• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

DAY 2 LIVE UP TO THE MINUTE DRAFT THREAD

Has anyone mentioned (sorry in advance) that Patrick Peterson will have played with both Porter Sr. (Cardinals) and Jr.. Read that yesterday somewhere.
Peterson is also related to Bryant McFadden.

It’s been almost a week and I still don’t have buyers remorse on any pick … even that unknown C in the seventh intrigues me now
Absolutely Madin, every year there is at least one pick in the first two days and more day three when they grab someone and my stomach turns saying wtf. The next week I'm trying to find information that eases the pain, turning to this site looking for comfort from posts regarding the upside and I can find solace.

Not this year, there are some issues with a couple players' past injuries but the upside was just too big to pass where they were selected. A draft that surpassed expectations to put it mildly.

Absolutely Madin, every year there is at least one pick in the first two days and more day three when they grab someone and my stomach turns saying wtf. The next week I'm trying to find information that eases the pain, turning to this site looking for comfort from posts regarding the upside and I can find solace.

Not this year, there are some issues with a couple players' past injuries but the upside was just too big to pass where they were selected. A draft that surpassed expectations to put it mildly.
I think the roster at times was simply void of talent. Colbert has to take his fair share of the blame for being the problem. Not saying entirely but the free agency/ draft approach wasn't good enough. I think Omar and the gang has tried diligently to reverse this issue. I thought for awhile the club just wasn't aggressive enough. Arguably not true this offseason. Adding the necessary competition will give this team a fighting chance to be competitive.

Are you buying the story?

I didn't know what to think about it to be honest. What I do know is we can thank Billacheat obviously for making the trade, also the Packers. Without their participation the Jets would have picked before the Patriots. Also we can thank Bill yet again for picking another D-lineman just before Benton. So Ol Bill helped with our trenches. He owes us a few it is the least he could have done.

By the way not to forget which partially for me makes the story potentially bullsheet, patriots love to stockpile picks. They are iffy at drafting so throw a brunch of **** against the wall and hope it sticks.

They no longer have Ernie and Lady to attract free agents. So I love looking at the shell of what once was. I hope that mediocrity follows that cheating ****** into retirement.

In the FUTURE, rides in the LUXURY S10 can help for all ailments.

That’s why Lunar is going through the vigorous training needed to be a certified driver and massage therapist (Combined course that teaches massage-ing while driving-legally.)

Sign up soon enough and 1st ride is free……….. tips encouraged as Lunar needs grocery & $.25 matinee movie money…

Salute the nation

By the way not to forget which partially for me makes the story potentially bullsheet, patriots love to stockpile picks. They are iffy at drafting so throw a brunch of **** against the wall and hope it sticks.

They no longer have Ernie and Lady to attract free agents. So I love looking at the shell of what once was. I hope that mediocrity AND the RED HOT POKER follows that cheating ****** into retirement.

I thought that is what you said………

Salute the nation

I didn't know what to think about it to be honest. What I do know is we can thank Billacheat obviously for making the trade, also the Packers. Without their participation the Jets would have picked before the Patriots. Also we can thank Bill yet again for picking another D-lineman just before Benton. So Ol Bill helped with our trenches. He owes us a few it is the least he could have done.

They no longer have Ernie and Lady to attract free agents. So I love looking at the shell of what once was. I hope that mediocrity follows that cheating ****** into retirement.
It was reported by several insiders that Omar call to Belichick was that they would like to make a trade to grab a player that they knew the NYJ were going to select. The players name wasn't mentioned, but the position was. Belichick was open to it for the right compensation. Omar then negotiated the 4th round pick. What ISN‘T verified is whether Belichick wanted one of the 3rd rounders (I believe he would've without question). Regardless of what anyone thinks, the trade was considered a great value for both sides based on those draft charts everyone uses (each team has their own version, but are all similar in calculation). Whatever NYJ did to have their selection is based on their scouting dept. I know a couple Jets fans who are pretty “meh” this year after the GM hit a home run last year with Sauce and Garrett. (Having two early 1st rounders helps too).

I think the roster at times was simply void of talent. Colbert has to take his fair share of the blame for being the problem. Not saying entirely but the free agency/ draft approach wasn't good enough. I think Omar and the gang has tried diligently to reverse this issue. I thought for awhile the club just wasn't aggressive enough. Arguably not true this offseason. Adding the necessary competition will give this team a fighting chance to be competitive.
I like what Kahn is doing as well, but he also has a lot less dead cap to deal with, compared to the last couple of seasons under Colbert:

2021: $30.38 million
2022: $36.52 million
2023: $11.77 million

Ben's dead cap hit of 10.34 last year was obviously the biggest factor, but there were other sizable contributors as well, due to the retirements (two of which were sudden and unexpected) of Pouncey (6.475), DeCastro (3.03), and Tuitt (4.93).

Tuitt and Myles Jack accounted for more than $8 million of this year's dead cap. Other than that, Omar's had practically a clean slate to work with, and that has allowed him much more freedom to wheel-and-deal than Colbert had in recent seasons.

I like what Kahn is doing as well, but he also has a lot less dead cap to deal with, compared to the last couple of seasons under Colbert:

2021: $30.38 million
2022: $36.52 million
2023: $11.77 million

Ben's dead cap hit of 10.34 last year was obviously the biggest factor, but there were other sizable contributors as well, due to the retirements (two of which were sudden and unexpected) of Pouncey (6.475), DeCastro (3.03), and Tuitt (4.93).

Tuitt and Myles Jack accounted for more than $8 million of this year's dead cap. Other than that, Omar's had practically a clean slate to work with, and that has allowed him much more freedom to wheel-and-deal than Colbert had in recent seasons.

The past half decade has been marred with unexpected roster implosions with star players that were not ancient..
lev Bell illogically destroying his career… Martavis smoking himself out of the league..
AB melting down.
Shazier’s horrific injury.
Tuitt losing his heart in his prime…
Both Decastro and Pouncey retiring.. I mean they were what? 30 and 31? Thats a whole contract earlier than what you expect all pro linemen to retire at…. The 31/32 seasons should have been the end of their primes… not the end of their careers…

How do you plan for that much All pro level talent ( Bryant and Tuitt were both immensely talented, as was Shazier… all of them could easily have been all pros) just evaporating…

Every one of them could still be playing this season-

The past half decade has been marred with unexpected roster implosions with star players that were not ancient..
lev Bell illogically destroying his career… Martavis smoking himself out of the league..
AB melting down.
Both Decastro and Pouncey retiring.. I mean they were what? 30 and 31? Thats a whole contract earlier than what you expect all pro linemen to retire at…. The 31/32 seasons should have been the end of their primes… not the end of their careers…

How do you plan for that much All pro level talent ( Bryant and Tuitt were both immensely talented, as was Shazier… all of them could easily have been all pros) just evaporating…

Every one of the guys you mentioned above could/should still be playing in 2023, but not Ben. Ben's dead cap alone in 2022 was nearly as large as the entire amount this season. That 2-year, $68 million dollar extension they signed him to in 2019 (already at the age of 37) really handicapped the Steelers financially. Along with those other early retirements, that's a big reason why Colbert was behind the 8-ball over the last couple of years.

AB melting down.

Pounce knees were shot. It was a miracle he lasted as long as he did. He knew on that last game that was it for him. The knee wouldn't allow another season.

I believe it 100%. Belicheat has always seemed to get much more value from his trades than he did with us on this one.