• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

Fewer than 1-2% of parents are getting their toddlers the vax. Smart move. From the WSJ: https://archive.ph/t6eLa, published July 4

Tremendous article, urge all to read it.

View attachment 8903

More troubling, vaccinated toddlers in Pfizer’s trial were more likely to get severely ill with Covid than those who received a placebo. Pfizer claimed most severe cases weren’t “clinically significant,” whatever that means, but this was all the more reason that the FDA should have required a longer follow-up before authorizing the vaccine.

Also worrisome: Most kids who developed multiple infections during the trial were vaccinated. This warranted more investigation, since experimental vaccines for other diseases sometimes increase susceptibility to infection.

Scientists are also discovering that triple-vaccinated adults who were previously infected with the Wuhan variant have a weaker immune response to Omicron, leaving them more susceptible to reinfection. This phenomenon, called “immunological imprinting,” could explain why children who received three Pfizer shots were more likely to get reinfected.

The FDA brushed aside the risk that inoculating infants against a variant no longer circulating could blunt their immune responses to Omicron and its offshoots. There’s a reason vaccine trials usually take a decade. Some steps can be accelerated, but an extended follow-up is often necessary to ensure potential side effects aren’t overlooked.
It was always political. Always. From the minute COVID showed up, and the vaccines were characterized as "TRUMP Vaccines" and nobody should trust them and no one was going to take them, to "the vaccines are safe, effective and the only way to treat this disease, no therapeutics, natural immunity sucks blah blah." It was always political.

My comments have vacillated over the years because the effectiveness of the vaccines has changed with changing variants. The virulence of the variants has changed over the years. You know this, but great example of how you twist things to try and say something that isn’t true.

My last comment that you posted was asking a question. It wasn’t stating anything as a fact. And data has since shown that the vaccines do reduce hospitalization with omicron though to a lesser degree and duration than with earlier variants. I won’t bother posting because of course if it’s on the CDC website it’s a lie. Omicron of course appears to be less virulent but in people who are at risk the extra protection is important. Hopefully they’ll come up with more effective vaccines as I’ve also repeatedly stated. For now these offer some protection though it isn’t perfect by any means.

And you did exactly what I defined here: https://www.steelernation.com/forums/threads/covid-vaccine.36523/post-957483

Your first statement is your theory. You have no causal proof of that. There is plenty of evidence to show that the vaccines wane over a period of time, and it has nothing to do with the variant of the day. Data and facts and studies showed they waned within weeks to months during Delta. It has nothing to do with Delta, Omicron of Theta Chi. The vaccines weren't very good - as you yourself said.

Variants changing doesn't change how the vaccine stops producing antibodies inside a human being. The vaccines waned inside the human body. Countless tests showed dropping antibodies over time. That has nothing to do with the variants.

Last edited:
And you did exactly what I defined here: https://www.steelernation.com/forums/threads/covid-vaccine.36523/post-957483

Your first statement is your theory. You have no causal proof of that. There is plenty of evidence to show that the vaccines wane over a period of time, regardless. Data and facts showed, they waned within weeks during Delta. The vaccines weren't very good - as you yourself said.

Variants changing doesn't change how the vaccine stops producing antibodies inside a human being. The vaccines waned inside the human body. Countless tests showed dropping antibodies over time. That has nothing to do with the variants.
Nobody is arguing with any of that. I have agreed with that over and over again. Obviously no one wants a vaccine that has to be boosted every few months. I hope they come up with a better one. Obviously no one can know how long protection from a vaccine lasts until it's been around for awhile. Obviously no one can know that a vaccine that was pretty effective against one variant won't be as effective against new ones, until a new one comes along. Now that we know it doesn't last all that long or work as well on new variants, scientists are working furiously to correct those issues. That doesn't mean the vaccines offered no protection. That doesn't mean they didn't save lives. And it also has got nothing to do with the baseless claims of tens of thousands of vaccine caused deaths, infertility and the like.

"Australia started a register because of a recent rise in SADS" when it was actually started pre-covid is not changing understanding. It's not questioning the status quo. It's not developing information. It's a lie designed intentionally to scare people.

Kirsch has been abandoned by the scientists who once advised him...because the claims he is making are not backed by evidence. https://www.technologyreview.com/20...re-steve-kirsch-covid-vaccine-misinformation/

Mercola has a net worth of over 100 million being an anti-vaxxer and hawking bogus alternative medicine.

You can find hundreds of article debunking Berenson's claims. Here's one, in which the authors of some of the studies he cites vehemently disagree with his conclusions:

Aside from Mercola none of these people have any expertise in medicine, virology or pharmacology. Almost all people who do shun their ideas as false but I guess according to you they're all lying.

Last edited:
Did you not understand the point of the post, or are you being intentionally obtuse?

Never mind, rhetorical question.

But you are correct that it never did get FDA approval, however tens of thousands of Americans did take the drug during clinical trials in this country, before they realized the danger.

The problem I have with the approval process for the messenger RNA vaccines is that steps taken for approval were rushed, skipped or completely ignored.

The general public is the clinical trial.
No major medical association has sounded that alarm.

I’m curious, where did you stand on the use of HCQ during Covid?

Nobody is arguing with any of that.

But you did. You made a statement that is a theory and not factually correct. "My comments have vacillated over the years because the effectiveness of the vaccines has changed with changing variants." You indicated the effectiveness of the vaccines changed because the variants came along. That's incorrect according to the science. If the initial variant had remained, the antibodies humans were producing after receiving the vaccines STILL would have dropped. That's what the studies show. After a period of time, your body stops producing antibodies because the vaccine is poorly designed. The variants didn't cause that dynamic, the vax did.

Obviously no one can know that a vaccine that was pretty effective against one variant won't be as effective against new ones, until a new one comes along.

See above. It was pretty effective because the vast majority of jabs were given in a 6 month window. By the end of that 6 month window, even the pharmas were admitting the vaccines waned in protection. Thus...they would have stopped being effective against that first variant in time as well. They were only "effective" for a few months...because they are only effective for a few months.

Now that we know it doesn't last all that long or work as well on new variants, scientists are working furiously to correct those issues.

Yes we've seen. Proposing shortening the time to market by doing less trial testing.

That doesn't mean the vaccines offered no protection. That doesn't mean they didn't save lives.

I've never claimed they didn't. What I have claimed is that they are a shell of what they should have been, that they were losing their effectiveness (they are impotent now), and dangerous.

And it also has got nothing to do with the baseless claims of tens of thousands of vaccine caused deaths, infertility and the like.

You can no more prove your statement here than you can disprove mine. Countless studies (even some just 2 days ago) have been posted here showing the vaccines do in fact lower sperm counts in men and alter women's menstrual cycles.

"Australia started a register because of a recent rise in SADS" when it was actually started pre-covid is not changing understanding. It's not questioning the status quo. It's not developing information. It's a lie designed intentionally to scare people.

Again, you cannot prove SADS isn't on the rise. Yes, the registry may have begun prior to the pandemic.

Kirsch has been abandoned by the scientists who once advised him...because the claims he is making are not backed by evidence. https://www.technologyreview.com/20...re-steve-kirsch-covid-vaccine-misinformation/

Mercola has a net worth of over 100 million being an anti-vaxxer and hawking bogus alternative medicine.

See my long winded post again about heretics and flat earth. Kirsch was abandoned because he didn't subscribe to popular thought. And if anything OFTB, the last two years should show you that "evidence in the moment" is subject to rapid change. What was fact yesterday becomes misinformation tomorrow.

You can find hundreds of article debunking Berenson's claims. Here's one, in which the authors of some of the studies he cites vehemently disagree with his conclusions:

Aside from Mercola none of these people have any expertise in medicine, virology or pharmacology. Almost all people who do shun their ideas as false but I guess according to you they're all lying.

And we can point to hundreds, if not thousands of links that debunk what we have been told by the CDC, the WHO, the US Government, scientists, and our MSM. They disseminated a massive ton of misinformation.

I mean the entire universe began calling Ivermectin horse medicine. Utterly ignoring it's practical use in humans for 60 years. LOL

Misinformation abounds. You just have a problem with the non-mainstream misinfo and focus only on that pool of misinfo.

Kirsch was abandoned because he didn't subscribe to popular thought.
Kirsch was abandoned for trying to coerce people to abandon scientific methods and proper data analysis and back up his wild rantings. According to the people who abandoned him. But of course they are all lying and he is telling the truth.
You just have a problem with the non-mainstream misinfo and focus only on that pool of misinfo.
No, again there is a difference between getting things wrong, evolving knowledge, and intentionally misleading or outright lying to people. I have a problem with the latter no matter who is doing it.

My last post here, this is a long article but if you want solid scientific studies on the current understanding of effectiveness it's well worth reading:

I'm no longer worried about the Chinese flu. Apparently it is a problem only in election years in swing states, and it's 2022 and I live in Georgia ...

Uh-oh. I better get my 5th shot.

It was always political. Always. From the minute COVID showed up, and the vaccines were characterized as "TRUMP Vaccines" and nobody should trust them and no one was going to take them, to "the vaccines are safe, effective and the only way to treat this disease, no therapeutics, natural immunity sucks blah blah." It was always political.
No, it was always political to those who seek to make everything political.

Kirsch was abandoned for trying to coerce people to abandon scientific methods and proper data analysis and back up his wild rantings. According to the people who abandoned him. But of course they are all lying and he is telling the truth.

No, again there is a difference between getting things wrong, evolving knowledge, and intentionally misleading or outright lying to people. I have a problem with the latter no matter who is doing it.

Can you prove these people were "intentionally" misleading? Could it be that they had theories, some of which were possibly right, some of which were wrong? When the CDC or the WHO is wrong, you say they made a mistake. They learned. Science is evolving.

But anyone who isn't a flat-earther that questions the science of the moment, they are "intentionally trying to mislead."

OK.

Last edited:
No major medical association has sounded that alarm.

I’m curious, where did you stand on the use of HCQ during Covid?
Meh, I'm just expressing my opinion from working in the pharmaceutical field for over 45 years. The vaccines were rushed to market and the FDA did bypass normal procedures, there's no question about that. FDA approval takes years, sometimes up to 10 for approval, not months.

As far as HCQ is concerned, it's been available for over 50 years, I dispensed thousands of doses and can't recall any patient I had with an adverse event that would require discontinuing the drug. Did it work for Covid, some say it did, so who am I to tell them not to take it. There's certainly more clinical data on it than these vaccines.

My last post here, this is a long article but if you want solid scientific studies on the current understanding of effectiveness it's well worth reading:

Oh good grief. Speaking of SubStack-like news sources SMH.

A site compiled by Jeffrey Morris to dispel evil misinformation.

Author Bio: Jeffrey S. Morris is a statistical data scientist, professor and Director of Biostatistics at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.

He is a statistics guy.

Yeah. About that. From NBC New York. Even the Liberal MSM is reporting it.

COVID booster shots appear to be less than 20% effective against infection with the omicron variant of the virus just a few months after the booster is given, a new study found this week.

"Booster doses were found to restore the VE [vaccine effectiveness] to levels comparable to those acquired soon after administration of the second dose; however, a fast decline of booster VE against Omicron was observed, with less than 20% VE against infection and less than 25% VE against symptomatic disease at 9 months from the booster administration," the authors wrote in the paper released Wednesday.

Studied and written by:

Center for Health Emergencies, Bruno Kessler Foundation, Trento, Italy
Department of Mathematics, University of Trento, Trento, Italy
Epilab-JRU, FEM-FBK Joint Research Unit, Trento, Italy
Dondena Centre for Research on Social Dynamics and Public Policy, Bocconi University, Milaan, Italy
Laboratory for Computational Epidemiology and Public Health, Department of Epidemiology and
Biostatistics, Indiana University School of Public Health, Bloomington, IN, USA

I'll defer to the doctors supported by epidemiologists and statisticians.

Meh, I'm just expressing my opinion from working in the pharmaceutical field for over 45 years.

Which means you are only half the medical expert Flog is.

Oh good grief. Speaking of SubStack-like news sources SMH.

A site compiled by Jeffrey Morris to dispel evil misinformation.

Author Bio: Jeffrey S. Morris is a statistical data scientist, professor and Director of Biostatistics at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.

He is a statistics guy.

Yeah. About that. From NBC New York. Even the Liberal MSM is reporting it.

COVID booster shots appear to be less than 20% effective against infection with the omicron variant of the virus just a few months after the booster is given, a new study found this week.

"Booster doses were found to restore the VE [vaccine effectiveness] to levels comparable to those acquired soon after administration of the second dose; however, a fast decline of booster VE against Omicron was observed, with less than 20% VE against infection and less than 25% VE against symptomatic disease at 9 months from the booster administration," the authors wrote in the paper released Wednesday.

Studied and written by:

Center for Health Emergencies, Bruno Kessler Foundation, Trento, Italy
Department of Mathematics, University of Trento, Trento, Italy
Epilab-JRU, FEM-FBK Joint Research Unit, Trento, Italy
Dondena Centre for Research on Social Dynamics and Public Policy, Bocconi University, Milaan, Italy
Laboratory for Computational Epidemiology and Public Health, Department of Epidemiology and
Biostatistics, Indiana University School of Public Health, Bloomington, IN, USA

I'll defer to the doctors supported by epidemiologists and statisticians.
Those are numbers on effectiveness against infection and symptomatic illness. the article I posted is on effectiveness against severe illness. And was loaded with actual medical studies which I'm sure you didn't bother to read.

Last edited:
Those are numbers on effectiveness against infection and symptomatic illness. the article I posted is on effectiveness against severe illness. And was loaded with actual medical studies which I'm sure you didn't bother to read.

From a statistician who runs a website promoting the dangers of Covid.

I got through 8 pages before questioning the content. So I researched the guy. Then looked at the site. You do realize it is just another Subtack-style space, spaces you look down your nose at right? Covid Data Science is literally no different than Substack. It's just this math guy is on the opposite side of the fence.

Substack writers almost always fill their articles "chock" full of scientific studies too. Berenson does in nearly every article he writes. But he's full of misinformation!! (said in my best Tucker voice).

This is your guy and his Substack.

1657328352882.png
1657328395586.png
1657328597637.png
1657328648020.png
1657328668864.png

All this guy is is the alternate SubStack, with his own agenda, Super Hero for the vaccines. He's literally Berenson and Kirsch, just on the other side of the aisle. And he's a statistician.

Last edited:
From a statistician who runs a website promoting the dangers of Covid.

I got through 8 pages before questioning the content. So I researched the guy. Then looked at the site. You do realize it is just another Subtack-style space, spaces you look down your nose at right? Covid Data Science is literally no different than Substack. It's just this math guy is on the opposite side of the fence.

Substack writers almost always fill their articles "chock" full of scientific studies too. Berenson does in nearly every article he writes. But he's full of misinformation!! (said in my best Tucker voice).

This is your guy and his Substack.

View attachment 8908
View attachment 8909
View attachment 8910
View attachment 8911
View attachment 8912

All this guy is is the alternate SubStack, with his own agenda, Super Hero for the vaccines. He's literally Berenson and Kirsch, just on the other side of the aisle. And he's a statistician.
He's a data scientist in the field of biostatistics which means he understand how data is supposed to be interpreted in this field and how it can be distorted and twisted. Try reading some of what he writes, you might learn something.

Jeffrey S. Morris, PhD​

Professor of Biostatistics / Director, Biostatistics Division​

In addition to his professorial role, Dr. Morris serves as Director of the Division of Biostatistics. His research interests focus on developing quantitative methods to extract knowledge from biomedical big data, including work to relate complex biomedical object data—including functions, images and manifolds—to patient outcomes and characteristics using flexible, automated regression methods, and to integrate information across multiple types of multi-platform genomic, proteomic, imaging, and wearable device data to uncover biomedical insights contained in these complex data. He has done extensive applied work in cancer research, including constructing novel prognostic indices for hepatocellular carcinoma and helping develop and characterize molecular subtypes of colorectal cancer to discover new precision therapeutic strategies.
Dr. Morris is a Fellow of the Institute for Mathematical Statistics (IMS) and of the American Statistical Association (ASA), and has been recognized with various national honors, including the ASA’s Noether Young Scholar Award and Harvard University’s Myrto Leftkopoulou Distinguished Invited Lectureship. Dr. Morris was honored by M.D. Anderson with the 2018-19 Faculty Mentoring Award, given annually to one research faculty member in the institution. He has served as President of the East North American Region (ENAR) of the International Biometric Society and overall program chair for the Joint Statistical Meetings, the largest statistical meetings in the world. He also is currently the editor of Biology, Medicine and Genomics for the IMS journal The Annals of Applied Statistics and has served as an associate editor of several leading data science journals, including Biometrics and the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B.

Content Area Specialties​

Cancer research, Colorectal cancer, Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Genomics, Computational Biology

Methodology Specialties​

Functional Data Analysis, Bayesian Modeling, Genomics, Integrative Modeling

And once again, you don't have to take his word for anything, there are numerous studies in the article I posted.

Yes, Berenson posts studies and then proceeds to cherry pick and misinterpret them as has been demonstrated numerous times by many different people including the authors of the studies that he posts.

And yes, I swear I really am done with wasting my time in this thread. Apologies for going back on my word numerous times on that one. I hope I've provided some useful information for some who might be interested in hearing another perspective than the constant anti=vax drumbeat here. If not that's ok too.

Last edited:
The data that aligns with my views is correct and sciencey. The data I disagree with is misinformation and just stupid.

The data that aligns with my views is correct and sciencey. The data I disagree with is misinformation and just stupid.
THIS is what the FDA and CDC have become. No one on either side will EVERY agree. I think it’s time for some # a squiggly line maybe a q be added.

He's a data scientist in the field of biostatistics which means he understand how data is supposed to be interpreted in this field and how it can be distorted and twisted. Try reading some of what he writes, you might learn something.

Jeffrey S. Morris, PhD​

Professor of Biostatistics / Director, Biostatistics Division​

In addition to his professorial role, Dr. Morris serves as Director of the Division of Biostatistics. His research interests focus on developing quantitative methods to extract knowledge from biomedical big data, including work to relate complex biomedical object data—including functions, images and manifolds—to patient outcomes and characteristics using flexible, automated regression methods, and to integrate information across multiple types of multi-platform genomic, proteomic, imaging, and wearable device data to uncover biomedical insights contained in these complex data. He has done extensive applied work in cancer research, including constructing novel prognostic indices for hepatocellular carcinoma and helping develop and characterize molecular subtypes of colorectal cancer to discover new precision therapeutic strategies.
Dr. Morris is a Fellow of the Institute for Mathematical Statistics (IMS) and of the American Statistical Association (ASA), and has been recognized with various national honors, including the ASA’s Noether Young Scholar Award and Harvard University’s Myrto Leftkopoulou Distinguished Invited Lectureship. Dr. Morris was honored by M.D. Anderson with the 2018-19 Faculty Mentoring Award, given annually to one research faculty member in the institution. He has served as President of the East North American Region (ENAR) of the International Biometric Society and overall program chair for the Joint Statistical Meetings, the largest statistical meetings in the world. He also is currently the editor of Biology, Medicine and Genomics for the IMS journal The Annals of Applied Statistics and has served as an associate editor of several leading data science journals, including Biometrics and the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B.

Content Area Specialties​

Cancer research, Colorectal cancer, Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Genomics, Computational Biology

Methodology Specialties​

Functional Data Analysis, Bayesian Modeling, Genomics, Integrative Modeling

And once again, you don't have to take his word for anything, there are numerous studies in the article I posted.

Yes, Berenson posts studies and then proceeds to cherry pick and misinterpret them as has been demonstrated numerous times by many different people including the authors of the studies that he posts.

And yes, I swear I really am done with wasting my time in this thread. Apologies for going back on my word numerous times on that one. I hope I've provided some useful information for some who might be interested in hearing another perspective than the constant anti=vax drumbeat here. If not that's ok too.

There are numerous studies in the articles I post. You dismiss them because they go against your confirmation bias.

His site is literally no different than Substack. He has the same agenda Berenson and Kirsch do, just on the opposite end of the spectrum. You disagree with that end of the spectrum, so you dismiss it. Call it misinformation.

I've read enough to see that he also cherry picks. What you accuse those on the other end of the spectrum of doing.

Likewise, I dismiss his end of the spectrum as biased and full of misinformation. I've posted scientific and medical research that opposes his "statistical" views. You won't consider it.

Majority opinion is flat-earth opinion. You won't see it. Can't. Disappointing, given how much majority opinion has been disproven in the past 28 months or more. Keep hanging on....only to dismiss their errors later on as "learning" and "science evolving." Convenient.

You keep saying you are done.

Funny how everyone who agreed with the majority thinking in 2020 and 2021....after so much of it was proven wrong....were never labeled misinformation spreaders.

Those who saw through the BS and called it out...were labeled misinformation spreaders.

Many of us saw the world was round while the majority screamed the earth was flat.

Change happens. It's the heretics who help change world views.

And here it comes. The Ninja-Midterm Variant. Most deadly ever. All must vote by mail and internet. To save humanity.

And here it comes. The Ninja-Midterm Variant. Most deadly ever. All must vote by mail and internet. To save humanity.

It’s all such bullshit. Anyone with a shred of common sense knows it.

They can **** off with that. We knew it was coming because now we know it's just a political stunt from gangsters.

I've got a new variant for them. It's the **** you variant.

All it us now is just another flu type virus stacked along with all of the others we've had for centuries.

This one just got 2+ years of mind ******* media fear porn 24/7.

And why isn't China paying for this ****?

The way I look at it, the people who mandated the vaccine and keep supporting this bullshit are the same people who prevented me from saying goodbye to my stepdad when he needed family in the room when he was taking his last gasps. You all can go **** yourselves until hell freezes over!!!!!You know who you are...**** YOU!!!! I hope I'm clear in how I think about you.

Last edited:
The way I look at it, the people who mandated the vaccine and keep supporting this bullshit are the same people who prevented me from saying goodbye to my stepdad when he needed family in the room when he was taking his last gasps. You all can go **** yourselves until hell freezes over!!!!!You know who you are...**** YOU!!!! I hope I'm clear in how I think about you.

Not enough is said about this. The thousands of people who had to die literally alone. Alone. Without their family being permitted to be present.

Can you imagine that horror? I cannot.

My high school friend died that way. He was a year ahead of me in high school and I grew up with him. I was closer to his sister. She and I were part of a tight crew in high school.

As he was dying in WA state, she and her family were trying to go see him. They were prohibited from going to see him. They had to FaceTime with him as Covid progressed in his body. They prayed together, talked, cried together for weeks. He was alone. He had to tell them "in the next day or two I am going to go comatose then die." And had to say goodbye via a ******* cell phone. Then they had to wait as doctors gave them more and more grim updates. Until he died.

I agree with you. **** all of them. People should have been able to make the choice to be with their loved ones as they passed, assuming that personal risk.