• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Day 3 - Draft Day

With all the hubbub I had to go and watch it. While nothing about it was all that shocking considering they are both gay, that was a very passionate hug lol.

Of course you did.

Ha ha nice one! Was that a comeback because you still feel dumb for sticking your foot in your mouth with your wise as Psychologist comment already today? Because that was pretty sweet.

Mayock is a talent evaluator. Nobody is questioning the steelers got good players. I haven't seen anybody who thinks Shazier isn't good.

But now think about the biggest problem with the defense. No pass rush and no playmakers in the secondary. Yes, ILB was a need but not as big a need as the first two.

So, yes, the steelers came away with good players, but did they improve the pass rush or the secondary? I'd say no. This draft filled a bunch of needs down the line and fixes depth issues, but will it translate to the win column this year?

They also gave the browns an A and i think their draft was ****, especially when you consider Gordon may be done for the year.

DE and ILB were needs and the pass rush will improve with the players they got. Prior to this draft, who did we have filling in to replace Farrior and Aaron Smith. Ziggy and Williams?

Lol, I didn't watch it but from these descriptions you would think they threw down and ****** on the table for the TV cameras. Was it really all that?

Close, but ESPN cut away. Maybe they will have the extended version online.

Athletic freak. Similar body type to various successful NFL WRs (notice something?). Heard concerns of his off the field issues/character is why he slipped here. Immature, certainly. Had some lapses in concentration that caused some drops early in the season. He has good hands, just has to keep his eye on the ball and not turn to run. Excellent leaper, real redzone threat. Was a deep option for Clemson when they hit mid-field, very similar to what we did with Wallace. Talent wise, he should have went much higher. Easily on board with this pick. Maybe they will pick up another WR later, I hope so.
Lets hope his immaturity does not turn him into Limas Sweed the second. Who made the comment earlier that the ghost of AL Davis had possessed Tombert, Karma to you. We are getting lots of speed. Hopefully they turn out ok if not it will be like being lost and not knowing which way we are going but we'll be making great time.

So you want to start a forty page complaint on last years pick?

You can do that, just do not complain about THIS year's draft picks. You know, do as I say, not as I do.

...when in Rome...
It was just too good to pass up. On a serious not guys thanks for the posts and discussion the talk on here beats the crap out of the TV coverage, even when beating the dead horses. Tv coverage was so bad after the first day I did not watch I just came here and read the thread. On a positive note I got to miss all the gay crap coverage on the television. I am sure once he gets into a locker room full of men the switch from defense to wide receiver or tight end will start.

It was just too good to pass up. On a serious not guys thanks for the posts and discussion the talk on here beats the crap out of the TV coverage, even when beating the dead horses. Tv coverage was so bad after the first day I did not watch I just came here and read the thread. On a positive note I got to miss all the gay crap coverage on the television. I am sure once he gets into a locker room full of men the switch from defense to wide receiver or tight end will start.

Yes, "watching the draft" on Twitter and Steeler Nation is much better than watching the garbage produced by ESPN and NFL Network. Anyone who expected ESPN to spend time talking about the Steelers first round pick hasn't been around the block for very long. I did watch most of round 1 on ESPN but that was because we had friends over to eat, drink and watch and we weren't hanging on every word...