• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dan Moore

diver

Reaction score
I don't know what the hell the PFF numbers mean half the time. I pay very little attention to it. But before the season their numbers were used by some here to disparage Dan Moore.

Turns out that they are now saying Dan Moore may be the most improved player in the NFL.

Interesting.

Are those numbers gospel now?

Best Olinemen in the Steeler Locker room right now..
And he’s probably gone next season ?

Dan moore was never quite as bad as we made him out to be.. he had trouble adapting to the outside speed rush early in his career, but he got better at it...

PFF underrated him before and overrates him now..

Jones has the Talent to be a top OT in the league.. Moore is a solid starter. Well worth the 4 th rounder we spent on him

Also when people start calling Jones a bust, remember how long it took for Moore or AV or well most LT to get better.. its not typically a position you are ready out of the box

I always liked Dan Moore. I thought he has really hung in there in some tough circumstances. He's worked. I'm glad it's paying off for him. I hope it continues. But you all know how it is. One rough week, and it'll be "Dan Moore sucks!!!"
You always liked the worst LT in the NFL whose team drafted in the first round, consecutively, to fix that poor performance?

Maybe he is a good guy, but he is clearly indicative of the lack of performance on the OL.

That he is the best performer, to some, speaks to the injuries and poor play of the OL.

Hell, on one play Sunday night he took one step to his left towards a rusher, made no contact, then lunged to his right, whiffing on the rusher in the spot he just vacated. Two rushers came untouched at Fields.

of course he is. the writing was on the wall when Fautanu was drafted. Now Moore's eyeing the bag next season and playing like his mortgage depends on it.

He has been underrated because he was young and raw plus he played in a terrible offense that set the line up for failure. This year the offense is struggling due to injuries and the learning curve of the QB, but it is now at least a real NFL worthy concept that doesn't set the line for failure. He improved every year.

You always liked the worst LT in the NFL whose team drafted in the first round, consecutively, to fix that poor performance?

Maybe he is a good guy, but he is clearly indicative of the lack of performance on the OL.

That he is the best performer, to some, speaks to the injuries and poor play of the OL.

Hell, on one play Sunday night he took one step to his left towards a rusher, made no contact, then lunged to his right, whiffing on the rusher in the spot he just vacated. Two rushers came untouched at Fields.
Yeah that play was horrible.... If you mess up at least block one guy.... I think the line is poorly coached. We surely can not have that bad of talent. I think we have also mismanaged guys like Jones. We do have a lot of injuries, but some stuff happened before the injuries

I’m an electrician. PFF has graded me the best plumber in the nation the last two weeks…..

That's because electricians aren't really acknowledged amongst the trades............................................................. J/K (I'm a licensed plumber)

Electricians are just really really REALLY tired plumbers............................

Salute the nation

Yes I do. And he was not the worse tackle in the NFL. Unless PFF is right. If they were right when they were saying that, are the right now?

I never said Dan Moore was a great player. I have stated, clearly, I think he is a solid player that you can win with. I admire that he has worked hard, never complained and hung in there. That has to count for something, right? The Steelers have too many players it seems who think shiit should just be handed to them, including, if you believe some reports, the first round tackle from last year. Maybe the Steelers need more Dan Moores.

Best Olinemen in the Steeler Locker room right now..
And he’s probably gone next season ?
James Daniels was listed on early All-Pro teams but I guess he's out. IMO, Zach Frazier is the best OL right now. He's been very, very good.

Dan Moore is without a doubt improved and easily playing the best football of his career.

Yes I do. And he was not the worse tackle in the NFL. Unless PFF is right. If they were right when they were saying that, are the right now?

I never said Dan Moore was a great player. I have stated, clearly, I think he is a solid player that you can win with. I admire that he has worked hard, never complained and hung in there. That has to count for something, right? The Steelers have too many players it seems who think shiit should just be handed to them, including, if you believe some reports, the first round tackle from last year. Maybe the Steelers need more Dan Moores.
The Steelers won 10 games with Sean Mahan as the starting center. Teams can win with bad players in the starting lineup. Moore was without a doubt a low-end LT. I'm glad he's played at an above average this year. Outside of Jones and Anderson, I think the OL has played pretty well individually, not always as a unit because of breakdowns.

The Steelers won 10 games with Sean Mahan as the starting center. Teams can win with bad players in the starting lineup. Moore was without a doubt a low-end LT. I'm glad he's played at an above average this year. Outside of Jones and Anderson, I think the OL has played pretty well individually, not always as a unit because of breakdowns.

I think McCormick has played well considering his 4th rnd status and spot(s) played.

Salute the nation

I always liked Dan Moore. I thought he has really hung in there in some tough circumstances. He's worked. I'm glad it's paying off for him. I hope it continues. But you all know how it is. One rough week, and it'll be "Dan Moore sucks!!!"
Every time I bothered to check he's been on the bottom of the list statistically. Everytime. Maybe year 4 was the charm.

Also when people start calling Jones a bust, remember how long it took for Moore or AV or well most LT to get better.. its not typically a position you are ready out of the box

Focus and effort was never an issue with Moore, though.

It seems to be the case with Jones, as coaches have reportedly been unhappy with his work in practice and it's reflected in him appearing lackadaisical and lazy in games.

While Moore has steadily improved after starting off poorly, Jones started off pretty well last year and has regressed big time.

It's not a good sign, and between Jones and Pickens, maybe the Steelers should layoff drafting the UGA players high for awhile.

The Steelers once drafted Troy Edwards and Plaxico Burress in consecutive years when they already had Hines Ward starting for them.

Sometimes players get better and exceed the expectations their team had for them.

Who knows? Maybe it was the extra motivation of the Steelers drafting Edwards and Burress that pushed Ward to become the player he became.

We've been reading all summer about how Moore felt an additional incentive from the drafting of Jones and Fautanu, and it may not be a coincidence that he seems to have improved and is now playing the best ball of his career.

With Jones struggling and Fautanu's injury, it's gotten to the point where they're going to have strongly consider resigning Moore, or end up having to draft another OT in the first two rounds, at the expense of other parts of the team.

Every time I bothered to check he's been on the bottom of the list statistically. Everytime. Maybe year 4 was the charm.
I don't pay any attention really to PFF numbers. I use my eyes. And, again, I am not saying he was great. But I didn't think he was as bad as he was portrayed. He sure as hell wasn't helped by the OC they had.

The only reason I brought it up is their numbers were used by you as a way to disparage him. You threw out those numbers every chance you got to rip him. Why didn't you start a post pointing out that it appears those numbers have improved significantly? Doesn't fit the narrative I guess.

Dan moore was never quite as bad as we made him out to be.. he had trouble adapting to the outside speed rush early in his career, but he got better at it...

PFF underrated him before and overrates him now..

Jones has the Talent to be a top OT in the league.. Moore is a solid starter. Well worth the 4 th rounder we spent on him

Not really, PFF numbers are hot garbage. When those numbers support Miles Garrett over TJ Watt, you know, the man who ties the NFL sack record, you can't possibly use those numbers to support a damn thing.

Focus and effort was never an issue with Moore, though.

It seems to be the case with Jones, as coaches have reportedly been unhappy with his work in practice and it's reflected in him appearing lackadaisical and lazy in games.

While Moore has steadily improved after starting off poorly, Jones started off pretty well last year and has regressed big time.

It's not a good sign, and between Jones and Pickens, maybe the Steelers should layoff drafting the UGA players high for awhile.
I'm not a fan of Cowherd, but he pointed out years ago when USC was dominating that picking players from there was a risk. There was so much talent on the roster you could not be sure if individually they were that talented or it was talent level around them. Matt Leinart comes to mind. The linebacker who went to the Bengals. Also, what adversity did they have while in college? No one wants adversity, but you can't deny it toughens people.