• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cop cleared in NYC chokehold death

I always tell people that during deployments to afghanistan, it was like i was time-traveling to 500 yrs in the past whenever we'd leave the FOB on missions.

The heavily populated areas are what strike me as unimaginable. Mumbai India has one working toilet for every 1,100 people. Think about that! The city is one big sewer.

a friend of my wife married a guy from India. She has gone over there 3 times to visit his family. Some of them still have dirt floors in their homes. She has gotten extremely sick 2 of the times she was over there. Sanitation is something we really take for granted here. That and crappy immune systems.

The heavily populated areas are what strike me as unimaginable. Mumbai India has one working toilet for every 1,100 people. Think about that! The city is one big sewer.

Yeah, I've seen pics of the streets in India that made me want to gag. People openly taking craps in alleyways and thoroughfares being a "normal" thing = no bueno!

Yeah, I've seen pics of the streets in India that made me want to gag. People openly taking craps in alleyways and thoroughfares being a "normal" thing = no bueno!

You do know the police sergeant a female who was on the scene was black. I guess they'll have to figure out another route on making this a racial issue.

I believe it's an unnecessary force issue. He could have very well been Mexican or white and put in a chokehold. It doesn't make it easier that he was another black male that was killed by police, though.

Haha What?

I am not even saying he was necessarily racist- but this is one dumb *** argument you are trying to present.

I wasn't arguing. Just a fact. I didn't see much humor in it. The moral of the story. Do not resist arrest. You will lose every single time. It's like pissing in the wind. "Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny." This wasn't his first time at the rodeo. He knows the drill. The guy died of cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital. It wasn't the choke hold that killed him,it was his piss poor health.

I wasn't arguing. Just a fact. I didn't see much humor in it. The moral of the story. Do not resist arrest. You will lose every single time. It's like pissing in the wind. "Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny." This wasn't his first time at the rodeo. He knows the drill. The guy died of cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital. It wasn't the choke hold that killed him,it was his piss poor health.

Holy crap! Before reading your post, I just used that analogy in another thread about the Hilary video. Then I come here and see this. Uncanny!

The new rules should be:
IF you are to be arrested, the Police should
1. Inform you. Advise you to get on your knees, cross your legs and interlock your fingers behind you head.
2. If you fail to do that, they should them tazer your ***.
3. If you attempt to run or resist with ANY means then you will be shot.

If you follow the new steps and ANY force is used than you will be compensated financially by the City, State & Fed Govt. If you die during that time the financial penalty will be paid to your NOK with a 100x multiplier. All payments will be taken from the checks of all City, State and Fed Govt employees. As a said employee you have the option of quitting or clean up the problem.

I don't like to argue. Especially with attorneys. I just state my opinion (which is usually factual) and move on, so don't take this personally. Jersey is a big steaming pile of ****. Sure, every ***** has a couple of untainted spots. One of my best friends (RIP) lived on a beautiful golf course in Medford. I spent some awesome weeks at a shore house on Monmouth Beach. One of the best things I've ever eaten is a cheesesteak from Riviera in Cherry Hill. I spent a lot of time in Clifton and Monclair, where an ex sister in law used to live. But I've also seen Atlantic City, Camden, Trenton and Newark. Connect those dots and collectively that state is the shithole of this country. I used to go there every six weeks for the better part of a decade, mainly South Jersey when I called on U.S. Steel in Fairless Hills and would stay in Medford. I would rather continue to go to Detroit than make one more trip back to Jersey. Damn near every person from NJ, or the whole East coast for that matter, is a high-strung, amped up bitter *******.

So then you must believe that all white cops are racist and all blacks are criminals - I mean, if you connect the dots from the Garner and Brown cases, it must carry forward to represent cops as a whole.
What you have are opinions based on anecdotes, but certainly not concrete facts.

I've lived in NJ my whole life, and had a pretty comfortable life here. Own my own home, never been arrested and never been out of work. Worked in Atlantic City and agree that it's mostly a pit. Attended some concerts in Camden, and agree, with the exception of one or 2 attractions like the baseball park and the aquarium, it's another pit. Driven through Newark to pick someone up at the train station and seen just about the same thing.

You can choke on the gases from the refineries in the Perth Amboy and Linden areas - but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the majority of the beaches, farmlands and mountain regions.

So then you must believe that all white cops are racist and all blacks are criminals - I mean, if you connect the dots from the Garner and Brown cases, it must carry forward to represent cops as a whole.
What you have are opinions based on anecdotes, but certainly not concrete facts.

I've lived in NJ my whole life, and had a pretty comfortable life here. Own my own home, never been arrested and never been out of work. Worked in Atlantic City and agree that it's mostly a pit. Attended some concerts in Camden, and agree, with the exception of one or 2 attractions like the baseball park and the aquarium, it's another pit. Driven through Newark to pick someone up at the train station and seen just about the same thing.

You can choke on the gases from the refineries in the Perth Amboy and Linden areas - but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the majority of the beaches, farmlands and mountain regions.

Sure, Jersey has some nice spots. All states do. Even my ****** state has it's pockets. I just think the bad far outweighs the good in Jersey's case. How do you like your taxes? That commie state triple dips. My friend from Medford passed away. They taxed his income, taxed it a second time when he died (the wonderful Death Tax) and then a third time on his daughters as inheritance tax. They were basically left with nothing. **** that state.

Sure, Jersey has some nice spots. All states do. Even my ****** state has it's pockets. I just think the bad far outweighs the good in Jersey's case. How do you like your taxes? That commie state triple dips. My friend from Medford passed away. They taxed his income, taxed it a second time when he died (the wonderful Death Tax) and then a third time on his daughters as inheritance tax. They were basically left with nothing. **** that state.

Eh... retiring outside the state isn't out of the question for me, if that's what qualifies it as a ****** state, it's a flimsy argument.

Maybe they should have just at left him the **** alone.... What was he doing.. selling single cigarettes to people. Crime of the century I know.

Yeah, that is pretty much how I feel about selling freaking individual cigarettes, but apparently the store owner called and asked for the police. When the 2 cops showed up, the guy selling the smokes said that he "wanted to be left alone" and made it clear he was not going to cooperate.

At that point, the 2 cops called for backup and the other 4 cops arrived.

Maybe they should have just at left him the **** alone.... What was he doing.. selling single cigarettes to people. Crime of the century I know. Why don't they go arrest one of those Wall St. criminals and choke one of them out. You can implode the economy and nothing happens to you but pull a smoke out of a pack and sell it for a quarter and four cops show up to haul your *** away. Un ******* real.

Yes, we should just let the police decide for themselves which laws to enforce and which ones to ignore. Because that wouldn't give them too much power at all.

Yes, we should just let the police decide for themselves which laws to enforce and which ones to ignore. Because that wouldn't give them too much power at all.
That's cray talk. While we're at it, let's have the whole Executive Branch start picking and choosing which laws to ...wait..

Haha What?

I am not even saying he was necessarily racist- but this is one dumb *** argument you are trying to present.

It's true. The whole takedown was supervised by a black female sergeant. Something the MSM does NOT want you to know.

Supposedly there are going to be protestors at Ross Park Mall today. Whatever the **** Ross Park Mall has to do with it - I think they just enjoy being a pain in the *** to people.

These people need perspective and to get a life.

Black Lives Count!... When a white person kills, when they are black on black gang related killings, then nobody cares.

I really enjoyed seeing the NYC protestors. Lots of white guilt in that crowd. "Seriously, I'm down with black plight. Didn't you see my 'hands up, don't shoot' shirt? It really goes with my hipster glasses and $500 boots. Im down with the cause brother."

I really enjoyed seeing the NYC protestors. Lots of white guilt in that crowd. "Seriously, I'm down with black plight. Didn't you see my 'hands up, don't shoot' shirt? It really goes with my hipster glasses and $500 boots. Im down with the cause brother."

QFT.....cracks me up every time.

Lived in south jersey for awhile. The official state bird is the mosquito.

That's Alaska's state bird as well...and they are as big as birds too!!

Lived in south jersey for awhile. The official state bird is the mosquito.

That's Alaska's state bird as well...and they are as big as birds too!!

This isn't a cop problem , it's a huge government problem.

Maybe if NYC didn't make cigs cost $15 a pack, people wouldn't be selling loosies .

The people of NYC voted for more government, they're getting it

This isn't a cop problem , it's a huge government problem.

Maybe if NYC didn't make cigs cost $15 a pack, people wouldn't be selling loosies .

The people of NYC voted for more government, they're getting it

Excellent points. The core of the problem is that this guy wouldn't have been selling contraband if it wasn't defined that way....and it is clearly defined that way to provide revenue to the gov't -- if cigarette laws were ever about health, they would be completely banned.

Ironically, the police are tasked to enforced dumb/unfair laws on behalf of the government( (for revenue purposes), and may have been over-exuberant in their efforts, mirroring the governments efforts in taxing same.

You just can't make this **** up...

The problem with cops is that they forget that THEY work for US... We shouldn't have to answer their questions with "yes sir" and "no sir"... They should have to answer us that way. We shouldn't have to explain what we're doing or where we're going... They should have to explain why in the **** I'm being pulled over in the first place... And it better be a damn good reason. In a free country, people shouldn't have to worry about some dude with an associates degree from the local community college on a power trip being allowed to just pull them over just to have a little look-see. The authority they posess to stop and detain someone, even if it's only five minutes, should only be exercised when it is truly warranted. If you or I detain someone against there wil for five minutes, the law says we could technically be charged with kidnapping. Everyday on my long commute to work I see poor ******** who are just trying to go to work themselves, pulled over on the side of the road, no doubt getting a ticket and having money sucked out of their wallet for no good reason. I also see people broke down or changing a flat, but never do I see a cop helping them. There all too busy shaking people down on their way to work. What happened to "protect and serve" the public? It's more like "stop and **** with" the public.

The new rules should be:
IF you are to be arrested, the Police should
1. Inform you. Advise you to get on your knees, cross your legs and interlock your fingers behind you head.
2. If you fail to do that, they should them tazer your ***.
3. If you attempt to run or resist with ANY means then you will be shot.

If you follow the new steps and ANY force is used than you will be compensated financially by the City, State & Fed Govt. If you die during that time the financial penalty will be paid to your NOK with a 100x multiplier. All payments will be taken from the checks of all City, State and Fed Govt employees. As a said employee you have the option of quitting or clean up the problem.

So if some 18 year old kid stealing a six pack panics and starts running, you think the police should be allowed to execute him... Just a wee bit extreme... Don't you think? So you as a conservative find fault with a government that over reaches in almost every area, but are okay with a government that performs summary executions of its citizens.... Interesting...