th or 6th rounder, but do have two 7th round picks....

I think Tank’s size has him slipping down the rounds. I Doubt he ends up here, but never say never.

Salute the nation

Will record the game just in case I get home late. Yinz all make some good notes on what you see!
hopefully it is more action than the Coog players got in the Shrine Bowl

Parish had a few plays at FB and did make a nice catch on a pass out of the backfield, but was only called on to block once

he did play a lot on the Punt coverage and kick off teams but all he showed was the willingness to sprint hard downfield

Art Green played some at safety and was in on one pass breakup but the receiver had already lost control before Green hit him. I did not see Gevarrius Owens on the field but t is hard sometimes to catch who was at the safety spot

It should be easier to notice Dell and Tune on Saturday

I think Tank’s size has him slipping down the rounds. I Doubt he ends up here, but never say never.

Salute the nation
as with all the guys I pimp out of UH...it is extremely doubtful they get drafted by the Steelers....but there is always hope

his size is a concern, but his speed and quickness are very tempting to teams. I did like that his wingspan was over 6 feet though. He has been breaking ankles against some legitimate NFL talent this week. He is set to be at the combine and if he does as well in all the drills as he should based on what he has shown on film and this week at the Senior Bowl, I think someone rolls the dice on him earlier just for his explosiveness.

If he is there in round 4, I would have to take a shot on him

With 2 2nd round picks that makes our 3rd and 4th rounders almost like 4th and 5th round picks (yeah yeah I know...not really)

Now if they trade the first pick of round 2 and get some additional picks...I would definitely use one on him

We gained a 2nd for Claypool
Lost a 5th for Witherspoon
Lost a 6th for Reed but gained a 7th.

Normal picks in 1, 2, 3, 4, & 7

obviously Tank scared the defense so much they said if he played they would walk off the field

I did not see him on the field at all for any offensive plays

Tune started at QB and did okay

his only incompletion on the first drive was a clear drop

he even picked up a 4th and 4 but there was a personal foul on the OL and they ended up punting

he ended up 9-12 for only 70 yards but did lead a drive for a FG

I’m not a draft-nik but I care as well. Between you/ Coolie/ SuperMan / Stryker and others, I’ve become more “engaged” in the art. So cut me some slack if I say a dumb azzitry or naive statement at time (even if all the time).

Thank you in advance

Salute the nation