• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Could the Flores hiring lead to a new quarterback (i.e. Watson)?

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
I have to think that the hiring of Brian Flores increases the odds that the Steelers will at least inquire about Deshaun Watson (if they haven't already). By all accounts each is a fan of the other, so much so that Miami reportedly was at the top of Watson's wish list of landing spots before Flores was fired.

In addition, the scuttlebutt here is that it's looking increasingly unlikely that Watson will be charged criminally, and that work is underway to settle the civil suits.

IF both happen, AND Watson does a mea culpa - I think very likely - he would have to like the prospect the playing for the Steelers.

As for the PR fallout, Watson can be re-habbed. Michael Vick was, and the Steelers certainly knew how to navigate that situation. Watson was very popular in Houston - with the team and within in the community - before he developed a fondness for "special massages." My bet is that, in time, he would be popular in Pittsburgh, too.

I think Watson is one of the five best qbs in the league… i just don’t think they will give up that much capital to get a guy with recent sex crimes accusations
You would think after a year off the team would just release him. Odd how they are handling it.

We ain’t shelling out what Watson would cost for a guy that still hasn’t really cleared any of his legal issues a year later…not happening

Flores wanted a job and we were the 1 team willing, has zero increase of the zero percent chance of Watson comin to Pittsburgh

He liked Miami for the prospects of abundance of women to prey on 99% and 1% Flores

They know they have trade value
Doubtful Watson has any trade value. Even if the settlement of all 20+ accusations (now one class action), Watson still has to go through Goodell’s player conduct gauntlet. He still probably will be suspended by the league.

Watson would still have to play y under the auspices of the dumb and dumber combo of Tomlin and Canada. He's not going to play here.

Doubtful Watson has any trade value. Even if the settlement of all 20+ accusations (now one class action), Watson still has to go through Goodell’s player conduct gauntlet. He still probably will be suspended by the league.
He definitely has trade value, but how much is still unclear at this point.

As for possible or probable suspension by the league: One reason the Texans didn't play him is speculation that they hope it could go toward "time served." That could make a trade easier to pull off.

You would think after a year off the team would just release him. Odd how they are handling it.
He has a metric ton of value once teams are sure he will actually play again… much like AB will probably get a sixth chance after he inevitably blows his next one… talent blinds teams to issues

Houston doesn’t want to let him go for nothing… but teams aren’t going to pay premium values for a guy who might go to jail

2 games if he is on another team outside of Pittsburgh. 8 games can be reduced to 6(with good behavior and a long list of things to accomplish) if he is with the Steelers.

This is a team who just fired a coach who probably overachieved last year, then went on to interview guys like Hines Ward and Josh McCown, before finally hiring Lovie Smith who has a career NFL record of 92-90 and NCAA record of 17-39.

rapiestwatson just doesn't have the same ring as rapiestberger. lol

Man getting Watson would be the ****. I agree that he is top five in the league. If they had any proof he did some nasty freaky **** he would be in jail. you would think out of 20 women there would be some DNA or some type of proof anyways.

I feel sorry for any rich and famous young single guy that doesn't want to get married but just get laid. It would suck having to worry about finding yourself in jail or court just cause you got money.

Man getting Watson would be the ****. I agree that he is top five in the league. If they had any proof he did some nasty freaky **** he would be in jail. you would think out of 20 women there would be some DNA or some type of proof anyways.

I feel sorry for any rich and famous young single guy that doesn't want to get married but just get laid. It would suck having to worry about finding yourself in jail or court just cause you got money.
The guy was doing a Jeffrey epstein but to adult masseuse women

what would youguys be willing to give up for him?

Sure bring in DeShaun "Sexual Assault" Watson...we can team him up with Dwayne "Strip Club" Haskins. Am I the only one who sees this organization is heading down the wrong road? This is not the Steeler Way! I guess the standard is no longer the standard!

Sure bring in DeShaun "Sexual Assault" Watson...we can team him up with Dwayne "Strip Club" Haskins. Am I the only one who sees this organization is heading down the wrong road? This is not the Steeler Way! I guess the standard is no longer the standard!
There are no reports that the steelers are interested in Watson, just posters on this board simply stating their opinion. You can come down off the soapbox, it's just the offseason...and we don't have a QB anymore. ANY, and I mean ANY QB that is out there, will be linked to us by fans and the media. So far, the only QB to actually be linked to us with hard evidence is Malik Willis.

There are no reports that the steelers are interested in Watson, just posters on this board simply stating their opinion. You can come down off the soapbox, it's just the offseason...and we don't have a QB anymore. ANY, and I mean ANY QB that is out there, will be linked to us by fans and the media. So far, the only QB to actually be linked to us with hard evidence is Malik Willis.
There's only 1 QB I want on this team and that is Kenny Pickett. And it's because he's one of the most accurate college QB's I've ever seen play the game! As for Malik Willis....NO THANK YOU! I hope Carolina is dumb enough to draft him Top 10......Redskins will take Matt Corral and he's got mental health issues....not a guy I want leading a football team. Stephon Tuitt anyone? Pickett is the man if he's there at #20. Whoever gets him has a great young QB to build a team around.

There's only 1 QB I want on this team and that is Kenny Pickett. And it's because he's one of the most accurate college QB's I've ever seen play the game! As for Malik Willis....NO THANK YOU! I hope Carolina is dumb enough to draft him Top 10......Redskins will take Matt Corral and he's got mental health issues....not a guy I want leading a football team. Stephon Tuitt anyone? Pickett is the man if he's there at #20. Whoever gets him has a great young QB to build a team around.
Most accurate college QB?

He’s nfl material no doubt but I’ll have to pimp out 7th year senior. Stetson Tom Cruise Bennett IV as accurate

Steelers after dark overtime edition xxx

While I agree, of the QB'S in this year's draft, Pickett is the only one I'd take, but only if he's there at 20 (he won't be). I wouldn't trade up for any of them. Not with all the other needs we have.

And I'll say this about Pickett, his college tape reminds me of Josh Allen. Not saying he'll be the same, but the college tape plays pretty similar. Even Allen was very inconsistent his first year, and made A HUGE leap in years 2 and 3.

Willis has two things going for him (and plenty more against him), but only one of those is a fit for Canada's so called system. His legs. He throws a great deep ball, but everything else is horrid and super raw, I'll cheer him on, just like I did Jarvis Jones, even tho we all knew it wouldn't work...